Thank You

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Whilst dragging the heiress with him, Luhan mentally scolded himself for having such a silly idea. The idea was utterly ridiculous, but the worst part was that he was still in the middle of fulfilling it. After they climbed up all the stairs, Luhan and Mihyun entered his secret place - the building's attic - and the boy let go of her arm. Now that he reached the attic, he didn't really know how to continue with his plan. If what he was doing at the moment could even be called a 'plan'. He stared at the wooden floor of the attic. 


"Luhan-ssi?" A soft voice interrupted his thoughts, startling him. How in the world did the heiress know it was him?! Aside from the fact that Luhan was wearing a mask, they had never met personally before. And he doubted that watching him from the audience's places was enough to recognize him while he was only showing his eyes. 
 

"How did you figure that out?" He cautiously asked, leaning forward.

 

The heiress nodded as her eyes scanned him precisely. "So it is really Luhan." Damn, he thought, wrinkling his nose lightly. So she didn't really know that it was him. It had only been an assumption, and Luhan had just confirmed her assumption ... 

"I recognized your voice." Luhan's eyes widened barely noticeably at the answer. He had to admit that it surprised, and also amazed him a bit that the heiress had recognized his voice, as he had never talked to her personally.

"How-"

"I've been in the audience for long enough to know every EXO members' voices." The lass cut him off. Simple and straight, just like her personality. Her voice sounded monotonous and even her facial expression didn't seem to change much. Now that Luhan saw her closely, she looked even more emotionless. And she even sounded emotionless. 

Frowning, he continued to look at the heiress before he removed his mask. She did the same. As Luhan remembered his ridiculous idea, he let out a big sigh, squinting his eyes impalpably. "Okay, I won't hurt you nor do anything to you, if you cooperate with me," he said, breathing out.

"What do you want?" Mihyun asked him, her voice still sounding the same. No reaction. No glimpse of fear. Nothing.

"You're going to play my hostage and I'm going to extort your father." Luhan could swear that he saw her eyebrow raising a bit. But just as the thought crossed his mind, her eyebrows were back to normal again.

"It won't work if you use me as a hostage. My father isn't someone whom you could easily blackmail." The heiress simply stated. To his surprise, she sounded quite indifferent - she didn't show whether she was lying or not. He raised his eyebrow, glancing at her. "Why should I believe you?" 

"I'm just giving you advice. Whether you believe it or not, is your choice." She didn't seem to lie. Even if she had lied, he wouldn't have been able to tell since her voice always had the same monotonous tone. Luhan sighed silently.

It was silent for a while and the latter thought about what she said. Then he sat up straighter, looking for eye-contact.

"But easily blackmailed or not, you are his daughte-" 

"He's too proud to let someone blackmail him, even if it's about his daughter." She quickly cut him off again. Her voice had something inapproachable in it, sounding strangely sad.

"But no matter how proud people are, if it's about their beloved ones-"

"Who said I was one of his beloved ones?"

Luhan was a little bit taken back by the sudden change of her voice. All of a sudden the heiress didn't sound emotionless, but bitter and even her eyes changed. They seemed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter