Questions over Questions

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun's expression hardened. Xinghan left. A heavy sigh escaped her lips and she turned around, slowly stepping down the stairs. 

Meanwhile the director announced the continuation of the performance, informing the audience that one artist - Luhan - wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be participating in the rest of the show.  Mihyun wrinkled her nose. A cheap excuse for the disappearance of Luhan.

She went to the basement, heading straight to Luhan's room. There she sat on a chair in the empty room. The whole evening Mihyun waited for Luhan to come back, but he didn't. She waited and waited, ignoring the tiredness that threatened to take over her body.

Eventually Sehun convinced her to go home. At that time it was already 3am. Unwillingly, she left the circus.

Back in her mansion she didn't fall asleep at first. Her bed was soft and undoubtedly comfortable, and she was tired as hell too. But the thoughts didn't allow her to sleep. Xinghan and Luhan were brothers. So much did she find out. Luhan disappeared, Xinghan was also gone.

And for the first time, Mihyun couldn't wait to go to school. She wanted to talk to Xinghan. As soon as possible. She wanted to ask him about his relation to Luhan. How could they be brothers?  Xinghan visited her school - he had to be from a prestigious family. Luhan, on the other hand, was anything but rich. He wouldn't be an artist if he were, Mihyun thought, nervously gripping the hem of the blanket. 

Eventually, she gave in to the tiredness and fell asleep, only to get waken up by her maid a mere hour later.  Despite her headache and heavy eyelids, Mihyun jumped off the bed. It was rare for her to get ready or school this willingly and fast. 

Her head didn't stop spinning, the thoughts still occupying her mind as she arrived at the school. Not slowing her pace a little bit ever since her feet left the bed, she walked to the classroom.

She breathed in - it seemed like for the first time for today she actually breathed -, Xinghan wasn't in the classroom. Okay. Calm down, she thought, slowly walking to her seat. It was still early, Xinghan could still come. 

But he didn't. For the rest of the day, Mihyun ignored her surroundings. Too many questions were occupying her mind.

 

When school was finally over, the lass made a short stop at the circus - her schedule didn't allow her to see the performance anymore, but she could care less about that - and asked if Luhan already came back. The head-shaking didn't help lifting her mood. Mihyun returned to the mansion, disappointed.

 

 

And for the following three days it went like this. Xinghan didn't come to school and Luhan wasn't back in the circus. However, the bad news didn't stop Mihyun from  jumping off her bed and heading straight to school and afterwards straight to the circus.

But her mood got worse and her worry grew. Where was Luhan? The said one's pained and shocked expression didn't leave her mind, adding even more worry. 

Aside from that, the questions were still unanswered.  There was too much to know, and nobody to answer.  Soon a week passed and by now Mihyun looked terrible. Her late stops at the circus reduced her already bad sleep.

And the lacking information of Luhan's whereabouts made her extremely nervous.  Her patience wore thin, and she decided that if Xinghan wasn't going to come to school on his own, she'd pay him a visit.

On a Sunday she told a maid to look up so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter