Invitation

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mihyun heaved a big sigh, as she let herself plop onto her bed. She felt uneasy, or rather not happy at all. It was so unlike when she usually came back from the circus.

 

Usually Luhan would sent her off with that gentle smile of his, telling her to sleep well and leaving her with a wonderful, calming feeling around her heart. But that wasn’t the case today. After she had asked him about his age, he became oddly silent. He didn’t answer it, only looked her so... Mihyun couldn’t even describe how he looked at her. The look in his eyes was so weird, it seemed so empty, yet it felt like it was the first time Mihyun saw a bit through his eyes. The look in his eyes which she never seemed to get a look at. Like there had been something blocking it, and for a short moment she could see his eyes. But it didn’t help. She couldn’t pinpoint what she had seen at all.

 

And the rest of the night he stayed quiet. Didn’t smile at all, only a weird expression was on his face that seemed almost empty. But at the same time it seemed like Luhan was lost in deep thoughts. Even when he sent her off, he looked so distracted.

 

With an uneasy feeling Mihyun curled herself into a ball, and slowly fell asleep.

 

-

 

The whole school was talking about it. Her birthday fete. Of course they would, since even the royal family, or rather the princess was invited, and almost the whole school. Mihyun wasn’t popular at school, no, and she would never be, but she belonged to the richer ones, which was something no one could or would doubt.

 

And the moment her father sent out the invitations to all the students they had no choice but to go because of the common sense of this society. Aside from that, they all were dying to go, not only because of the above mentioned reason, but also because the youth of the upper class loved fetes, parties, events- no matter what the occasion was, as long as there was alcohol, people and a fancy atmosphere it was awesome.

 

And because of Mihyun's family status, it was going to be very fancy. Her father never threw any fete for her, and if he already did, then he'd surely brag about his money, just like any other rich person would.

 

For a short moment her thoughts about Luhan's weird behavior faded into the background, and the only thought occupying her mind became that stupid fete of hers.

 

Why? She wanted to stop it all. The parties. The invitations that were still sent around like there was no tomorrow. And the stupid gossiping about her, her family and her money. She hated the fact that it was her birthday, yet everyone wouldn’t even spare a single thought about her. The fete would have no meaning for her, since not even her father was doing this with the kind thought of celebrating the adulthood of his only daughter, but for some unknown reason that only hinted bad actions.

 

And the worst in her opinion: she was the center of attraction in this goddamn school. Mihyun hated the stares that glued on her back like mucus on snails. She hated how some people were trying to treat her 'nicely' because after all she was still the host and being 'friends' with the host was always good, at least that was common sense to this society's youth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter