Stepbrother

Say "I Love You!" : The Sequel
Please log in to read the full chapter

(A/N: I'm not really confident about this chapter but I hope you will like this one~ ^^ Thank you for those who susbcribed and commented~ ^^ Enjoy~~~ <3)

 

Chapter 4: Stepbrother

 

There's was no doubt, Kai's sudden appearance made tension to the both of them. L. Joe grew instantly furious with him holding her hand. He pried Kai’s hand on So Eun and stood between them. He tightened his hold to So Eun’s hand doesn’t want to let go of it. “L. .Joe,” she whispered as she pulled his arm down.

Kai is emotionlessly looking at L. Joe, the same as him L. Joe is actually penetrating his soul inside. Even though Kai is taller, he's not that towering him at all. He smirked. “Please don’t disturb our date.”

Kai swallowed. *Is he her boyfriend?* He looked at So Eun then back to him. “We need to go home.” He said with a monotone voice.

“Why? Did something happen?” she asked, quite worried because of the sound of his voice.

Kai met So Eun’s eyes, ignoring L. Joe. “Let’s go.”

So Eun saw how serious his eyes were and got a little scared by it. She hugged L. Joe’s arm to snap him from glaring at him. “L. Joe I think I need to go. I promise to make it up to you.” She pleaded but L. Joe was really hurt by this. He looked into her eyes and softened easily.

He closed his eyes as he sighed. He cupped her cheek with one hand and planted a sweet and tender kiss on her forehead. “I’m really hurt by you cancelling our date and choosing me over your stepbrother. I can walk you home instead” He honestly said.

She was more hurt by his statement and can't stand looking into his sad eyes. “I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” She gave him an assured smile. She tiptoed and kissed his cheek. “I’ll call you later.” She took the plastic from L. Joe’s hand. A bit hesitant to leave him there, she looked back at him once before going, “Promise!” she mouthed.

L. Joe cupped his hands around his mouth. “You owe me big time, ert ahjumma!” he yelled. He meekly smiled and this hurt So Eun so bad. She knows that he’s not happy. He clenched a tight fist. “That Kai is one huge block. I hate him for taking So Eun away from me.”

 So Eun tries to catch up with Kai’s fast pace. “What happened? Is it an emergency?” she asked, really worried by now.

“You have the frozen foods. That’s why you need to go home early.” He replied.

So Eun’s jaw dropped and looked at the bag she’s carrying. *He’s right.* “You followed me all the way here just to tell that? You should’ve texted me.” She lowered her head, feeling bad about leaving L. Joe behind.

“I don’t have your number.” He nonchalantly said.

“You’re right.”

It’s really quiet. The bus ride home is really awkward, So Eun can’t help but to think of L. Joe all the time. The expression L. Joe left weakens her so much. Kai turned his head to her and saw her troubled face. The bus hit the breaks all of the sudden and So Eun loose a grip on the pole she’s holding at. “Omo,”

Kai instantly caught her waist and pulled her so close to him. His arm is protectively surrounding her while her hands were on his chest.

“Hey! Be careful!” A random passenger yelled.

“Sorry!” The driver apologized.

Kai swallowed hard as he looked down at So Eun and met her lovely eyes. He was mezmerized by those deep double eyelids, long lashes and hazel brown eyes. Feeling it again, his heart skipped a beat one more time. Since she came, he keeps feeling that towards her.

“Are you and your girlfriend alright?” The lady asked them.

Kai flinched with the question by the woman sitting beside them. He shook his head a little. So Eun pushed herself away from him. “Oh

Please log in to read the full chapter