Stay

The Hidden Love

Dara’s breath hitched as she balled her fists tightly on her lap. She tried swallowing the big lump in as the soft melody of one of Bigbang’s Stay entered her ears beautifully. Then, YB’s soulful voice filled her senses overwhelmingly. She closed her eyes and let the melody and his voice drown her.

 

~Oh. . . .yeah, yeah. .Why don’t you stay right here with me. .

Can you feel me now~
Take a deep breath and let me explain
All the pain that's been wreckin' my brain

Gettin so close to goin' insane
And see you standing there
And the feelin' never gonna be the same
Seems like we missed the whole damn train
Blame is all we have for us

And I can let in get in the way
Even if the love is the costly price to pay
Lookin' back life love was the game or cliche
Gotta move away sacrifice my heart and let you breath again baby girl~

 

~. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Baby please don't go away

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . want you to stay

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I know it's late-~

 

When she heard his voice broke on the word “late” she wasn’t able to hold back the tears anymore. She turned to her side and wrapped her arms around his waist as she leaned her forehead against his shoulder. And she knew without even looking, that tears were also silently falling from his eyes.

 

YB’s tears feel heavily but he didn’t stop playing the piano; he didn’t stop singing even if he’s voice was breaking and coming out as chokes and sobs.

 

~I want you to stay. . . .I want you to stay~

 

Still, he continued as he aims to finish the song. He knew it was already too late but that didn’t stop him from making one last appeal, his last appeal to make her stay by his side a little longer, even as a friend, he’d take it.

 

And for some reason, too, Dara knew that if only YB had the guts and courage to fight for her before, she could have said yes. But if he did fight for her and competed with GD, he won’t be the Youngbae she knew, she grown to love. Because the Youngbae that she knew will always give way to his friends; will always be the one who will willingly sacrifice his own happiness in exchange of the happiness of the people he holds dearly. But like what he knows, it’s too late already. She can never give anything to him anymore because “someone” already took EVERYTHING from her, and she willingly gave it all: her love, her heart, her mind, her life and even her soul. There’s nothing left for her to give except her love and gratitude for his friendship, for his warmth and for his love and sacrifices. As the song ended, YB bowed his head as he finally surrendered to the pain and let himself drown in his own misery and tears.

 

And when the sounds of their cries subsided, Dara leaned back and plated a very gentle kiss on YB’s tear-stained cheek and whispered in his ear, “Thank you for everything, Youngbae”

 

She unwrapped her arms from his waist and stood up. She knew that he knows she was saying goodbye to him.

 

No, she’s not saying goodbye to the YB who treasured her as a friend; she’s not saying goodbye to the YB whom she prized the most among her friends’ she was not saying goodbye to Taeayng, her sun.

 

Instead, she was saying goodbye to the their story that was never given the chance to begin; she was saying goodbye to the YB who loves her and whom she loves back in her own little way; she was saying goodbye to the YB who is hurting right now because of her.

 

She knew that the sun would never leave her, that the sun would still be there to give her warmth and light. But that’s not how life goes. Sometimes, you also have to face the clod and darkness of the night. That’s just how life goes. But this time, she won’t be facing those cod and dark nights up ahead of her; she won’t be facing it alone anymore. . .

 

As she was out to the streets, her tears started falling again, making her vision blurry. Blindly, she let hr feet lead her to a place where she’ll no longer feel nothing but happiness. She started running, wanting to end the misery she’s feeling for Youngbae. And as if her feet knew where she wanted to go, it lead her to HIM. She stood in front of his door and raised a shaking finger to press the buzzer. The door opened and she threw herself to the comforts of his arms.

 

“I didn’t mean to hurt him” she cried on his chest.

 

“I know” he whispered, hugging her tighter, letting her feel that he wants to take all the pain away from her.

 

 

Meanwhile. . .

 

YB was still sitting in front of the grand piano, looking at Tam-tam’s sister that was sitting beside him, the same place where Dara occupied a while ago.

 

The day started out so well. He knew this was her last day, but he enjoyed his time with her that he almost forgot about what will happen tomorrow. He knew something like this would happen long before. But, in a way, he was hoping to see just a ray of light that their fate would change. He smiled sadly. How can someone change something so inevitable?

 

Her last day. Today was her last day as 2NE1’s fresh vocal Park Dara; her last day as Korea’s well-loved Ssantokki; her last day as one of Japan’s popular faces; her last day as his Sandara Park. Tomorrow, she’ll no longer be the Philippines’ phenomenal star; no longer 2NE1’s maknae; no longer Korea’s baby face idol member; no longer HIS Sandara Park.

 

Starting tomorrow, she’ll be Kwon Jiyong’s Sandara Park. . . . .and she’ll be FOREVER.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

Eventually, Hyun Seung was forgiven. Since Dara doesn’t want to hold grudges, she asked the others to just let the fate do what it wants to Sohee. She also believes that Jina already got what she deserves, and that is being rejected by the one she loves, GD. But since Jina was still very persistent, the President filed a restraining order against her.

