The Revolutionists

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the first few sun-rays fell upon the room, Mihyun's eyelids slowly fluttered open. But her sight remained greyish. Her nose perceived a familiar, sweet scent, yet she wasn’t used to it in the morning. She arched her neck and remembered thereupon that she was laying in one bed together with Luhan. His chest was right in front of her face and Mihyun blushed at the realization of her position.

 

Nevertheless, she stayed in the position and glanced up. Her gaze fell upon Luhan's sleeping face. Immediately, a smile spread across her face. The sight simply enraptured her. How his long lashes cast shadows on his cheekbones. How his eyelids would tremble lightly. How his tender-looking lips were slightly parted. How the sunlight touched his face – reluctantly, yet warmly. It was truly a sight to behold.

 

Mihyun flushed as she realized what she was doing. Watching Luhan sleep, that is. Embarrassed, she squeezed her eyes shut, only to open one of her eyes irreducibly again and continue to look at him. Biting her lower lip to suppress the huge smile that wanted to creep onto her lips, she turned her face away, now facing the ceiling. Carefully, she tried to slip out of Luhan's embrace. She took his arm, that was still wrapped around her waist, and put next to his chest.

 

Her cheeks turned red when she noticed that not only Luhan's arm had been wrapped around her, but also one of his legs. Around her thigh, precisely saying. She bent and slipped out of his legs, as well. Unfortunately, the bed squeaked and creaked throughout her try to get off the bed. When she finally managed to leave the bed though, she stole one last glance at Luhan's sleeping face, relishing the peaceful expression, before she grabbed her clothes.

 

She quickly went into one corner of the room, doffing the cloth pants, and changed into her skirt and tights. She then ed the chemise and changed into her own blouse. Content that she was wearing clothes, that actually fit her, again, she turned around. A small squeal escaped her lips once she turned around.

 

Luhan was awake. He had propped up his chin with his hand, his elbow supporting the whole laying position, while a smirk played around his lips.

 

“Y-You w-were awake!?” She stuttered, instinctively covering her body with her one hand, even though she was already fully dressed, and pointing at him with her other. She stared at Luhan with wide eyes. The latter, though, just shrugged his shoulder, still not saying anything.

 

“You should have said something! I-I was… changing!” She flushed involuntarily and squeezed her eyes shut. A melodic chuckle filled the room. Luhan stood up from the bed, still chuckling. “What's so bad about that?” He asked, stepping closer to Mihyun. The latter unconsciously stepped back, her back touching the wall.

 

“Eh…” She half stuttered, half muttered, intimidated by Luhan's sudden proximity as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

 

“Mihyun. You're my girl, did you forget?” He said playfully. His voice dropped, now sounding deeper and huskier. He then leaned closer until his lips touched her hair. “And I'm your man.” He breathed into her ear, sending shudders down her spine. The girl flushed heavily and squeezed her eyes shut. Utterly embarrassed, she tried to push Luhan away. A loud laughter made Mihyun open her eyes though.

 

Luhan laughed, as though he just hoaxed a child. Once the male stopped laughing, he gazed at her lovingly. He couldn’t help but smile at how innocent she was.

 

“Yah!” Mihyun scolded, giving him a look as she hit his arm lightly. Eventually, she started to laugh as well and Luhan smiled happily as he changed.

 

-

 

“It's locked.” Mihyun flicked her tongue as she turned the doorknob, only to assess that the door was locked. She cocked her head lightly, stepped back and eyed the door closely. Just as she wanted to lunge out to kick the door, Luhan held her arm. “Let me do this, okay?” He smiled. “But– “ before Mihyun could say anything more, he already kicked against the door with all his strength.

 

The area around the doorknob was damaged and as Mihyun pushed against it with her body the door fell on the floor. “You sure are strong.” She mumbled admiringly, looking at Luhan. He chuckled before stepping over the door. Once inside the room, the two of immediately found the device they looked for.

 

Mihyun pressed the button and held up the microphone. “Attention! The revo– “ her voice that had just filled the intercom, stopped abruptly. She pressed the button again and again, but nothing happened. Frowning, she turned to Luhan, who seemed as surprised as her.

 

“No..” She breathed as an assumption formed in her mind. With that assumption, she immediately went to the light switch. The light didn’t turn on. Just as she supposed, the electricity was cut. She walked to the window and teared the curtain to the side. Luhan followed her, and the two of them watched as the lights from buildings near the circus all shut down within a second.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter