Stage and Celebration

The Hidden Love

It took 15 minutes for Dara to stop laughing. TOP was looking at her with a weird expression. 'This girl's going out of her mind' he thought. YB was amusingly watching her, while GD got a look of embarrassment, his face turning red.

"That's the longest laugh I've ver heard from noona" YB chuckled.

Dara was looking at GD with a mischief look in her eyes. Gd can't seem to find the strength tostare or even look at her.

'Why does he notices everything?' GD asked himself, referring to TOP's observant attitude. 'That was really embarrassing. One day, TOP's going to pay for this. I'm going to prick his eyes out for noticing everything'

"That was really funny" Dara exhaled.

"Yeah, we noticed you did have fun" GD said.

"Noona's a natural happy person" YB said.

"Anyway, thanks for catching me before I hit the floor" Dara turned to GD.

He frowned. "No, it wasn't me. TOP hyung did" the disappoinment in his voice was too obvious.

"Oh!" Dara exclaimed in surprise. She turned to TOP. "Erm, thank you"

"It's nothing. The truth is,I thought you were just dancing at first. Then I realized something was wrong"

YB laughed. "Hyung, can't you spot the difference between a dance and fainting?"

"Ya! You know how weird she gets some-" he stopped, remembering that Dara is with them. He looked at Dara guiltily.

Dara chuckled. "It's alright. I know that already."

"You shouldn't have come here" GD whispered. He felt guilty somehow. He felt responsible for what happened. "You know your body can't even last for more than 14 minutes working but you still-"

"You sound so much like our trainer" Dara cut off, chuckling. "I just overworked, that's all"

"Not to mention sleeping very late" YB added.

GD's head snapped towards YB, his eyes squinting all over again.

"You know the reason why" Dara laughed.

'Does this mean that they still talk on the phone late at night?' GD thought.

"Are you having problems in sleeping?" GD asked.

"I always do" she chuckled. "Anyways, I'm really feeling well. I need to go" she stood up. Upon seeing her standing up, GD suddenly grabbed her elbow gently, afraid that she might faint again.

The three of them walked her out, GD carefully stayed by her side. He wants to be the one who catches her this time if ever she faints again.

TOP's phone rang, he answered it when he heard YB.

"Noona, get some sleep tonight. No phone calls for the mean time" YB said, chuckling, his eyes smiling.

"Why? Have you guys been doing this for a long time?" he asked. He saw YB and Dara looked at each other.

"Noona's always getting sentimental these past few days" YB answered. GD looked at Dara. A questioning look on his face.

"Uhm, I really need to go. Bye" she waved.

"Bye" YB waved back. while GD just stood up, frozen, and nodded to her.

"Ji!" Dara called. "Take care" she added.

That made him smile. And once again, his lips curved into a one-sided smile.

"Ya! Why do you keep on doing that? Do you have a toothache?" TOP asked who was finished talking on his phone already.

He looked at TOP and smiled mysteriously and chose not to answer.

"That smile is starting to annoy me" TOP said while YB laughed.

 

Later that evening. . .

His phone beeped. He immediately smiled.

Dara: Are you nervous on your solo performace?
GD: I can't explain what I'm feeling.
Dara: I know you'll do good. You always do! I wish I could perform on the same stage with you, even as your back-up dancer. Minzy and me are left out! Aigoo!

It's true that Dara and Minzy haven't shared the same stage with him while CL and Bom already did.

GD: You're too pretty for a back-up dancer
Dara: Aigoo. I'm tired of people always reminding me that I'm pretty, I already know that! kkkkk

---------->

He was browsing the net when his eyes caught something. It was on old post of Dara in SNS(me2day). She was talking about her body and that she can work 14 days straight. He shhok his head. 'Stubborn' he thought.

GD: Ya! What are you talking about working 14 days straight?
Dara: Omo, I can do that! You'll see.
GD: I don't think so.
Dara: Just wait and see. kkkk
GD: Stubborn
Dara: but cute.kkkkk
GD: Ur really so full of urself.
Dara: Nope, just being honest.

He chuckled.

GD: Oh, just want to remind you about the party, I will celebrate it after my birth date
Dara: Yeah, yeah, I know.

--------------->

His phone was irritatingly ringing nonstop. He looked at the clock, it was 12:05 in the morning. He was annoyed, he slept around 11: 45 in the evening and he was really tired. He wants to get more sleep as he can, but the caller was so persistent.. 'Who the hell could this be? Calling this late?' he asked himself irritatedly. He took his phone and answered it without even looking who the caller was because his eyes were having problem in opening. They remained closed while he answered with an irritated and sleepy voice "hello?"

"Ya!" the caller answered back. His eyes suddenly snapped open as if he was so awake and not sleep;. the voice made him sit up from lying in the bed; the irritated expression on his face and tone of his voice was suddenly replaced by delight.

"Are you still there?" Dara asked.

"Yes, yes of course. What-"

"Oh, good. I thought you went back to sleep again. I'm really sorry for calling this late. I was thinking about a million ways on how to do this but my brain can't come up with a good idea. I was also thinking about when and where I'm going to do this, but my brain is really not working well nowadays(laughs awkwardly). Well, you know my brain gets weird sometimes. I know I'm brilliant but of course smart people like me needs to rest their brilliant brain sometimes. You know that,right?(laughs awkwardly again). I wasn't really planning to call you this late. I'm sorry to bother your sleep. Were you sleeping before I called? Of course you were(laughs awkwardly). Aigoo! Bye!"

The line was cut off. Jiyong looked at the phone. 'What was that?' he asked himself. He knew that she was nervous about something because she kept on babbling and babbling and keep repeating what she already said. He dialed her number, the phone rang for a few times before he heard a sleepy voice.

"Hello?"

"Ya, Dara! What-?" he started but was cut off.

"Kwon Jiyong! Don't you know it's already late? Why are you calling me this late? I was already peacefully sleeping(yawns). Aisshh, sunbae-nim! Is this the way you treat your junior? I'm really tired, you should let me sleep. I-"

"Ya!" he shouted. "You're the one who called me so late and kept on babbling on the phone"

"Really? I called you? Nah, I was probably dreaming"

"Are you saying that you were dreaming about me?"

"Aisshhh.. Of course not! How would I dream about you or even dream when I wasn't even asleep and- oh. Aigoo!"

"Caught in the act. I'm not as sscattered-brain as you. Stop playing Dara. Why did you call?"

He heard her laugh awkwardly again.

"Well, I was just, you know. I-"

"I'm waiting Dara" he warningly said.

"Oh, well. I just wanted to greet you a happy birhday, it's not really a big deal. I've been waiting for the clock impatiently to turn 12, I even adjusted the time, making it 12, I swear, our clock is really running slow-"

"Thank you" he whispered. He smiled. "You're the first to greet me today. I forgot it's actually my birthday today. Thanks for reminding me"

"I'm really sorry if I woke you up. I-"

"No, it's okay. I'm actually glad you did. Thanks again."

"You're welcome"

They stayed like that for a while, both holding their phones in their ears and listening to each other's breath. GD closed his eyes and smiled. 'Life can't get better than this' he thought.

"Uhm.. Should I say my wishes?" Dara broke the silence. "I wish you gain weight already, since you looked thin like me. I also wish that you feature me in your next album so it will be a big hit again. I wish-"

"Be serious, will you?"

She chuckled, "Sorry. But I can't think of anything right now, you got everything already. Fame, money, friends, family, you name it. What could you ask for?"

'You' he thought.

"But anyways, hmmm, I wish for more success and happiness! Fighting!"

"Thanks"

"I should thank you also" she said.

"For what?"

"You don't know? Aisshhh.. Then, I won't tell you. Bye! I want to sleep. I've been up for hours already."

------------------------------------------------>

His solo debut stage is just a few hours away and Dara hasn't arrived yet from the filming of the Cass CF.

GD: Where r u?

He keyed in. She needs to arrive in an hour or so, since 2NE1 will be performing an Unplugged Version of I Don't Care.

Dara: Still filming. Almost done

But of course, he wants her to be there on his solo debut. He was grateful that the other YG artists came to support him, but her presence means so much more to him.

Later. . .

It's time for his debut. He performed Heartbreaker first. He will be performing Breathe later on

Dara arrived while GD was performing Heartbreaker. 'Oh, I almost didn't make it' she thought. Then she proceeded to the dressing room and the stylist started styling her hair.

Meanwhile, GD went off the stage after his Hearbreaker performance. He was not satisfied with his performance though the others were saying that he did well. It felt like something was missing.

He proceeded to a room, and started dressing and preparing for his Breathe performance.

"You did well" he heard someone said from the side. He turned and saw Dara smiling at him.

"You saw?"

"Yeah, I arrived just in time" she answered.

He was about to start a conversation with her when he saw Mr. YG looking at him with a warning in his eyes. When he was done, he hanged out with CL, looking at Dara every now and then. He wasn't really saying that he doesn't enjoy CL's company, he really does. He actually admire CL's talents and abilities as a performer and he really sees her as his sister.

Then, 2NE1 performed I Don't Care. He was watching at the backstage through the monitor and can't help but be proud of these girls, especially Dara, who was really looking chic and classy.

After their performance, the Breathe performance will be next. As he was climbing the stage and 2NE1 was going down, they all cheered him. "Fighting!" he heard Dara say. He smiled and performed, feeling so alive.

------------------>

It's his birthday party, eventhough he celebrated it late, he was glad that his friends coming one by one.

"Where's 2NE1? They always come late, such amateurs" Kush jokingly said.

"They said they'll be here in 5 minutes" he answered. Well, that was Dara said in the message.

Later on, they arrived. He went to where Dara was sitting, it was a good thing Bom was there, since he won't want the camera to catch them together and be seen by the president. Bom greeted him but was looking at the camera that made him laugh.

"Why are you saying that to the camera?" Dara asked, laughing too. Then, Bom was acting all cute that made both of them laugh.

"Happy birthday" Dara simply said. He was talking to the camera when Dara suddenly asked, "Is there alcohol today?"

"Yes, there's a lot of it" he answered.

"Uh... Moscato d' Asti" she said, then chuckled.

'Look at this girl, she didn't even say anything special, just a simple "Happy Birthday", and now she's looking for a drink already' he thought. It was as if she was saying she just came for the drinks. But she did say that, but at that time, he knew she was just joking. He was a bit disappointed, of course, but then he remembered the day when she called him to greet him on his birthday. That lightened up his mood.