 

GD, on the other hand, followed Dara’s “order” of no-show-for-a-week., not even a call nor a message. But after the boys’ visit, he was able to conceive a plan. To put it into action would require some help of his friends.

 

The preparation wasn’t that grand because of the time limit. She asked him to think of a perfect way to ask for forgiveness, but he thought otherwise. So, when the final day of Dara’s punishment arrived, his friends gathered up to set out the plan. Once again, he found himself standing on the place where they watched the sunset and sunrise; where he watched her play with the fireflies; where they had their first kiss; where he had his first attempt to confess his love for her discreetly.

 

He looked around and saw that everyone was busy fixing the place and make it look like they were in a world where only fairytales exist. The 2NE1 girls were exceptionally “hands-on” on everything: from climbing the tree to wrap the softest white cotton fabric that will later curtain them to pinning the silver glittering stars on it to putting the human-sized rabbit statues to arranging the pink flowers on the vases to setting the lights inside the butterfly lanterns and everything they could put their hands on. Some of the boys were also there to help, like Dae, who kept on insisting to put Doraemon statues instead of the rabbit statues to Seungri, who’s been guarding the four jars full of fireflies to TOP and YB who were assigned to “kidnap” Dara. Teddy, Kush and Yanngaeng were responsible for the materials and their transportation to this place while the President made sure that they won’t be followed by the media.

 

Then, as the surroundings started to darken and the sky was now brightly lit with stars, he smiled at how the place looked like. Then, his smile grew wider as he heard a faint, distant rumbling of a car.

 

‘She’s here’ he thought. One week without seeing her felt like centuries already. And just as planned, Dara was blindfolded and her hands were tied behind her. She was now being carried by TOP in his shoulder just like a sack of potato.

 

“Put me down now!” she commanded. I’m telling you TOP, if you won’t put me down now, you’ll regret it!”

 

No one answered, instead, the others silently laugh.

 

“Taeyang! I know you’re somewhere out there, I can smell your perfume!”

 

Still, no one answered.

 

“Kwon Jiyong! I can sense your presence! Might I remind you that you haven’t asked for forgiveness yet, and now you’re adding another one! I know you’re behind all of this so you’d better tell TOP to put me down now or else I’m adding another week for your punishment!! I’m not in the mood for jokes!”

 

GD silently laughs as he heard his name from her lips. He saw the others giving him a thumbs-up and slowly retreating out of sight. As they did, four of his accomplices by the name of Bom, Minzy, CL and Seungri opened the four jars and shook it. And just like before, the place was filled with firelies. TOP then put her down in front of him, untied her hands and quickly hid himself, too.

 

Dara took her blindfold off and threw GD a dirty gkare.

 

“Ya! What do you think are you doing?!?” she shouted, not noticing her surroundings, because all she can see is him.

 

GD smiled and took out the hand that he’s been hiding behind him.

 

“Look” he whispered then lowered his eyes as he saw her lowered hers, too. He slowly opened his lightly-closed fist and there sits a small white butterfly with tiny black dots in its wings. The butterfly, sensing that it’s being freed, fluttered its wings and took off. Dara gasped as she saw what’s sitting on his palm right now, the one that was hidden by the butterfly. She glanced up at him with tears starting to form at the edges of her eyes.

 

“Sandara, will you stay with me. . .? Forever? As my other half?”

 

“You’re forgiven”

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

                                                            * * *

 

Everyone was moving fast.

 

Everyone seemed too busy to stop by and have a chat.

 

Everyone seemed to move in hushed movements as they silently gush for the day’s big event.

 

But everyone was wearing huge smiles on their faces.

 

And as requested, the event was to keep sacred and private. . .

 

As it started, everyone hushed in silence. . .

 

Dara felt her knees trembling as she slowly walked towards him. She felt a big lump on as she saw even from a distance how teary-eyed he was as he patiently waits for her to reach him. The music filled the hall and the two voices of the two persons she loves, blended well in her ears. She glanced at YB and Bom, who were both singing in one corner. Bow was starting to tear up while YB nodded and smiled gently at her as if he’s encouraging her to continue walking. She smiled back then looked back at the guy who was still waiting for her despite how slow she was walking. What she saw in his eyes make her want to stay with him FOREVER, literally. As she slowly closed the distance between them and as they never broke ey contact, everything else disappeared. Everyone seemed invisible to her anymore. She can only see him, no one else. She can only feel his presence on no one else. She can only love no one but him and she could only promise forever with him and no one else.

 

She finally realized that after moving from Korea to the Philippines and back to Korea and to Japan; from music to acting to music, she would always come back to that place that connects her with him. After so long of not knowing where she stands, she finally found her place. And that’s in the circle of his arms and by his side. And she swears to stay there no matter what happens. And after a long time of wishing to have a complete and happy family, she’s about to start a new one with him.

 

As she reached him, she knew right then and there that she only belongs to him. Then, GD leaned on her ear and whispered, “Now, all of my dreams are fulfilled”