The Underground

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Now that she got out of the park, Mihyun aimlessly walked forward. How did she expect herself to find the entrance to The Underground. Was there even one?

 

The lass looked up the sky. The sun had completely set by now.

 

She wrapped her arms around her body as a gust of wind came, blowing her coat up. Hopefully she'd find The Underground soon. Now that it was dark the place looked intimidating, especially since she was completely alone.

 

Mihyun urged herself to fasten her pace, frequently telling herself not to look back in case someone was following her. She stopped when she faced a wall that was overgrown with plants.

 

That is the end? She thought unbelieving.

 

Dang it. Why hadn't she paid attention when she was walking with Luhan. If she did, she would now know if they had walked past a wall like this.

 

Mihyun turned half-way around when her eyes spotted weak light coming from a hole in the wall. Her pulse fastened. She walked alongside the wall until she came to a small tree. She walked around the tree and discovered a big gate next to the tree. The wall didn’t continue after the gate because there were only trees, forming a tiny forest.

 

Mihyun walked through the gate and followed the weak light until she was at huge stairs that apparently led down to residential district. The houses were barely illuminated; the whole place looked rather dark.

 

She slowly walked down the stairs, occasionally glancing to her left and right. The place emitted a dangerous aura, and she almost regretted coming here.

 

No, her inner voice called out. She wouldn’t regret coming and she wouldn’t turn back now. Sure, she didn’t know how to continue with her plan, but at least there was a chance of Luhan being here. And that chance kept her staying in this dark, dangerous place.

 

Mihyun involuntarily flinched as someone walked past her. She took a deep breath to calm herself, and continued to walk into the inner-part of this district. Should she ask for that group?

 

But who? She had to admit that she didn’t have the guts to tap someone's shoulder and ask something, not in this place, at this hour.

 

Eventually, she forced herself to enter one of the houses – which she discovered weren't houses to live in, but mostly stores. She decided to enter a bar to get some information. But as soon as she entered the room, she regretted her decision.

 

All gazes went to her, sending shudders down her spine. Some of these unknown faces seemed to smile, or rather they smirked. Mihyun gulped, trying hard not to show her nervousness and fear. Judging from the people in this bar, she had to act rough to get some answers to her questions.

 

“What is such a missy doing here?” A husky voice suddenly breathed next to her ear and Mihyun almost jumped back, her eyes widening. The overly strong smell of alcohol mixed with cigarettes disgusted her, and she had a hard time not to run outside to get oxygen into her lungs.

 

Out of nowhere a hand touched her shoulder and Mihyun flinched impalpably, before she turned around, pondering whether to react aggressively or not. The man next to her was probably in his late twenties, and she involuntarily remembered the night that one man had raided her.

 

React aggressively? Or should she stay silent?

 

She squeezed her eyes shut.

 

All or nothing!

 

“Don't touch me.” She hissed as convincing as possible, and to her own surprise she sounded really fierce.

 

A loud laughter resonated next to her ear. “Oh what do we have?!” Another loud laughter. “An untamed kitten?” Now it seemed like the whole bar was laughing. Loud and smeary.

 

“I said. Don't. Touch. Me.” Mihyun emphasized. Suddenly, she was gripped by her arm on the other side. From the corner of her eye she could see a boy, not much older than her, gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter