Parking Lot

The Hidden Love

Jina pressed the play button for the nth time. As she did, the soft strumming of guitar filled her ears. She closed her eyes then leaned her head on the wall as she let herself be drown into the song. After a while, she opened her eyes then leaned forward, grabbing the piece of paper lying atop the table. She let her gaze focused on the words written on the paper.

“Ugh” she sighed frustratedly. Her patience is slowly running out which was very rare for her.

Eversince she stumbled upon that folder, a growing obsession of finding it out kept on nagging her mind like an infectious disease. Judging from the folder's name, she concluded that it was somehow related to his song Butterfly, that's why she's been listening to it over and over again. She even wrote the lyrics down, hoping that somehow, the answer would materialize out of it, but it was of no help. Of course she already keyed in her full name, so the “three-lettered name” was out of the list already.

But she did try asking him about it by borrowing his phone and saying that she wants to see his pictures when in truth she already saw them the first time she visited him in the dorm. But he just smiled at her when she asked about the folder's contents. She was not used to him hiding something from her. She remembered long time ago that he's a very vocal person. He usually rants about things that she's not even interested and without her asking him to.

GD seemed to be in a foul mood these days. Their schedule was just a minor cause. The major cause? Of course, the one and only Sandara Park. Yes, that fragile-looking girl can throw him off the wall and cause chaos in his mind. Recently, she seemed cold to him. She never send messages regularly to him anymore. She would just send him a message when she's being asked of something. And everytime he calls her, it was either her phone was off or busy or her many excuses like she's tired and wants to sleep or she needs to do something or she needs to go to the bathroom or that she doesn't have time to talk to him because according to her, a rookie like her should not be wasting her time on UNIMPORTANT things because she needs to concentrate on her training. He was badly missing her but after that burst out from her, he tried refraining himself from sending her any messages or making phone calls anymore. He concluded that maybe she was just under pressure and experiencing what he calls the “artists' dilemma”. It's where you want to cut yourself off from the world and just find yourself some time alone and buried in your craft. He's been there, so he totally understands her.

Then, out of nowhere, TOP threw his phone on the table, giving a squeak of fright, his eyes wide in fear and he was pointing a shaky finger at the phone.

“Err, hyung, are you alright?” YB asked worriedly. They were now having an “after party” of TOP's birthday in the dorm. Weird, isn't it? Well, if you happened to live with a person named Lee Seungri, you won't be that surprise, really. That maknae can be really persistent when he wants to.

Then, he saw TOP shaking his head while giving his phone a frightened look.

“Please tell me that's not Sandara noona” TOP asked YB. YB frowned and took TOP's phone. Then, he chuckled.

“It's noona” YB confirmed.

“What did she say?” Seungri asked.

YB cleared his throat while GD waited with bated breath. “She said: 'ya! Tabi, happy birthday. kekeke. And she added a little picture of a cake”

“Ahhh...” Seungri said dreamily, “Sandara noona is really sweet” he finished with a sigh.

“Please tell me she didn't just call me Tabi” TOP denied.

“She just did”

TOP shivered. “Aishh.. That girl's creeping me out. Look,” he said, pointing to his arm, “I'm having goosebumps. Yikes”

See? He was right all along, That fragile-looking girl can throw anyone off the wall. First with YB who was known to be afraid of women but seemingly comfortable with her. There's TOP whose known for being at ease with everyone but awkward with her. Then, of course, he should include himself on the list.

Then, Seungri smack TOP's head. “Hyung, you're overreacting”

GD heard a low chuckle beside him. He turned his head around and looked at J.

“You guys really love each other, huh?” she said, then he burst out laughing.

Later. . .

They were drinking slowly. “Seungri-ah, you're not allowed yet” he said.

“But hyung, it's only the five of us here and Jina-ssi. And besides, its TOP hyung's birthday and don't forget that I was the one who came up with this idea”

“No” GD said again. “Go to your room or else I'll call Dara”

He saw Seungri pouted at him then mumbled to himself. “I'll just watch my hyungs then” he said.

“Why do you have to threaten him with Sandara-ssi?”

He opened his mouth to answer but YB made it before him. “Seungri listens to noona. And he knows noona won't let him drink because noona knows how GD get so drunk sometimes, so she usually orders Seungri to watch out for our leader and for us”

“Oh, I see” J answered, then continued. “But, I'm here, so I guess I can fill in for Seungri's responsibilities for the meantime and look after you guys. Give the poor maknae a break”

“Aniyo” Seungri answered.

“But I thought you-”

“He's actually afraid of noona, most especially if noona slipped to CL and when the President would found out” YB interfered.

“But how would she know? She's not even here”

GD laughed lightly. “I'm afraid you have to ask YB about that”

J gave a questioning look at YB, but he just chuckled in return.
“Why?” she asked GD instead. “YB's a er when it comes to guilt trips especially to Dara”

A dawn of understanding lit J's face. “Oh, I see. I now understand. I guess it's a big part in a relationship, right? But-”

“YB and Dara don't have a relationship” GD interfered.

----------->

Korea. . .

Dara's eyes widened as she opened her phone.

Teddy: The president's looking 4 u. He seemed upset.
Dara: Oh, no! What have I done?! I'm scared. Huhuhu
Teddy: He's waiting in his office right now. Don't worry, I'll help u. Meet me in the parking lot, I'll be in my hoodie
Dara:Ok, I'm coming

She fumbled upon herself. With trembling hands, she wore her jacket, put a beanie on her head then wrapped her neck with a scarf.

“Ya! Noona, where are you going?” Sanghyun asked.

“The boss is looking for me”

“Are you in trouble again?”

She eyed her brother carefully then rumpled his hair, thinking what could she have done wrong. She was sure she asked the President's permission to go home and spend a quality time with her family since it's been a while already.

Sanghyun frowned at the troubled look of his sister. Again, he felt useless, just like before, when she was always crying every night. All he could do at that time was listen to her anguish as she took responsibility of him and the whole family. He was wishing right now that all will work out for him, then maybe he can take the burden off her sister's shoulders. She already sacrificed a lot, even her own self and happiness. But only time can tell. . .

“Where are my shoes?” she exclaimed.”

“Over there” he pointed.

“Oh, thank you” She then hugged him and kissed Durami and their mother goodbye.

“Take care” she shouted as she stepped out through the door.

“Where is she going?” Durami asked.

He just shrugged.

Meanwhile. . . .

Dara can't help but think of GD while she was on her way to the YG building. At first, she was really hurt upon learning that he lied to her. They're supposed to be FRIENDS. And friends don't lie to each other, right?

She felt her conscience nagging her mind. Well, honestly, she was not always truthful to him either. But, still, their situations were different. But then she realized that it was really none of her business if he doesn't want to inform her with what's going on in his “private life”

She sighed, acknowledging she's at fault. She should apologize to him as soon as this meeting with the President get sorted out. She admits that she's been a bit rude to him lately by rejecting his calls and ignoring his messages. At first, she was really irritated that he's been bombarding her phone with messages and calls, thinking how could he have the guts to text and call her when he lied to her. But then, gradually, his messages and calls lessened as the days passed until he no longer contacted her. And surprisingly, it irritated her more.

She walked faster as she arrived at the parking lot, her eyes roamed around the area, searching for Teddy, but she didn't see anyone. So, she walked further, then she smiled as he saw him leaning against a black and heavy tinted car. His head was bowed and his face was covered with the black hoodie he's wearing. As she was nearing him, a frown was slowly replacing her smile as she recognized that it wasn't Teddy. But the familiarity of the way the person's physique and stance made her continue walking towards him the same time her heart went hammering against her chest. She stopped when she was just three steps away from the person, squinting her eyes and trying to see through the hoodie. The person must've sensed her presence 'cause the person's head snapped up to her as a playful smirk curved those lips.

“Missed me?”