Rap Tutorial

The Hidden Love

It's his second performance in Inkigayo today. He was at ease in a way. 2NE1's also going to perform Pretty Boy on stage. He was being styled at the moment. At the mirror, he saw Dara sneakily taking his Heartbreaker shirt. He smirked. 'I wonder what she's going to do with it?' he asked himself. Then, he saw that she put it on top of her, not really wearing it and took a picture of herself.

'Ah, for SNS' he thought. It would have been better if she wore it, since he's going to wear it later on.

He was set to perform first before 2NE1. As he got out of the room, he stole a glance at Dara and he was glad to find out that she was looking at him too, with a smile on her face. He took a deep breath and went on stage.

Then, it was 2NE1's turn, it wasn't one of their best performance, but they delivered well enough.

When it's time for the countdown and announcement of the winner, they all went on stage and to his surprise, he won #1. He heard 2NE1 was cheering for him behind and as he looked at them, he was happy to see the expression on their faces. It's as if they've won themselves, especially Dara who was all ears smiling. He wanted to hug her but she was standing behind CL, and of course, he can't do that in public. When they were about to leave the stage for his Encore performance, he suddenly remembered Dara's wish to perform on the same stage with him. So, he asked them to stay with him on the stage and besides, he wants to share his victory to her. He can't stop himself from looking at her, she looked so happy that he can't help but feel elated,too.

After the show. . .

"Congratulations, oppa!" Minzy said and bowed to him. CL and Bom did the same, cheering him. Everyone else in the backstage greeted ad congratulated him. He was of course overwhelmed and grateful, but he's actually waiting for a particular someone to greet him; he wants to share his victory with that someone.

While everyone else were busy fixing things and themselves, Dara approached him.

"Ji" she called.
"Hmmmmm?"
"You're sweating, here I will let you borrow my shirt for the mean time" she said and gave him a neatly folded white shirt. As he unfolded it, he found out that it was actually HIS Heartbreaker shirt.

"But this is mine"
"I know" she rolled her eyes and laughed.

He shook his head. "You're really getting worse" he muttered. She just chuckled and stood there like a statue.

"Are you going to say something else?" he asked as he removed his costume and wore the shirt.

"Well, I-"

"Yo, GD!" Sean called. GD looked at him. "My son wants to take a picture with you, is that alright?"

"Of course" he said with a smile.

He turned around. "Dara-" he started but found out that she was no longer there. 'Where did she go?' he asked himself. He was about to look for her when Sean's son came. So, he striked a pose in front of the camera.

He then saw her hanging out with the girls in the corner. He keyed in a message: 'we're not finish talking yet. Y did u leave?'

He looked at Dara's reaction as she read the message on her phone. After reading it, she looked at him, a curious expression on her face. He saw her typed a message on the phone.

Dara: It's nothing. Just want 2 congratulate u, that's all. Congratulations. U did very well, like u always do

-------------->

He was laughing so hard it felt like he got the worst stomach ache of all time and it felt like his jaw was going to be dropped on the floor at any moment He kept on slipping from the couch from too much laughing and he was banging his hand on the floor.

"You really do " he gasped in between his laughters. Then he turned to Youngbae and said, "I don't really blame you, YB. It's not your fault if she TOTALLY at it." He can't help himself from laughing.

"Noona's really working hard on it, give her a break" YB said, frowning. YB was obviously worried about Dara's reaction.

GD was so busy laughing that he didn't see the dangerous glare Dara's giving him and he earned a pretty good smacking wack in the head and she didn't give him just one smack but a LOT. He did earn it.

"Ya! Ya! Stop!"

But she didn't stop. He used all his strength to grab a hold of her flailing arms, which he did successfully since she was so thin. She was struggling so hard from his grasp that he didn't have any choice but to hug her struggling body to stop her from beating him up. She hit his head againe, this time, it was too hard that he didn't have a choice but to let her go and soothe his aching head. She stood up angrily.

"If you find my rapping too funny, I won't force you to teach me anymore" she said irritatedly, then turned to YB. "YB, why did you give me to this kind of teacher? You were a way better than him" she asked.

"He's better than me when it comes to rapping. But I don't mind if you really want me to teach you again." YB answered.

GD, who was still clutching his head, grabbed Dara's hand and pulled her to the couch beside him. "No, I'll teach you"

Then, YB's phone rang. "Hello?" he paused, "Oh, why? Yes, wait" He excused himself from them

"Can you do that again?" GD asked, still laughing. He did have a great laugh when Dara rapped with choreography, it looked so stupidly funnu that he can't help himself from laughing.

She looked at him deadly. "Are you making fun of me?"

"I'm sorry. I can't help myself. You should have seen your eyes"

It took a liitle while for GD to control his laughter. He then proceeded to giving points and teaching Dara more about rapping. And everytime she tries to rap a line, he starts laughing again.

"Ya! I'm trying to learn here! I shouldn't have asked you if you'll just keep on laughing. How will I learn? Aiissshhh"

"I really can't help myself. Try changing your expression, will you? You really looked funny"

Just then, YB entered. "I got to go somewhere. I'll be back later"

"You're leaving me with him?" Dara exclaimed exasperatedly.

"Ya, Jiyong, be kind to noona" YB said chuckling. "Bye! See you later"

"But-" Dara tried to protest but he was gone already.

GD sniggered. "Are you afraid of being alone with me?"

"No. I was expecting YB to stay and just let him teach me since you're too busy looking and laughing at my expression and my lame attempts in rapping. You're having too much fun already" She shook her head and mumbled, "how unproffesional"

"You really look like an apple when you're blushing" he muttered.

"Eh?"

"Nothing. C'mon, let's be serious about this"

"I'm being serious for a century here. You're the one who's being childish. Aisshh. I sometimes regret why of all people you became my senior. Aisshhhh.."

He chuckled. "I feel the same"

For the next hours, he tried his very best not to laugh and appear serious, but there were times thst he just can't control it and he always earn a good smacking in the head.

Dara was having fun watchim laugh and enjoying himself even if it's at her expense. But another thought came to her mind and she smiled naughtily.

After a while, she can see that he's patience is slowly wearing out and that he's becoming frustrated every minute. 'He must think I'm a slow learner. Look at his face, he's so irritated' Dara thought to herself and a smug smile appeared on her face.

GD's phone rang, he answered it.

"So, how was it? She's a fast learner, isn't she?" YB asked on the other line.

"What are you talking about? We've been here for hours and we're still stuck at the first stanza"

"Huh?" YB asked blankly, then continued, "that's odd" he whispered.

"Well, sorry to say but-" he stopped then looked at Dara who was concentrating so hard looking at the lyrics but her eyes were not moving

"When you were teaching her, how long does it usually takes her to pick up?"

"Well, not as long as she's doing right now. Is she feeling okay? Maybe she's not okay. Have-"

"No, she's okay. More than fine, actually" GD interrupted, he looked at Dara and she was covering her face with the paper where the lyrics are written. "I'll hang up, call again later" He cut off the line. Dara suddenly stood up.

"Uh, I need to go to the bathroom" she said, not looking in his eyes.

"No," he answered. "You can go later after we talk" he said, his eyes squinting into tiny slits again. "Sit here"

"I'd rather stand, I've been sitting too long" she laughs awkwardly, the one she usually produces when she's nervous.

"No, sit here beside me" he insisted. She did, but she was still avoiding his gaze.

"You did this on purpose, did you?"

"What? What did I do?" she asked innocently, her eyes growing wide. "Aisshh, Ji, such accusations"

But after a while, she can't hold it in anymore. It was her turn to burst out laughing, she fell to the floor and rolled in laughter.

"You should (laughs) have seen your face (laughs harder) when you were losing your patience. It was really a sight to see(laughs even harder)"

Then, she added dramatically, "Ah, revenge is sweet" then burst out laughing again.

GD turned red. He can't believe he was fooled by her. It looked like she was just acting to play dumb and slow. He shook his head, and looked at her, still rolling on the floor looking really stupid.

But after a while, he smiled. It's been a while since he heard her laugh like that.

Later. . .

GD talked and talked and taught her some techniques. He was glad she was being quiet this time compared a while ago, he really doesn't want to be interrupted.

"So, this part will be a bit faster compared to this line. Got that?"

No one answered. He turned his head around and saw that Dara was peacefully sleeping, her head was cocked a bit to the side.

'Stupid. I've been talking to myself all this time' he thought. Her hair was covering most of her face. He brushed it off and sighed. He leaned his back and lifted her head. He put his arm around her shoulder and leaned her head on his shoulder. He inhaled the scent of her hair and smiled. He took her right hand and clasped it with his hand. He put a gentle kiss on her head. He then leaned his head against her head and closed his eyes.

 

A man entered the room and stopped at the scene. A smile curved his lips. She was leaning on his shouder while the other was leaning his head against her head and both were peacefully sleeping. He decided not to disturb them. He slowly and quietly got out of the room.

 

Much, much later.

He blinked. Then, he opened his eyes. He closed his eyes again as it was blinded by the light. Then, he opened it again. He looked at the time.

'I can't believe I slept that long' he thought. He then looked at her then smiled. 'How thick could she get? She's been sleeping for hours already'

He just stayed like that, staring at her face. Then, he took his phone and took a picture of them. Her phone suddenly rang. She blinked then opened her eyes. She looked confuse at first but the persistent ringing of her phone brought her to her senses.

"Omo" she said and took the phone at the table. She talked to phone for a while.

"I need to go home"