Sadness

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun bit her lower lip as she felt Luhan's hair tickle her cheeks. “Mihyun,” The lad whispered right next to her ear, sending shudders down her spine. “Are you okay?” He asked, slowly straightening himself. His blonde, slightly curled hair brushed her lips when he sat up.

 

The lass quickly nodded her head, sitting up as well. “Sorry.” Luhan mumbled as he brought some distance between them. He just wanted to stand up when Mihyun grabbed his hand and pulled him to her. Luckily he didn’t fall this time, only lightly bumped into the girl.

 

“Stay.” Mihyun said, still holding his arm tightly with both of her hands. Luhan turned to her, a frown on his face. “Why?” He whispered. His eyes had something sad in them – Mihyun had the strong urge to hug him. Just why did he look so sad?

 

“Tell me what's wrong.” Now she took his hand and started to trace lines on his palm. Her soft but cold fingertips sent him small shudders through his palm, yet he liked it. It felt so comforting.

 

“Please.” She whispered as she stopped tracing the lines. Looking up, her eyes widened when she saw his face. It was like the wall was knocked away and his real feelings were being exposed to her.

 

Sadness, bitterness, and a hint of nostalgia? It seemed to be nostalgia, she believed.

 

He impalpably shook his head, looking away. Mihyun could just catch him mouthing 'I'm sorry' before he completely turned his face away.

 

An almost inaudible gasp escaped Luhan's lips – his eyes widened when he saw Mihyun raising her hand, as if she wanted to slap him. He closed his eyes, but the expected slap didn’t come. Only a warm, soft palm.

 

It was a touch he didn’t get to feel for a long time – so comforting, so soothing... so sincere. His eyes still closed, he could feel another palm, cupping his other cheek. He slowly opened his eyes, only to see the most sincere gaze he had ever seen.

 

“Please. Don't hide, Luhan.” Mihyun said, her big eyes watching him with so much sincerity that he just wanted to tell her everything. But he didn’t say anything, just watched as she came closer. She wasn’t cupping his face anymore, her hand was now on his back.

 

Mihyun hugged him, his back. If he didn’t want to talk, she wouldn’t force him. But there was one thing she could do – she could comfort him.

 

“You know, when I was smaller I had no one to talk to because my father was always away, I used to write down my thoughts.” The lass smiled as she reminisced it. “I would always write a letter to an imaginary person, telling him my worries...” She stopped talking, taking a very deep breath.

 

“I'll think about that option.” Luhan answered, a small smile on his face, but still a sad one. “Continue.” He softly said when he noticed that Mihyun had stopped his back. The lass blinked, surprised, not sure what he meant first, but as she understood she gladly continued.

 

They stayed silent for a while, Mihyun his back, and Luhan playing with her hair. Just as the lass was about to let go, Luhan started to speak. The sound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter