The Reunion

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day Mihyun decided to talk to Luhan about Xinghan after school because the latter still hadn't come to school. And the two of them decided to visit Xinghan.

 

 

Mihyun squeezed Luhan's hand gently when they arrived at the mansion. The mansion Xinghan was currently residing in. “You're going to be alright.” She assured, giving him a squeeze again.

 

He nodded his head and reached out his hand to ring the bell. The same maid Mihyun encountered last time opened the door, and her eyes widened at Luhan's sight. But as she spotted Mihyun, her face fell.

 

Mihyun impalpably raised her eyebrow, but stayed silent. Yes, this maid truly didn’t like Mihyun; but she could care less. But there was one thing that bothered her: the maid's bright eyes when looking at Luhan – Mihyun didn’t like it at all.

 

It was like a sudden urge to tell the maid that Luhan was hers. And she snorted, before she plainly asked, “Can we speak to Xinghan?” At this point Mihyun didn’t even try to sound polite or nice anymore, and the bored yet authoritarian tone of her voice made the maid straighten up nervously.

 

“Uh,” The maid stuttered, looking from Luhan to Mihyun; vice verse.

 

“Now.” Mihyun affirmed. The maid looked at her, unsure what to do, and the nervousness was literally written in her face.

 

Luhan squeezed Mihyun's hand lightly. “You're scaring her.” He half whispered, half chuckled next to Mihyun's ear, and turned his face to the maid, giving her a small smile.

 

“We'd like to speak him, if that is alright.” He politely asked, and his friendly smile made the maid speechless. She would have blurted 'of course' right away, if not for her responsible maid-self.

 

Mihyun narrowed her eyes at the dreamy look in the maid's face. She cleared in an attempt to snap the maid back to reality, and it worked. The maid quickly glanced at Mihyun and looked back to Luhan.

 

“You may, Sir.” She softly said. Mihyun immediately walked forward, pulling Luhan with her.

 

“Why so fast?” The latter smiled at her. Mihyun threw a look back, “That maid doesn’t like me and I don’t like her. Equal dislike, so I wanted to get away.” Then she walked forward again, before turning around abruptly.

 

“And you shouldn’t smile at her so carelessly.” She mumbled, turning around again and her back facing him again.

 

“Why?” Luhan asked, fastening his pace to catch up with her. Mihyun sighed. Her man sure didn’t know what effect his smile had on the female species, did he?

 

“Didn't you see her face when you smiled at her? An immediate change. I'm only saving her from falling for you because you’re already taken.” She answered completely seriously.

 

“So you're jealous, huh?” A chuckle escaped Luhan's lips.

 

“No! It's for the maid's own well-being.” Mihyun answered, but tilted her head when the thought of jealousy reached her mind. Well, that wasn’t totally untrue. She cleared and murmured, “Whatever.”

 

Luhan chuckled again, and the two of them proceeded to walk to Xinghan's room. Mihyun still remembered the way from her last visit. The maid quietly followed the two of them and knocked the door before Mihyun could.

 

“Young master? You have visitors.” She said, and opened the door after Xinghan answered her.

 

Luhan gulped, not moving. Mihyun laid her hand on his back and gently pushed him. “It's going to be alright.” She whispered again, and the two of them stepped in Xinghan's room.

 

And then there was this weird feeling inside Mihyun. Positively weird, that is. She stepped aside and en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter