The Five Steps

The Hidden Love

The girl stopped and dropped herself to the sand. GD knelt beside her and pulled her to a hug.

“Hush” he comforted.

“Oppa! What have I done?”

He chuckled. “I think you just confessed to Seungri. And I must say, that would definitely boost his ego And I thought you liked Teddy”

“I shouldn’t have done that! Aigoo! I can’t believe I did that! I’m being stupid just like him!” CL wailed.

“Love can really make people do something unexpected” he quietly said.

“I’m not inlove with him! I’m just. . .just. . . .”

Later. . .

He kept CL company ‘til she calmed down. He walked her to 2NE1’s room.

“Thank you, oppa! Goodbam!”

He smiled and nodded at her. The moment the door closed, he sighed and started walking towards where he and the other Bigbang boys were staying when something caught his eye or rather someone caught his eye. His feet automatically changed direction. After a while, he stopped walking.

“It’s late, what are you still doing here?” he asked.

“I like listening to the waves” she simply answered.

SILENCE

“You won” he said. She turned to face him.

“I know” she smiled. “They make a cute couple, don’t you think?” she smiled.

“I guess so. And I guess I have to tell you my deepest-“

“No, you don’t have to. It was just a playful bet anyways, you shouldn’t have taken it too seriously because I didn’t”

He was silent. She was quiet. Only the waves of the sea against the shore can be heard.

“You’ve changed” he said.

She turned to face the sea again. “Do you know the saying, ‘the only constant in this world is change’? And like you said before, people change. Everything changes”

A wind passed by them.

“Is CL-roo in the room already?” she asked later on.

“Neh” he answered.

“Good. I think I should go, they’re probably having some girls’ talk. And I really don’t want to miss it out”

She glanced up at him and gave him a small smile as she walk passed by him. Then, she heard him speak.

“Are you happy?” he asked, still facing the sea.

She stopped and chuckled. “Of course I am. There’s no reason for me to be sad, is there?”

A small smile curved his lips. “I’m happy to hear that. And, oh, I’m glad to see you again”

“Thank you, sunbae-nim” she answered.

------->

GD woke up sweating hard. He stood up and went to the bathroom to wash his face. He looked at himself in the mirror and he didn’t like what he saw. The circles under his eyes are getting bigger and darker. He can even see distress in his expression.

‘It’s that dream again’ he thought.

He’s been dreaming the same dream for the past years. At first, it was like a puzzle, he can only remember a few details when he wakes up. But as he continuously dream about it, he can remember every small detail about that dream. Although he knows what’s going to happen in the dream, his reaction is still the same everytime he wakes up. He has been wishing that he won’t dream about it or that he can forget it, but he can’t. Who was he to control dreams, anyway? He went back to the room and saw the boys fastly asleep. He looked at the clock, 6:10.

He decided not to go back to sleep; afraid of dreaming again. They’ll be going back to Korea in a few hours anyways, since their beach party’s good for two days and one night only. He went out and walked alongside the seashore, letting the wind blowdry his sweat.

“You’re up early”

GD jumped in surprise as he heard YB’s voice. “Omo, don’t sneak up on me like that” he said, clutching his chest.

YB chuckled. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you”

SILENCE

“How was your talk with Chaerin?” YB asked later on.

“It was alright, she was actually surprised with what she did”

“Seungri was shocked, too” YB informed him.

“That guy! He’d better gather his act together or I’m going to pound him!” GD grimly said.

YB laughed. “Don’t you find it funny how some people can’t see what’ so obvious? All they have to do is listen to their hearts and look deep into each other’s eyes, those two things don’t lie”

“Whoa! That was pretty deep!” GD teased.

“I guess that’s the effect of love”

------>

Back in Korea

GD’s dorm. . .

It’s the dream again. He stood there, watching her. Any moment now, the wind will blow her away again. If only he can do something. Three years. It’s been three years, but still, his heart still beats for her. For the time they were apart, it felt like his heart had stop beating, but when he saw her again, it came back to life. This dream. It’s like reality. He can only watch her, see her from afar, but he can never touch her, hold her, hug her. BUT this was his dream, maybe he can do something? Without thinking, he took a two steps forward. And to his surprise, he moved! He was able to move away from that spot! It was obvious that only HE can move while Dara can’t eventhough she’s been running all the time. Then, from the distance, he heard the swooshing of the wind. It’s coming, Dara would be gone again. Then, as if his feet have its own mind, it started running. He started running so fast, trying to race with the wind from blowing her away. He can feel the wind in his back and he even run faster, then, he quickly grabbed her wrist. “Don’t go, stay with me”

The wind blew hard against his back and he closed his eyes for the fear of seeing her being blown away again. But, he can still feel her wrist in his hand! He opened his eyes and looked at her. And there she was standing solidly in front of him with her hair being blown beautifully by the wind. She smiled.

“I’ve been waiting for you. I thought you’ll never come”

He woke up.

----->

GD frustratedly massaged his temples, trying to lengthen his patience.

“You’re aware that you’ve been rejected two times already, right?” he asked. He can sense Teddy trying to control his laughter.

“Neh” Choi Minhwan answered, smiling brightly.

“And yet, you’re here again”

“Neh” the boy answered.

The door suddenly opened. And to his dismay, the boy’s smile grew even wider as he saw 2NE1, Seungri and the President entered.

“What’s this?” Mr. YG asked.

“He’s applying again” Teddy and Yanggaeng both answered a little tight, trying to suppress their laughter.

“Oh, I see. Choi Minhwan, right?”

“Neh”

The President sighed. “Can you come back tomorrow or some other day? We have something,er, urgent to discuss”

“Oh, okay. I’ll come back tomorrow. Annyeong, Sandara-ssi”

“Annyeong” she greeted back.

Before exiting, the boy glanced at Dara once more. The girl smiled at him which made the former to blush. The moment the door closed, the President took a seat beside GD.

“Seungri said he got a very important announcement to make”

“Neh” Seungri answered.

“So, what is it?” the boss asked again. Seungri then went into the middle, looking really stupid standing in front of them.

“Annyeonghaesseoyo! I’m Lee Seungri and I’m here to try the five steps that sajang-nim had set out for 2NE1”

SILENCE

TOP suddenly laughed. “Is that a joke? It’s really funny”

GD’s eyes automatically zoomed to CL, who looked pale to the bones.

“Is he even allowed to apply?” YB asked.

The President was silent. “Well, since I didn’t implement any rule of forbidding another YGE family to try the five steps, I guess he’s allowed”

CL paled even more while the other girls were giggling. GD straightened in his chair.

“Aigoo! This is going to be interesting!” Dara said.

“Who are you applying anyway?” the President asked.

Seungri glanced at the girls first before turning back to the President and answered, “Lee Chaerin”

Another shocking silence.

Daesung was the first to recover. “Whoa! Maknae! You’re growing up, finally!”

When GD heard this, he laughed out loud.

“Ya! Seungri-ah! You know that Chaerin-ah has two more years to wait to have a boyfriend, right?” GD asked, laughing.

“I know. But, uh, this is like, er- a reservation. If I pass, which I know I will, that would automatically mean that CL is not allowed to accept any more applicants and after two years, we will be officially. . . “

“You’re ridiculous! Who gave you the right to have a reservation?” CL shouted, but a small smile was starting to form in her lips.

“Looks like you already got CL’s approval” Teddy chuckled.

“If that’s the case, then, I’ll be going through the five steps, too” YB said out of nowhere.

It was GD’s turn to pale. The others stared in disbelief at YB.

“Finally! You’re coming out of your shell” TOP cheered.

“And who are you applying for?” GD asked.

“I think you already know the answer” YB answered.

GD was stunned in silence. YB was right, why did he have to ask YB when he already knows the answer?

A phone suddenly rang loudly.

The President took his phone out and answered the call. After the call ended, Mr. YG looked disturb.