Imprisonment

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun turned around one last time as she grabbed the doorknob. Just catching Luhan's figure leaving the corridor, she sighed and pushed the door open. No one. She immediately ran to the next door an teared it open. She might have seemed quite calm when Luhan told her about the revolutionists, but on the inside fear was eating her up. Her whole body just wanted to run away, leave the circus behind her, but that spark of her responsible self held her back. That voice. She was sure of it, and she couldn't leave that person back.

 

Door after door, she teared open and looked into them, yelling something. As she reached the last few doors of the corridor, uneasiness spread across her body. What if she imagined the voice? A voice panicky whispered inside her mind.  Mihyun affirmatively shook her head. No! Stay calm. When she reached the second last door, she yanked it open, hoping she'd finally find that person.

 

Her eyes widened in relief and her stiff body relaxed a bit again. A young girl laid on the floor, seemingly unconscious. Mihyun rushed over to her and lifted her. As her hand touched the girl's skin, she realized that the girl was having a strong fever. Mihyun hissed something and carried the girl to the door. But she had to realize that she wasn't strong enough to carry the girl.

 

She softly patted the girl's face while saying things as 'wake up', and after a while the girl's eyelids fluttered open. "Huh?" She rubbed her eyes before they widened at Mihyun's sight. "The heiress!" She called out and Mihyun immediately hushed her. "The revolutionists are on their way. We have to get out." She quickly explained.  

 

"Can you stand up?" The girl nodded and grabbed Mihyun's hand. As the two of them started to run, noise could be heard from downstairs. Mihyun froze. No, please no.

 

As silently as possible,  the two of them left the corridor and Mihyun decided that they should take the backdoor. The voices got louder, and Mihyun had to force herself to stay calm. When they reached the corridor in which the backdoor was, a man appeared in front of them.

 

A scream escaped the girl's lips. Mihyun didn't scream. She immediately pushed the girl forward and ran into the man with all her strength, which made the man stumble back. The girl understood through the push what Mihyun meant and ran forward as fast as she could.

 

Mihyun almost caught up with the girl, but in the last second a hand reached out and grabbed her arm, roughly pulling her back. She barely saw the girl running away and disappearing into the trees. 

 

The following seconds Mihyun didn't even realize what happened; she only concentrated on struggling and getting free, but sadly it didn't work. She was dragged by a really strong man, and eventually she gave up struggling. Strength seemed to have left Mihyun when found herself on the wagon again. Someone gave her a blow from behind and everything turned black.

 

 

 

Mihyun's eyelids fluttered open, and a burning pain shot through her head. It felt so much like a deja-vu. She groaned, remembering the laceration she had just gotten yesterday. Her fingers touched the cold, wet ground and Mihyun immediately shot up, disgusted at the thought of urine on the floor.

 

"Don't waste your energy." A voice said. A weak, female voice. 

 

Startled, Mihyun turned around and once her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she recognized a young girl, who sat - or precisely crouched - in the corner of the room - or at least it seemed like a room in the darkness.

 

"Where am I? Who are you?" She blurted, staring at the girl. Why did she look so familiar? The girl didn't stand up, only turned her head to look at Mihyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter