Luhan

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mistress, we should hurry up or else we're going to be too late. I don't think it's that good to be late on the first day after summer break.” Jinri stood there and prepared her breakfast as Mihyun entered the kitchen.

 

“Do you feel better?” Jinri asked whilst eying Mihyun. The latter merely nodded and sat down at the table. The breakfast Jinri had prepared looked good, and without a doubt it was delicious, but Mihyun didn’t have the appetite to eat anything... The mere thought of going to school made her feel sick. She hated school, the boredom that would overcome her when the teachers taught things she had already learned at home, when the girls kept bad-mouthing her and the whole atmosphere was unbearable. It was always the same. People didn't like her for the fact that she seemed cold, uninterested in their doings and boring.

 

Maybe, she was boring in their eyes; if that was the case then she couldn’t change it. The students at her school are all rich, of course, since the school she attended was a prestigious one. It was the richest, the most popular and the most powerful school in the whole land of Korea. But despite being the 'best' in all those named categories, it failed when it came to the students. Most of her classmates loved to pester the teachers and to bully them, really bully them. They would have their bodyguards beat those teachers, whom they disliked, up. They would bully the scholarship students or the 'not so wealthy ones'.

 

When Mihyun was at school, she was actually quite relieved that her father was a powerful man because the students were too scared of her family's status to actually bully her. She was quite lucky only to get bad-mouthed. At the whole school, she was amongst the top five of the most powerful ones. The second most powerful ones were two boys, cousins, and they were considered the 'kings' of her school. They used their power to lead the students, as well as to bully the students. As soon as they'd taken a disliking towards someone, whether it was a teacher or a student, that certain one should be prepared for living through hell. Mihyun wasn’t really bothering the 'kings', nor did she catch too much attention in their opinion, and since her father was quite powerful as well, they would simply ignore her; and she was happy about that because she ignored them as well, and she didn’t want to get into trouble.

 

Her father would freak out if she caused trouble at school. Which is why her father strictly told her not to help someone at school. What he meant was not to help the ones that were getting bullied because if you did that, the kings would make you their next victim. Mihyun's father probably experienced the same hierarchy system in his school days.

 

And to be honest, even though Mihyun felt bad for the bullied ones, something in her refused to help them, and no matter how much she hated any resemblance between her father and herself, on that point she had to agree; she didn’t want to be the next victim, or rather the next center of attention because she couldn’t possibly be a victim. Although since she had the most bodyguards and also the strongest around her when she was at school, so it was almost impossible to hurt her physically. But Mihyun simply didn’t want the kings' hatred because she knew her father would get scent of that and she wanted to save herself from the punishments and scoldings from her father.

 

Actually, she wasn’t in the position to stand up against the two cousins since her family was less powerful; the only one who could stand up against them was the most powerful one at her school, the crown princess. Yes, she actually attended a school, instead of getting her lessons at home. But it was mostly because society viewed home-schooling as negative. No matter how powerful you are, or how high your rank is, even if you are from the royal family, you should attend a school because that strengthens your social skills. If you don’t do that, society will characterize you as 'unsocial' and that would damage the royal family's image, which was probably the reason for the crown princess to do nothing against the bull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter