Love

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun and Luhan left The Underground afterwards. The two of them slowly walked back, a comfortable silence between them, accompanied by the silence of the chilly night. Mihyun occasionally glanced at Luhan's face and smiled as she saw his expression.

 

His walls were completely gone; what was left was a vulnerable boy, but at that moment he didn’t seem sad, rather actually happy. She relished the curled up corner of his lips. Luhan had a beautiful smile, especially when it was sincere.

 

The girl bit back a smile at the memory; at that time she became interested in Luhan because his smile seemed to have cast a spell on her. The moment he had flashed her his tiny, but sincere smile in the attic. The moment everything began for her.

 

Mihyun felt like she changed so much during the time with him. The world didn’t change – no, but her perception did. Luhan changed it for her. And even better was that she changed Luhan as well. He hadn’t changed completely yet, but the fact that his walls were now gone was already a big step.

 

She stopped walking and looked up the dark, seemingly mysterious sky. “Luhan?” Her voice seemed to echo through the night.

 

“Yes?” The asked one turned to her, and stopped when he saw her looking up the sky. That was something he always did when he was younger.

 

“You said you're twenty-one. Why did you lie about your age in first place?” she asked, her eyes still looking at the stars.

 

Luhan stepped closer to her and did likewise – looking up the sky. “I only wanted to make sure the company would choose me, because I heard that younger people were preferred.” He answered, images of the day he spoke to that man appearing in front of his inner-eye.

 

“There is no deeper reason.” He softly said, looking at Mihyun – and right at the moment the lass also looked at him – and their eyes met. It seemed like the world was frozen for a moment. The moonlight only illuminated the two of them softly, just enough to see their features blurrily.

 

When Mihyun snapped back from the trance-like moment, she looked up the sky again. “Did it never bother you? At least a tiny little bit?” She asked, “I mean, being made younger, having to change the birthday. Doesn't it feel weird?”

 

Though she didn’t move her head, she glanced at Luhan from the corner of her eye. He seemed to bite back a smile. “Well, in the end age is just a number, isn’t it?” A small smirked played around his lips.

 

Mihyun nodded, a bit fascinated by that smirk of his, that looked so – well – y, before she mumbled, “Yeah... it is.”

 

“And names are just words.” Luhan murmured to himself.

 

With a start, she looked at Luhan again. “Wait a moment,” She murmured, her eyes round. “Did you also lie about your name?” She asked. Luhan almost chuckled at her cute shock, but he bit it back.

 

“Why? Would you not like me if my name is Hyunwoo or something?” He asked teasingly, but at this moment Mihyun couldn’t sense the teasing tone in his voice at all and immediately grew embarrassed.

 

“W-what? Err, of c-course not!” She stuttered, waving her hands dramatically.

 

“I lov– like you, because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter