Wall

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Your birthday is soon, isn’t it?” Sehun turned to Mihyun and asked her brightly. “Uh, yes, how did you know?” The lass looked at him, seemingly surprised. “Because we've been informed that we are going to attend the fete.” Mihyun made an 'o' expression, realizing that the maids probably already informed the circus director, who informed EXO. She smiled. Having EXO at her birthday fete was the only positive cause of the fete, since there was still the one thought that was bothering her very much...

 

While the members were in the changing rooms to get dressed and to get their makeup done, Mihyun went to the restroom, and as she was finished, the lass unconsciously started to stroll around in the building. Her thoughts were again drifting off to the birthday fete that was going to take place in a few days. Still, the one thought was bothering her. It was unspoken and it would probably remain this way, but she had the hunch that her father wanted to marry her off, or at least wanted to have some candidates as husband.

 

Mihyun shuddered at the very thought of it. No, simply no. She had always despised the thought of having an arranged marriage- and that would never change, she was sure of that. She never liked how girls were prepared their whole life in order to get a rich and 'good' man as their husband. She didn’t want to end up as a quiet housewife, when she, in fact, had so much to say, especially about this society.

 

Mihyun knew that she had the capabilities to lead her father's company, and she promised herself that if she could really to take over the circus, she would to anything to change the rules here. She hoped to make a better contract for the artists. She wouldn’t be able to close the whole company, no matter how much she wanted to, but she could at least make it more bearable for the artists.

 

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she slowly opened the door to the small corridor, in which the stairs to the higher floors was. No matter how much she was against an arranged marriage, she couldn’t possibly not attend her own fete. And the lass decided to accept that fact, and rather concentrate on how to get through her father's head that she wouldn’t let herself get married off.

 

As Mihyun walked past a few people when she went to her seat, her ears caught something interesting: Chen's birthday was in two week, at least according to the loud chattering. Only then she realized that she didn’t even know the members' birthdays, nor did she know their age. She only had a vague assumption.

 

As she sat down, and the performance began, she decided to guess the members' age and to look it up afterwards. Guessing their age wasn’t all to hard, until she pondered about Luhan's age. Even though the lad looked really young, Mihyun was sure that he wasn’t as young as he seemed at first. There was something in his eyes that made him look older, more experienced.

 

After a few tries, she gave up, only to struggle with Tao's age. The said one looked rather mature, but after seeing him interact with the other members, Mihyun immediately knew that he belonged to the younger ones - only how young was the question. She blew some air into her cheeks, shaking her head lightly, and stopped to guess their ages. She could look it up anyway.

 

Before the performance ended, she went back to the one of the rooms where the members usually stayed, and asked a staff member for the book, where all the information about all the artists was inside.

 

 

Looking through the book, she tried to remember the birthdays of the members, and it was a rather monotonous and boring action for seven minutes, that is, until she finally reached Luhan's page. No way, the lass thought, her jaw dropping slightly. According to the date of birth that was written in the book, Luhan was only eighteen years old. With his birthday being in April he'd only be a few months older than Mihyun.

 

Either Luhan was very mature for his age, or- no, she thought. Even if he was very mature for his age, he couldn’t be eighteen. He seemed to have much more experience, he seemed to be so much wiser ... but then again, his childhood was probably hard and complicated, thus giving him the experience. Slightly disappointed with her analyzing abilities she bit her lower lip. To think that she had been so sure that he was one of the older ones in EXO. The lass sighed heavily, but she still refused to believe the book.

 

 

The EXO boys finished their performance and went back to the room they always used. Luhan was surprised not to see Mihyun in this room. Of course he had noticed her leaving her seat earlier than usually- his eyes were always wandering off to the said one's seat when performing- and he had thought that she went back to the room.

 

The other members were really tired and immediately sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter