A Plan

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Mihyun was lightly nudged, she woke up. Opening her eyes, she looked in Soyeon's face. "We got water and food." She informed. Mihyun sat up and took the half of the dry bread that Soyeon held up. "Thanks." She bit off a chunk and drank a bit from the water. It wasn't exactly tasty but it was enough to satisfy her grumbling stomach a bit. At least for now.

"Do you know why they hold us captive?" Mihyun asked, trying her luck again. Soyeon was a tad weird. On occasion she'd say a lot randomly, yet sometimes she just stayed quiet. Mihyun secretly wondered how long Soyeon had been in here.

The said one raised her eyebrow and tilted her head lightly. "No, but they don't want us dead. That much is clear." She answered, before leaning back and closing her eyes again; the sign for Mihyun to stop talking. As soon as Soyeon closed her eyes, she ignored everything around her.

Mihyun used the time to watch her surroundings again. Yesterday she had dozed off after a while. The bit of daylight that shone through the small window helped her look at the prison cell and the people in the other ones. She realized that the captives were mostly familiar to her. Students from her school. Rich children. She nodded her head and stood up. Going to the one bar from yesterday again, she continued to scan the whole area. 

She noticed that her prison cell was opposite to the exit. She estimated around thirty meters, since the hall all the prison cells were in was huge. Just as she wanted to close her eyes, the door opened, and Mihyun forced herself to pay attention.

 

“Get that Park boy out of here.” Mihyun could hear one of the revolutionists say as they walked closer. One of the men stopped at the prison cell next to her's. From the corner of her eye could see a boy getting dragged away. He was one of her former classmates, but she couldn’t remember his full name.

 

“Do you know how much?” The other man asked as he pushed the Park boy to go forward. The grumpier one wrinkled his nose. “No. Boss always keeps the amounts a secret.” He mumbled. “It must have been much though. He immediately called me to get this boy out of here.” He added and spat on the ground.

 

In Mihyun's mind ideas began to form, and she soon had a vague assumption of why she and all the other adolescents were being held captive. Hostages. It was that simple. The revolutionists needed money and if they were going to conquer the city's political leadership anyway, they could capture some wealthy people to extort their families. Mihyun shook her head, angry at herself since she didn’t realize until now that all these captives were the heirs of high companies, lawyer's offices, or part of a family that served the government.

 

And that Park boy's family probably just agreed to the amount of the extortion.

 

Mihyun's eyes widened as a touch of an idea shot through her head. If they were hostages, they needed them to be alive, didn’t they? A small smirked formed upon her lips, as she started planning something.

 

 

-

 

 

“Luhan, stay calm.” Sehun softly said, but flinched as Luhan slammed a fist into the wall next to him. “How?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter