The Confrontation

The Hidden Love

GD decided to drop by the President's office first before going to Jina. He sees Mr. YG as his second father, though there were a lot of times that he disobeyed him, his respect for the boss is still there. And in part of that is to bring te news to him that he is now in relationship. As he entered his office, the older man looked surprise upon seeing him.

 

Jiyong-ah, what are you doing here?”

 

GD took a seat first before answering. “I just came to bring a news”

 

Oh. What news?”

 

About me and Jina”

 

What about her?”

 

We're officially together” he answered quietly. If it was a normal day, GD could have laughed at the look on the boss' face.

Don't worry, I don't have a plan of going on public yet” he added.

 

The President seemed speechless. But when he finally found his voice, he uttered the name that GD doesn't really want to hear right now. But he should have known that her name would come up eventually.

 

Is this a joke, Jiyong-ah? If Sandara-”

 

Being involve with Dara noona was a mistake”

 

What's the meaning of this?” the President asked. “You were willing to sacrifice everything for her and now you're telling me that it was just a mistake? And you're choosing the other one over her?”

I realized I was wrong. And before it's too late, I want to correct it” he coolly answered. “I've mistaken fondness with love”

You were wrong?”

Yes, I was. It's not my fault if she expected too much from me”

I can't believe any word you're saying. This is not you. Something must've happened. Tell me. We can sort this out”

There's nothing to be sort out because there's nothing wrong”

What about Sandara?”

GD was quiet for a while. “I already talked to her” he slowly started. “And to be honest, I didn't expect her reaction to be like that. So, I guess she did have a little affection towards me after all. But she'll cope up. She's a tough girl anyways. And besides, Taeyang will be there to pick her up”

GD chuckled at the President's shocked face. “Oh, yes. I'm aware of Taeyang's feelings for her”

In that case, you know very well that Youngbae won't take this easily, don't you?”

Yeah, I expect that to happen. Knowing him, instead of getting happy now that I'm no longer in the way, he'll get angry at first. But I'm pretty sure that he'll understand eventually, especially after I explain everything to him”

The President shook his head in disbelief. “Jiyong, I've seen how you look at Dara and Jina now. You can't expect me believe this right away”

I've already made my decision after I realized my true feelings for Jina and finding out that I was only fond of Dara noona”

----->

YB's dorm. . .


 

He settled her down on his bed. Her eyes were blank while tears kept on falling down silently. He'd rather hear her cry out loud right now than see her as lifeless like this.

After an hour or so down the hallway, he decided to carry her home. He called the girls and told them not to worry about Dara because they're just going to have a little chat. But he didn't mention what happened because he doesn't know it either. E didn't dare ask her because he was afraid she'd break down. When he noticed a while ago the fear in Dara's eyes after GD left the recording studio, he knew something was wrong. And when she didn't return at once, he decided to look for her. And he found her on the floor, kneeling, crying.


 

He covered her fragile body with his blanket. His whole body felt broken seeing her so fragile like this. He saw her eyes closed, so he took on the conclusion that she wants to sleep. He doesn't really want to leave her right now but he badly needs to talk to GD because based from what she was mumbling a while ago, he knew GD was involved. Who else could she be mentioning when she said “I love him”? He headed for the door.

Youngbae?” she called. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face her. His breath swoosh out off him as he saw the look in her eyes. It looked so. . . lifeless. Freakingly lifeless. It was like he's looking straight into his own coffin.

Are you going to leave me,too?” she asked in a hushed voice.


 

That voice. He used to love hearing that voice so much. But right now, he was hating it. The way it sounded boils his blood up.


 

Please don't leave me, Youngbae. Not you too, please”


 

I won't he answered as he sat in the bed near her head. He saw a little smile curved her pale, trembling lips.


 

Thank you” she whispered, then added, “I feel cold. Aren't you cold?”


 

YB looked at her and almost cried seeing her face. It was a mistake looking into her eyes again. What he sees in there is far worst than death itself. He sighed then kicked his shoes off. Without saying anything or asking her, he laid down beside her and pulled her close to his body, his arm around her. He gently patted her shoulder as she cuddled in his chest.

Youngbae?”

Hmm?” he murmured.

I'm scared”

Of what?” he asked quietly.

Of being left alone. I don't want to be alone”

Everyone's scared of being alone. And besides, you won't be alone. You've got a lot of friends around you”

What if they get tired of me and leave me behind, too?”


 

YB closed his eyes tight for a moment, trying to stop his tears. He breathe in deeply and opened his eyes again. “The girls would never leave you”

What about you?” she asked.

I'll only leave if you ask me to”

I would never do that!” she said, heating up.

He can't help but smile. Not because of what she said, but because her voice didn't sound as dead a while ago. “I'm happy to hear that” he answered.


 

YB stayed. Silently watching and hearing her cry herself to sleep. Her sobs became her own lullaby. He wiped the traces of tears off her face. When he was sure that she was fastly asleep, he slowly removed his arm around her and quietly went out of the room. He desperately needs to talk to GD right now.


 


 

He pressed the buzzer of GD's dorm and was greeted by his mother telling him that her son's not at home. 'Where could he be?' he asked himself as he walked back to his dorm. Then he suddenly stopped as he remembered another person. The possibility that this is the President''s doing boiled his blood up again. His feet suddenly changed direction as he tried not to think of the things he might do.


 

YB stormed in on the President's office. He saw the boss sitting comfortably in his chair. He never felt this kind of anger before, so he was trying to control it. And it's not helping that the boss seemed to be expecting his arrival.

I trusted you!” he shouted. “What more evidence do you need? I'll give you one! Have you seen her eyes? THEY'RE DEAD, hyung! DEAD! Isn't that enough proof for you? Isn't that proof enough that she loves him? That her feelings for me died a long time ago already?” he cried out. “You said you won't interfere anymore and just let the dice fall. You said you won't do anything that would break the two of them. You said you were going to give them your permission with a condition of waiting for three years!”

YB was now pacing back and forth in the office, still trying to calm down his nerves. “What made you change your mind? Why did you change your mind now all of a sudden?”

It was Jiyong's decision” the President calmly said. Yb stopped in his tracks and looked the man disbelievingly.

J-jiyong's decision?!? How. . .? It's. . .That''s impossible!” Yb was now hyperventilating. “He would never do that”

Believe me or not, I tried to convince him to think it over because I didn't believe him at first myself. But he looked. . .serious and firm with Jina. I think we should just respect his decision”

Jina? How was she invol-?” Yb stopped, eyes growing wide as the truth dawned on him. “H-he chose that girl over noona?”

Seeing the confirmation in Mr. YG's face, he weakly feel to the chair in front of the table. “I didn't see this coming I thought he was just being a gentleman to her that's why he can't make her leave. I should have known. I should have seen this. I could have-”

Youngbae, “the boss cut him off gently. “Even if you see this coming, you can't save Dara from hurting. Don't blame yourself. And don't blame GD”

YB shook his head in denial. “I need to talk to Jiyong”

------>

Taeyang come in” GD smiled at YB. “It's late. What brings you here?”

YB clenched and unclenched his fists, trying to control his temper. “Why? Why did you do that?” he asked aggressively.

GD laughed. “Oh, so she run to you, huh? Did she tell you everything that happened between us? I guess sooner or later the girls will be here too. She's probably telling them what-”

She's sleeping in my dorm right now. She didn't tell me anything. Do you think she can bear to relive the events when she's in that kind of condition? Oh, I remembered, you haven't seen her yet. So you don't know how she's doing right now-”

Taeyang, why don't you take a seat, first?”

No, I'd rather keep our distance like this”

GD chuckled. “Wow,! You're really into her, huh? I've never seen you get mad like this before especially to me”

GD saw the shocked look on his friend's face. “Oh, I know about your feelings for Dara noona. And don't worry, I don't really mind. Nothing will change between us”

And since when did you start calling her noona? You're making a big mistake with this Jiyong”

Is falling in love a mistake, Youngbae?”

YB didn't answer.

I don't believe you still love Jina”

GD laughed. “How'd you know about my feelings, eh? Can you hear what my heart is saying now? If you do, then, you won't be saying those thing to me. And besides, your way to her is now free, shouldn't you be happy?”

YB breathes in deeply. “I'm asking you for the last time. Is this your final decision? Is this really your choice?” his bestfriend asked.

Yes” he answered. “I am sure, there's no mistaking thatit's J-ah”

Are you sure you made the right choice?”

Yes”

I hope so. And I hope you won't regret this. I already gave way but you just threw it away. You can never get her back from me this time. I'll never give her that easily anymore”

He laughed maniacally. “Ah, Taeyang, you've become a joker! Can you hear yourself? You're talking as if you own her already. She's not even yours in the first place” GD joked back.

She will be”