Fei

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Fei!” All three of them called out worriedly and Luhan rushed to his sister.

 

The walk back to the circus was quiet, with Luhan and Xinghan alternating on giving Fei a rest on each other's backs. Mihyun watched the scene in front of her as a small tingle rushed through her body.

 

It was good to see their family reunite. Hopefully things would work out for them, Mihyun thought. When they finally arrived at the circus, all the members approached them.

 

“Who's that?” Xiumin asked, stepping closer to Fei, who now laid on a settee.

 

“She's pretty.” Chanyeol mumbled, going closer as well. Baekhyun smacked his head and came closer too. All the other members followed, only Lay stayed back. He glanced at Fei, and the urge to take her to a doctor rushed through him. The girl looked really sick. Her skin was very pale, almost unhealthy looking, and her body was really thin, which made her look frail.

 

“Guys, we shouldn’t go that near. If she wakes up and finds twelve pairs of eyes watching her, she'll get a heart-attack.” He softly said, motioning the members to step back. Luhan nodded his head at him, mouthing a small thanks. “This is my sister.” He explained, earning gasps and wondering gazes from his fellow members.

 

“Sister?” Kai wondered out loud.

 

“Yes, sister. It's a long story …” He asnwered, “I'll tell you sometime.” He turned to the other members again. “Can someone get water and something to eat?” he asked.

 

“Lay already went.” Chen answered him, pointing to the door. At that very moment the door opened and Lay stood in the door-frame, a water bottle and a piece of bread in his hands.

 

“Couldn't find anything else.” He mumbled, closing the door.

 

Lay put the food and water on the table next to the settee and used that moment to take a close look at Fei. The resemblance between her and Luhan was utterly conspicuous. Both had very soft features, making them look really angel-like.

 

He stared at her face for longer than necessary, and almost jumped back when her eyelids fluttered open, his gaze, though, still focused on her face.

 

Her eyes are beautiful.

 

Lay flushed at the almost ridiculous thought that just popped into his mind. Gulping, he stepped back, and turned his face to look away. Fei stared at him for a moment, surprised. Who was he?

 

She turned her head, spotting Luhan.

 

“Where am I?” she asked him, sitting up, and holding her head.

 

“Home. My home.” Luhan answered reluctantly, since the three of them now had different homes. Fei nodded and her eyes scanned the whole room. There were many people. Too many. And they were all male. She drew in a sharp breath.

 

Ever since certain things happened, she had a problem with men, besides her brothers. “Who are they?” she asked, turning to Luhan again. “My friends.” That answer made her sigh. It felt like her old life with her brothers back in China was another life – so long ago did it feel.

 

There was so much she didn’t know.

 

“How did you end up in Korea?” Xinghan suddenly asked,making her look up. Fei opened to answer, but got interrupted by Lay, who stood a few meters away from the settee, “Um… don't you want to eat something first?” he hesitantly asked, pointing to the bread and water on the table.

 

Fei looked at him, surprised, and realised that he was the same boy who had stared at her. She shifted, slightly uncomfortable, but gave Lay a small smile. “That is a good idea.” She softly said and reached out her hand to grab the bottle, but Lay was faster. He took it and gave it to her.

 

Their fingertips brushed. Fei liked the warmth of Lay's fingers. She opened the bottle and drank. Just as she put down the bottle, Lay pointed with his head towards the bread. His asking gaze seemed cute in her eyes, and she gladly took the bread.

 

When she finished eating, Lay walked back and told the members, “We should leave the three siblings alone. I'm sure they have a lot to talk about.” Everyone nodded, and also Mihyun stood up and left.

 

Mihyun glanced at the three siblings one last time before she closed the door.

 

“You're very considerate.” She said as she turned to Lay, giving him a small smile. The latter blinked surprised, to which Mihyun chuckled.

 

 

 

 

“So this is your workplace?” Fei slowly said, turning to Luhan and Xinghan. The elder male nodded, whereas the younger one shook his head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter