Xinghan

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun's eyes widened at the sight in front of her. But since she was too aghast to say something, she just followed him. Xinghan lead the two of them into an empty classroom, and as he finally let go of Mihyun's wrist, she rubbed her wrist and stepped a few steps back.

 

“Why did you bring me here?” She asked, eyeing him suspiciously and still maintaining the distance.

 

“Where are your bodyguards? Didn't you hear the news?” Xinghan asked her, and the tone of his voice made her feel a bit stupid.

 

Just what did I miss?

 

Mihyun shook her head unsurely, and stepped to the side so that he wouldn’t bump into her while walking to the window. Her head turned into the direction he was going to.

 

Quickly, her eyes scanned what was outside the window, getting a view from above since this was the third floor of the school's building.

 

There were people - many, many people - and they looked furious. Mihyun squinted her eyes, in an attempt to get a clearer view of what was standing on the signs and placards the people were holding up.

 

“Down with this society...?” She read out slowly, as her eyes scanned all the other signs.

 

We don't need the royal family!

 

We want fairness! We want food! We want freedom!

 

Stop lying!

 

We want justice!

 

And many more...

 

It felt like something clutched Mihyun's heart at the very sight of these signs and the expressions in the people's face: misery, grief, sorrow, but mostly anger.

 

She was so immersed in reading the people's feelings that she didn’t even notice the huge stone that was flying to the window she was standing at - her direction.

 

Before Mihyun could react, someone roughly pulled her away, and she fell - not on the ground, but on something that felt rather soft. Her eyes were still widened in shock, and she gulped as she saw the stone lying on the parquet flooring, pieces of the broken window glass next to it.

 

Only when the pain shot through her body did she notice that some pieces of glass had grazed her face and that some were stuck in her arm - only lightly though. Making a face, Mihyun pulled out the shards. She gulped as she felt the red, warm blood trickling out of the wound in her arm.

 

“Are you okay?” A voice behind her asked, and she remembered that she wasn’t alone. Xinghan must have pulled her away right in time.

 

As Mihyun turned around, she immediately noticed the shocked expression in his face. “Y-You have a glass piece stuck in your forehead.” He stuttered and pointed at her forehead with his finger.

 

She swallowed her saliva as she touched her forehead, trying to find the piece. Flinching, she pulled it out as well. The male in front of her eyed her sharply.

 

“You're quite lucky that it's not deep.” He said and Mihyun shrugged her shoulders. “How about you? Any injuries?” She asked him as she stood up, careful not to step on any broken glass.

 

“Ah and thank you for pulling me back, it could have ended ugly...” She mumbled and Xinghan smiled at her. Even his smile was similar to Luhan's.

 

Mihyun's gaze wandered to the window again and she finally realized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter