Little Scouting Expedition

Heart of Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Do you think I can just go to the basement with you?" Mihyun asked, tapping Luhan's shoulder. The two of them were standing in front of the circus' entrance.

"Why do you ask me? This is your circus, isn't it?" Luhan chuckled, which made Mihyun wrinkle her nose. "Yeah."

Of course she knew that it was her circus, but today she came without maids, bodyguards, nor with the special order of her father. Furthermore she had never been in the basement, which made her feel quite unsure. In addition, she was extremely nervous because she would meet all the members now.

Luckily her face didn't show any nervousness and the girl took a deep breath before stepping into the building.

Luhan had left her because he would enter into the circus through a backdoor, since he had disappeared without any approval from the staff and guards.

The circus director approached Mihyun, clearly confused at her arrival.

"Mistress, may I ask what you are doing here?" His raspy voice asked.

Mihyun cleared , hoping that her voice would sound confident and authoritive.

"Am I not allowed to visit my own circus?” She asked back, trying to imitate the snootiness her father's voice always, and to her own surprise she managed to do it perfectly.

 

The director coughed, now feeling uneasy for asking the heiress such a question, “O-Of course you are allowed. I'm sorry, please go on.” He gestured her to come in and bowed as she walked past him. Mihyun nodded, still acting snobby because she feared that her father's people wouldn’t listen to her if she was nice to them, hence she decided just to imitate her father's behaviour.

 

Feeling relieved and now more calm, she walked to the door that lead to the basement. As some staff member stopped her and asked what she was doing, she lied to them, telling them that her father had asked for her to look after the circus while she was away. The staff member believed her immediately and retreated.

 

Mihyun mentally celebrated how smooth everything went, but her face remained expressionless. She opened the basement's door and walked down the stairs. Mihyun entered a huge corridor with many doors to its right. Scanning the whole corridor with the curious eyes of hers, she continued her way, walking past the preparation rooms. 

 

After walking a while, she noticed a big door to her left, the only door on the left side of the corridor. She concluded that this door wasn’t just just a door of a preparation room and being the curious girl she was, she couldn’t help but open the big door. The lass peeked into the room, hoping not to meet any staff member or guards. The coast was clear and she sighed, full of relief, now looking around the room.

 

It was a small round room only with two chairs, a small table and a ladder in the middle of the room. She went to the ladder and noticed a small and square door at the ceiling. As much as she wanted to climb up the ladder and open the door, she decided not to do it because it could cause too much noise, and she didn’t want anyone to come. She quickly left the small room and entered the section of the corridor where normal rooms were. The heiress stopped as she wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter