Helping Someone

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun was about to enter the toilet when she remembered that a female couldn't simply walk into the men's restroom. Quickly looking around, she spotted a long coat hanging one of the pegs that were built into the walls. It was for visitors to hang their jackets on, but in the end it was hardly used. She grabbed the coat and put it on, as well as the mask that Luhan had given her earlier, which she had hidden under her clothes. She had to do something about her long hair, so she quickly tied her hair into a ponytail and wrapped her scarf around it. She knew she looked utterly weird at the moment, but she could care less.

 

Slowly opening the door, she peeked inside and sighed relieved as no one could be seen. She was about to open the toilet cubicle's door when she noticed that it was occupied. Mihyun nervously breathed in and out. She didn't have much time, since Jinri would surely get suspicious if she was away for such a long time, and she still had to crawl through the shafts. Hopefully, everything would work out.

 

The sudden movement of the cubicle door made Mihyun widen her eyes. The man, who stepped out, was none other than EXO's Lay. Immediately, Mihyun changed her mind. The shaft plan was thrown away, and the girl grabbed his hand and handed him the antibiotics quickly. Under her mask, she suppressed a smile because it was so perfect. Without having to go the shafts, which would have meant having her maid getting suspicious and the risk of getting caught, she was able to give him the medicine. Before she left the toilets, she quickly glanced over to Lay, who was smiling relieved as he looked at the medicine in his hand. All of a sudden though, he looked up and reached out his hand to grab her arm.

 

“Hey, wait! Who are you?”

 

Mihyun avoided his hand and stormed out of the restroom. It was too dangerous to let him see her. Rumors would spread about the heiress having helped them, and if her father got scent of that... she shook her head, not even wanting to think about it. She could already imagine what he'd say. Are you crazy?! Giving a mere artist the own expensive medicine, what kind of behavior is that? Surely not a heiress' one's!

 

Once she was a few meters away from the restroom, she quickly got out of the coat and threw it onto the ground, not caring where it would land. While running back to the hall, she removed the mask as well as the scarf. She arrived at the hall, heavily panting and tried to catch her breath before entering. When she went in, Jinri scanned her, eagle-eyed as ever. “Do you feel better?” she asked, her gaze focused on Mihyun's face. The latter nodded and was about to say something, but Jinri was quicker. 

 

“Where's the rest of antibiotics?”

 

Crap. Mihyun's eyes widened in shock. She had completely forgotten that. Panicky, she looked around, but stopped when she realized that panicking wasn't going to help her in any way. She gulped. Taking a deep breath, she told herself to be confident when lying. Even the most ridiculous lie could be believed if it was told with the perfect amount of confidence. Mihyun lowered her head to avoid Jinri's eagle-eyed stare.“I'm sorry, Jinri. I accidently dropped the package into the toilet when I was taking out one pill.”  It was silent for a while and Mihyun didn't dare to look up. Did I mess up? She thought nervously. Deciding to pour some apologetic actions into the whole act, she whispered, “I'm so sorry... since antibiotics are so expensive.” Suddenly, she felt a hand tapping her shoulder lightly.

 

“Don't worry about that. At least you still had one pill." She said softly, sounding almost like a mother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter