Confusion

The Hidden Love

 'Make the most of it' he thought.

The people started to get rowdy when the music started to play in the background. At first, there were only few people dancing while the others were clapping and laughing. The center of attention was TOP who was making weird dance steps. Then slowly, everybody else joined the fun, well except for two people.

He wanted to join the others and have fun but his hand seemed like it has its own mind, because he can't let go. It's as if his hand were locked to hers.

He tried to speak, but he can't seemed to find his voice.

Then, SeungRi called him.

"Ya! Hyung!"

He just smiled and nodded. Then, TOP went to him and pulled him up.

"Don't be so lazy, come and join us"

As TOP pulled him up, he felt Dara letting go of his hand. TOP was dragging him in the middle. But he stopped him and went back to Dara.

"C'mon" he invited. She shook her head.

"Aisshh.. Don't be so stubborn, everybody's having fun there" He grabbed her arm and pulled her in the middle. Later on, everybody was dancing. He saw Dara went to the other 2NE1 members. He followed unobviously, dancing while following her. But he kept a little distance. Then, the song started to change. It became slow and mellow. The others jeered and whoop, teasing each other. He looked at Dara who stopped dancing and just stood there, looking at him, too.

He smiled.

Then, he saw TOP pushed YB towards Dara. YB scratched his head, as if hesitating.

"Noona, dance with YB" someone said. YB shook his head, but Dara smiled at him and offered her hand. YB looked at her, still hesitating. But after a while, he accepted. The others found partners for themselves while the others were group dancing with the slow song.

He stood there, not sure what to do. 'Should I give YB this moment or should I take her?' he asked himself. He was in that thought when he heard someone called him.

"Ya! Jiyong Oppa!"

He looked, it was CL. "Come, dance with me"

He smiled at her and accepted her offer.

They danced across the floor, they were swirling around it and as they passed by YB and Dara, he tried catching her eyes, but he failed. She was too engross talking to YB. He looked away and stared at the ceiling for a moment, blinking, to stop something from flowing.

She was happily chatting with YB when she remembered something.

"Ya! YB, you're a guy right? Can-"

He chuckled. "Of course I am"

She smiled. "Can you tell me something? I don't really know how guys' minds work sometimes"

"What is it?" YB asked.

"What does a guy mean when he says to a girl: you have to be a part of my future to learn everything about my past?"

YB was silent for a while, thinking. She was getting a little impatient.

"Well," he said slowly. "I'm not really sure. But if you ask my opnion, I'd say it has two meanings. First, the guy could be seeking assurance from the girl that she will never left him or he was actually prosposing" he paused then chuckled. "The second would be-" he stopped and looked at her, a confused look on his face.

"And?" she urged.

"Second, it could be his way of saying goodbye" he said quietly.

She was silent for a moment, contemplating what he said. 'But that's impossible' she thought.

Then she sniggered. "That was a weird conclusion" she . He laughed.

And so, they talked. She really finds it relieving talking to him. But eventhough she looks too engross talking to him, 'they' didn't escape her eyes as they passed by them.

YB frowned as he saw Dara's distracted expression. She was smiling a while ago, but she looked a little distracted and there's a far away look in her eyes. He looked around and saw GD dancing with CL.

'Oh, I get it' YB thought.

He stopped swaying and removed Dara's hands from his shoulders. She gave him a questioning look but he just smiled at her, and lead her across the floor, towards GD and CL.

"Ya! Can you dance with noona?" he smiled at GD. "I've really been wanting to dance with 2NE1's leader"

They exchanged partners. YB started dancing with CL. He stole a glance at the two. He secretly chuckled as he saw the two hesitating, standing there looking like two lost people trapped in a jungle. But then, he saw Dara smiled at GD.

'Ah, I can never make her smile like that when she's with me' YB thought. 'Go get him' he whispered.

"Eh?" CL asked, confused.

