The Past Revealed IV: The Departure

The Hidden Love

 For the past few days, Jiyong spent more time with her, together with YB. They grew closer to each other. He thought he knew her already but he found out so many things from her. She's predictable at times but most of the time, she's unpredictable, he also learned that she got a wild side, but in a good, crazy and funny way. He knows she's crazy, but he found out that she can be extremely crazy.

And for the past few days, he's been teasing her with In or Out. He always sing the two lines from the chorus: "in or out, am I in or out?"
He enjoys watching her reaction everytime he teases her. The blush, the embarrassment, the pouting lips, the smile, the laugh, the cuteness. Her reactions changes everytime he teases her, but he enjoyed watching her face, she never fails the amaze him with her unexpected reactions. But he was asking her in a way. Everytime he sings in or out, at the back of his mind, he was asking her if he's "in or out" in her heart. But of course, she doesn't know that. She only thinks that he's teasing her.

"What does the song mean, anyway?" he asked one day. They were sitting in a corner of the studio. He was just teasing her a while ago. She told him the meaning of the song.

He was shocked when he heard the meaning of the last line. He laughed sarcastically 'Coincidence?' he asked himself.

"Ya! What's so funny?" YB asked.

'This is unbelievable' he thought. "Nothing, I just rememberd something funny" he answered, then he looked at Sandara.

"Hmmmmmm. I think I like the last line, you know, when the girl is asking the boy if she's in or out in his heart"

But in his case, it's the other way around. It's not the girl asking, but him. Oh, how he wish the girl would someday ask him that,too. But it's impossible, of course. With her being in a relationship.

"You always remember something" she mumbled.

He smirked. "It's because I have a good memory, unlike you" he teased.

"Kyaa!"

They continued being like that for the rest of the day. Jiyong knew his time with her were getting slimmer. He gives hints, of course, like him singing In or Out but she don't notice any of it of course, with a crazy mind like hers.

The night before she leaves and return to the Philippines came. They've been exchanging messages through the phone.

GD: Do you really have to leave?
Dara: Yes. I told you, I need to work. And besides, I missed my Filipino friends already
GD: And of course, that special someone of yours
Dara: kekeke.. That's part of the reason, of course.

"That hurts" he whispered to himself. "That really hurts, this girl is so insensitive", he kept mumbling to himself, shaking his head.

Then his phone beeped.

Dara: I'm gonna miss you,too. All of you

'Ugh! Why does she have to include everyone? For once, can't it only be me?' he thought.

He replied, 'we'll miss you,too'
Dara: I know. kkkkk. So, are you going to send me off tomorrow?
GD: Sorry, I can't. Have a happy and safe trip, though

Yes he can't send her off. He doesn't want her to go. Watching her back would be painful, just like the time when he watched her go, seeing only her back. He's scared. He's scared to send her off. But he's also afraid of stopping her.

"Coward" he whispered.

Dara: Oh. I hope you can come and send me off,though. That would be thoughtful

"Ugh" he exclaimed. Knowing she's leaving was already gut-wrenching, watching her leave would be too much, and yet she's asking him to send her off.

Dara: I'll be waiting for you, okay? You should come

He didn't reply.

The next day. . .

Dara was already at the airport with her family. She was somewhat excited and scared and sad.

She sent him a message: 'Ya! Where r u?'

After a few minutes, NO REPLY.

She frowned.

She sent him another message: 'aren't you going to send me off?'

She waited. There's still no reply.

Dara: Ya! Did something happen to you?

He replied: 'I'm not coming. Have a safe trip'
Dara: But why?

NO REPLY

"Ya! We should go" her mom called.

"Annyeong" she whispered to herself.

Not too far from where she was standing, a guy was hiding in disguise. He watched her turned away, her back to him. He followed her physique until it disappeared. He was rooted to the spot, quite unable to move. Then, he whispered, "annyeong"

-END OF FLASHBACK-

-PRESENT-

That was the most he can remember. The following months came 
like a blur. He hardly remembered what happened after the incident in the airport. He continued with their activities, of course, but he felt empty in a way. And now, it's like history is repeating itself. She, returning to the Philippines. The difference is, now he's assured that she will return. That it's just a vacation. The thought of her returning, somewhat brought another wave of memories.