Jealous?

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Again a kiss scene...

 

That was exactly the reason as to why Mihyun didn’t like the fact that Luhan always played the prince. In every fairytale the prince will kiss the princess, really in every single one. This time, they performed 'The Frog Prince', and again he had to kiss someone - SNSD's Yoona.

 

Mihyun hated to admit it, but they looked good together. Really good. Just like a picture-perfect couple. She narrowed her eyes at that thought.

 

Unconsciously, she held her breath as their faces got closer. Luhan's lips brushed over Yoona's and his fingers intertwined with hers. Mihyun wanted to close her eyes so that she wouldn’t see it, but she simply couldn’t avert her eyes. Her heart felt so unbelievably heavy as she watched, yet she couldn't bring herself to look away. At least this kiss didn’t last as long as the one in Snow White, and Mihyun let out a sigh as their lips parted.

 

Mihyun's gaze fell down to her hands that were clenched into fists - she hadn't even noticed it until now. Another sigh escaped her lips as she slowly opened her fists and stared at her red palms.

 

Was I really jealous?

 

Mihyun didn’t know it, since she'd never experience it before. Frowning, she shifted her attention back to the stage. All the artists gathered and bowed together while the audience was cheering and throwing roses at their now complete performance.

 

Mihyun was clapping as well, ignoring the kiss scene. It was the first time she clapped for them. She finally realized that she couldn't change their life even though she knew what was going on, but she could show them her support. That was the least she could do. She had been too narrow-minded back then, thinking that a forced performance was something she could never enjoy and she wouldn’t clap for something she didn’t enjoy. She internally admitted that it was still hard to enjoy the performance, but she had to consider their hard work. Even if it was forced, it was still their blood and sweat. It wouldn’t help them if Mihyun just sat there, not supporting them. No matter how much she pitied them, the only way of supporting them, at least mentally, was showing them their deserved cheers.

 

Some people in the audience turned to Mihyun, seemingly surprised that she was clapping. In return, she smiled at their surprised - yes, almost shocked expressions, and they seemed to be even more taken aback when Mihyun smiled.

 

She turned away again and continued to clap for the artists, and her gaze wandered to Luhan again. The prince in white stood there, perfect as always and smiled at the audience.

 

Seeing that he was still holding Yoona's hand, Mihyun had to suppress the urge to whip away her hand. Did they have to look so picture-perfect? She sighed again before proceeding to go back to the basement.

 

 

Mihyun greeted the EXO members and smiled a bit at how loud they were. Everyone but them in the basement was quiet. The loudest ones were Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

Lay approached Mihyun and something in his eyes told me that he had something to say. What he whispered to her, only confirmed her assumption. The two of them walked away from the others until they were out of hearing distance.

 

“Luhan gege told me that you've become friends.” He said before taking a deep breath. “It's not very easy to win over Luhan and become his friend.” Mihyun's heart jumped a little bit at what he said. It wasn’t easy to win over Luhan? She smiled thinking that it had to have a reason that she managed to befriend him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter