Birthday Fete II.

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a warm and comfortable hug. Mihyun smiled, her face laying on Luhan's shoulder, her hair tickling his lips. She wanted to stay like this forever if she could, but as she felt his arm around her retreating, she also let go. They parted from their hug, bringing some distance between them, and Mihyun secretly glanced over to Luhan. She wanted to see how his expression right now looked like.

 

Was he feeling as blissful as her? As warm?

 

Luckily the night was dark enough that Mihyun's blush couldn’t be noticed. But because of the same reason she couldn’t pinpoint Luhan's expression. The moonlight alone wasn't enough to detect if he was blushing or not.

 

The lass looked up to the sky. It was a fresh September night, the stars were bright and the moon lightened the balcony slightly. A comfortable silence fell over the two of them, and Mihyun decided to leave it this way. She didn’t know what to say anyway, especially after the hug. She closed her eyes, imagining that she was in Luhan's arms again. His embrace had felt so warm, and the lass smiled at the thought.

 

“You asked me how old I actually was.” Luhan suddenly said, and it took Mihyun a while to realize what he meant. Only then she remembered what she came for. She had wanted to apologize.

 

“Yes, and I'm sorry about what happened. If you're uncomfortable with it, just forget-”

 

“I'm twenty-one.” Luhan suddenly interrupted her. Mihyun's lips parted slightly and she turned to him.

 

“You were right. I am older.” The lad said slowly. “You said that my eyes looked wiser. I’ve never heard something like that.” He leaned closer to her, and smiled charmingly, “Mind to explain?”

His sudden curiosity made Mihyun smile, but she bit it back.

 

 

“I'm not sure how to explain it.” She slowly started to say, taking a deep breath. “You eyes... they possess something children don’t have. Do you know what I mean?” She leaned back, turning her head to look in his eyes. And immediately, she got lost in his beautiful eyes. Once again. Those eyes she couldn’t seem to understand. The mystery she yet had to solve.

 

“Eyes reflect a person's soul. I think it's easy to see through people once you look straight in their eyes,” Mihyun stepped closer to Luhan, and stood on her toes to get a better view of his eyes. 

 

“But up until now, I’ve never been able to look through yours.” She breathed out, locking her eyes with his. The latter leaned forward, shortening the distance between them. “Why?” It wasn’t louder than a whisper, yet the clearest sound in this silent night.

 

“You have a good – how should I call it – um, wall.” She softly said, not tip-toeing anymore. “Children's eyes don’t have walls. They are really like the windows to their souls,” she smiled, looking at the bright stars of the night.

 

“But the older a person is, the better the wall is, the better that person can hide things.” With the last sentence she turned to Luhan again, and gave him a soft smile. The latter seemed so focused in what she said.

 

He stepped back a bit.

 

Crack.

 

Luhan could feel another small part of his wall crumble. And he couldn’t do anything, but watch the brick fall down. Still lost in his thoughts, Luhan nodded. As Mihyun called him, her voice made him snap back to reality, and his attention snapped back to Mihyun.

 

His gaze slowly wandered from her feet to her face. The dress she was wearing was pastel-pink-coloured, and Luhan noticed that the colour really flattered her.

 

When did Mihyun become so beautiful? He thought, gazing at the girl in front of him. He still remembered asking himself what was so great about the heiress. Still remembered not caring about the way she looked at all ...

 

And now he couldn’t take his eyes off her? Yes, he really couldn’t. She wasn’t only pretty to him, but beautiful. She became beautiful in his eyes after he got to know her. Mihyun was much more than he ever expected her to be.

 

How could he have ever thought that she was a spoiled, rich and cold-hearted heiress who thought that she was better than everyone else? The Mihyun he got to know had a very big heart. She was sweet and she possessed that kind of innocence that reminded him very much of... Nah, he shook off the thought.

 

He shifted his gaze from Mihyun and looked at the sky. It wasn’t only her kindness that made him feel attracted. There was something about this girl – he couldn’t describe it. The way her eyes looked at things reminded him of himself when he was younger. It was a different way to see the world.

 

“Don't you think it's unfair?” Mihyun's question surprised him, just as alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter