Sehun

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun blinked several times, attempting to figure out if it was really Luhan. And it was. As the realization finally hit her, she let out a small gasp. Immediately she felt her heart thumping louder than wanted.

 

Luhan really stood there, right in front of Mihyun, his right arm around her shoulder in a protective manner. She could only see his back, but it was enough for her to feel the warmth that always filled her body when she was around Luhan.

 

A grumble made her snap out of her thoughts, and she remembered that there still the angry citizens. One of them came nearer, and Mihyun drew in a sharp breath as she noticed the small dagger in his hand.

 

“Little boy, I recommend you to go away.” He said, it was more spitting than speaking. He wrinkled his nose in a disgusted manner at Mihyun. “She's some rich kid from this school, and we're going to get some money from her.” Luhan's grip around her shoulder tightened as the man stepped closer to the two of them, or rather to Mihyun.

 

“Don't you dare to touch her.” Luhan hissed and Mihyun almost flinched at the sharpness in his voice. It sounded so incredibly cold and threatening that she even wondered how the Luhan she knew could sound like that.

 

Luhan took a step, now completely covering her. Even though she couldn’t see his face at that moment, she knew that he was probably glaring at the demonstrators. Just as one of them wanted to dash forward, a loud siren made him stop immediately - the police.

 

Luhan had now grabbed Mihyun's hand and his grip was tight, showing that he was as uncomfortable with the police being here as the demonstrators.

 

He stepped back, but it was too late - the whole place was suddenly filled with policemen, and they were encircled. Luhan and Mihyun were being dragged to the side. As she threw one last glance to where they had been standing, she could see that the police was arresting all the demonstrators, or at least they tried to; and it was hard because the former were struggling with tooth and nail.

 

“Hands behind your back.” One policeman said, roughly pulling Mihyun away from Luhan. As her fingertips brushed Luhan's before they were separated, she gulped.

 

She looked at him, afraid what would happen to Luhan. He wasn’t allowed to go out, and if he got caught... especially by those bastards of policemen. Yes, those people were bastards; they didn’t bring justice at all, and they treated the normal citizens as bad as the upper class did, if not even worse. And they were easily being bribed with money - Mihyun knew that from her father.

 

He had taught me almost everything. And that was the only thing she was thankful for, her knowledge. At least she knew what was wrong, illegal and unfair in this world, unlike all the other rich children.

 

Mihyun quickly decided to take action, yanking her arm off the policeman's hand and slapped the man right in the face. She knew how she had to act around people like them.

 

“You filthy policeman, don’t you dare to touch me again.” Mihyun shrieked, attempting to copy the arrogance in the voices of the rich, old women in the train.

 

“I am a heiress.” She stretched the words with a very annoying tone. “And that male is my bodyguard.” She said, pointing to Luhan, who was being held by two men.

 

“Pfft.” The man, who Mihyun assumed to be an officer, hissed before stepping closer to her again. “Yes, and I'm Santa Claus.”

 

She stomped her feet on the ground and pointed to her nameplate. “Lee Mihyun, heiress of the SM Company, mister.” Mihyun almost spat the last word.

 

As the officer's eyes widened a bit, she smirked. No matter how cocky the police was, all their pride was gone as soon as they had an upper class person in front of them.

 

His cold expression turned into an unsure one, and she crossed her arms, still keeping the act as the typical heiress. Then she motioned with her head to Luhan.

 

The man immediately told his men to let go of Luhan. He quickly mumbled a small apology and Mihyun grabbed Luhan's hand before the two of them walked away.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter