Anniversary

Say "I Love You!" : The Sequel
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 19: Anniversary

 

So Eun stopped by inside a jewellery shop first. She walked slowly peering by the glass choosing a gift for him, “For sure, not earrings.” She shook her head remembering L. Joe wearing piercings and suddenly, she stopped by the rings section. “Excuse me, can I see this?” she asked the lady.

The lady gladly entertained her request. She took out the ring she chose and showed it to her. slightly opened. It’s really simple yet it’s like calling her and she has this feeling that she should buy this for him.

“Is this for a guy?” she asked.

The lady nodded her head. “Is it for your boyfriend?” she smiled.

So Eun sheepishly nodded her head. “How much it is?” she asked, hoping that the money she saved was enough for her to buy that ring.

“Don’t worry, ma’am. It’s not that expensive and we’re on sale.” Then she told her the price.

She sighed in relief. “I’ll get it then.”

Running, she went to their meeting place at a plaza. She looked around not seeing him yet. She checked her watch and smiled. “At last, I came before him.” She sat down the marble chair and waited for him to arrive.

It’s been 30 minutes now. Still, L. Joe is not yet there. Even a text or call from him. So Eun sighed and checked her watch again.

A little boy walked to her, “ert Ahjumma.” He handed her a rose. So Eun already knows who it’s from now. She smiled and thanked the little boy that she’s sure L. Joe tricked again. The little boy told her to lean down and there’s balloon tied around his wrist.

And when she did, “Noona, just look straight alright?”

She looked up and saw the plaza is now empty. The little boy ran in the middle and showed a placard written the letter big ‘H’. Suddenly kids piled and went into to straight line. And showed placards and formed, ‘HAPPY ANNIVERSARY’

So Eun with round eyes just stared at the children and then, L. Joe appeared a little embarrass bringing bouquet of red roses. He lined up with the kids and raised his own placard written, ‘MY ANGEL.’

So Eun smiled and tightly held her bag. She suddenly felt shy about her gift for him. L. Joe approached her and kids started running away already. He can’t look into her eyes because he’s a little shy. He hand her the

Please log in to read the full chapter