When GD saw her smiling at him, he smiled, too. "Looks like I've got no choice but to dance with you. Be gentle to my feet, will you? Don't step on it. It's really precious" he smiled, teasing her.

She pouted. "I really am tired, I should sit down" she said, starting to walk away from him. He stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"I think I can bear with it for the meantime" he said and started swaying.

He looked at her eyes. An unease feeling started to creep in his stomach.

"I love the color of your eyes" he whispered.

She chuckled. "My eye color is common. What's to like about it?"

"Why don't you just thank me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Thank you, then. You and YB are really weird today" She shook her head.

As expected, the party ended a bit late.

The others started to leave and said their goodbyes.

"It's still early, we can still stay" GD complained.

"You of all people should go home already, you need to rest" Teddy said.

"Fine" he muttered, and mumble something which sounded "spoilsport"

 

---------->

He was once again at the workshop. Teddy was already there. Sometimes, he really wonders if Teddy ever leave that studio and go home, he seemed like living in the studio already.

"You're always early. Did you sleep here last night?" he asked, laughing.

Teddy chuckled.

"What are you working on right now?" GD asked.

"The same, as usual" Teddy answered. "I've been contacting Taeyang, but I can't reach him"

"Why? Do you need something from him?"

"I just want to ask him if he still wants to feature Dara in his album" he chuckled, "That girl's really gaining quite a lot of attention. Even TOP is interested in featuring her, too"

He frowned.

"Dara didn't mention that" he said.

"Oh, Dara doesn't know. Even the President doesn't know about it yet. Taeyang just mentioned it in passing, asking me if it's possible. Of course I said it is, but he have to talk to the boss first. Since she already did a song with you. It can create a talk if she will be featured again in another Bigbang member's album, so I told him to ask the president first"

He's really getting more confused every minute.

------------->

He wasn't able to practice with Dara these past few days, since she was busy practicing and training for some events. But he visits them everytime he got time.

He was thinking of other things to do or give her on her birhday. He felt that giving her the two wishes was somewhat not enough. He was still waiting for the President's answer, so, he have to think of back-up plans. But he got a feeling that the answer would be a "yes". Still, there's no harm of thinking more to give to her.

He also never got the chance to see YB again, so he decided to pay him a visit, after thinking over and over and over if he should really do that. But, he knew its the right thing. He should not let anything bulid walls between him and YB. And besides, YB already did a lot for him already.

As he entered YB's dorm, they talked of various things. He felt relax.

'She's right. He can really make someone relax' he thought.

As he looked at YB, who was smiling and telling him some stories back then, he was caught in his own thoughts once again.

"Have you seen Dara lately?" he asked.

"Nope, not really. She's really busy right now. with all the practicing and training"

"Why don't you visit them sometimes in the studio?" he asked.

YB looked at him with an undescribable facial expression.

"I bet Dara would like to see you,too. Because it's been quite a while, right?" GD tried again.

"Nah. I don't really think that's necessary"

"But why?" GD asked. "C'mon, let's visit them sometimes"

YB didn't answer. He's really confused with GD's actions lately. He knew it was HIM who said the "you have to be part of my future before you learn everything about my past" thing. As soon as he realized all by himself that it was GD who said that, he got really confused. He was hoping that GD was trying to imply the first meaning he came up with, but from his actions right now, he can't help but think that he was actually trying to say goodbye to her.

He frowned at GD. If that's the case, then he would stop him from doing it. He knew Dara would not take that easily. And aside from hurting Dara, he knows it will also pain GD. And he can't bear to see two of the most important people in his life in pain. . .

"Are you planning anything for her birthday?" YB asked.

GD was silent for a while. "Aisshh.. It would be a waste of time. And besides, its still a few months away. A simple gift will do"

"You're not really a good liar, you know" YB sniggered.

"Eh? What?"

"Nothing"

"I heard you said something, I just didn't catch it"

"You should clean your ears frequently then"

"Ya!"