Silence

The Hidden Love

1st day of Dara’s vacation. . .

He didn’t receive a single message from her for the whole day.

He didn’t attempt to text her either.

2nd day. . .

Still, no messages. He’s usually busy talking or typing a message on the phone, but today was different. It’s actually odd how his phone beeped once in a while. But still, no messages from her.

He decided to bury his head with work, since life gets too boring sometimes.

He sighs once in a while, looking at his phone. Another boring day has passed.

3rd day. . .

He’s slowly losing it. He looked at his phone for the nth time today, opens it, then closes it at once.

He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple.

He opened his eyes again, looked at the phone. He typed a message, then deleted it. He threw the phone to the side.

“Looks like noona enjoyed her vacation” YB chuckled.

GD looked at him dangerously. It was a good thing YB was busy reading MESSAGES.
‘Does he have to broadcast everything he read?’ GD thought irritatedly.

“Oh!” YB suddenly said, a frowned creasing his forehead.

He didn’t even dare ask what happened or if anything happened. He had seen and heard quite enough already. And it’s pretty clear for him that Dara doesn’t feel the same way he do. Maybe it’s about time to give up and find another who would appreciate his affection. He smiled bitterly. ‘Replace her?’ he thought. That was quite impossible. Yes, he could find another, but he knows he can’t give his whole heart to that girl, he already gave it to someone. And that someone is kinda crushing and breaking his heart into pieces, it cannot be fix by just anybody, but only her.

---

His phone beeped. A message.
Dara: Ya! I’m back! Where r u? I got something for u

Then, another message came. . .

Dara: Ya! Why are you not responding? Are you busy?

Then,

Dara: Ya! Oohh..! I know! Are you having stomach problems right now? I’ll text you again later, so you can concentrate… kkkkk. A piece of advice: Flush it four times, okay? So, no bad smell. I flushed mine four times.

He can’t help but smile. His fingers were itching to key in a message but he didn’t. He consumed all his energy to restrain himself from sending her a message.

Dara: Ya! Some of the Filipino fans bought gifts for you and the YG family. Aren’t you excited?

Later. . .

Dara: Ya! What did you eat? Your stomach problem seemed so severe. I pity you, I pity you. But I totally understand, I’ve been there. Go ahead, take your time. Just don’t forget to text me later.

Much, much later. . .

Dara: Ya! Kwon Jiyong!

Okay, he’s control got all fed up.

GD: I thought u said u won’t text me anymore? Ur flooding my phone with your messages

A moment late AGAIN. . .

Dara: Sorry. I won’t flood your phone anymore! It won’t happen again. Bye!

But she kept on flooding messages to him anyway.

Messages like:

Dara: I really am sorry
Dara: Are you really mad at me? Annoyed?
Dara: Am I really annoying you?
Dara: Why are you being such a baby?
Dara: Ya! I said I’m sorry already
Dara: Y r u being so coldhearted? Don’t u pity me a bit?

And it went on and on and on until he can’t take it any longer.

GD: Ya! Stop it already. Why do u keep on flooding me when u said u won’t do it anymore?

Then his phone beeped again. Thinking that it was just another “flood” message from Dara, he lazily opened his phone and read the message anyway. His eyes grew wide as he read the message, his mouth hang open in disbelief, his heart beat furiously fast and he was speechless. Then, the biggest smile appeared on his face. He stared at the message as if it’s a dream come true.

Dara: I missed you

He quickly replied.

GD: Ur forgiven

That simple, and he just went to heaven reading it. ‘Ah, she knows my weaknesses’ he thought. Now, he’s wondering if she’s not really aware of his feelings.

Another message came. He didn’t quite understand the whole message, well, except for the first line.

Dara: I really did miss u. Maybe that’s why. Kkkk. But I know you missed CL, right? You’ll see her pretty soon

Dara exhaled. At first, she was really hurt when he said she was annoying him. Due to her hurt feelings, she said she won’t text him anymore. She tried to forget by enjoying herself. She did have fun, and forget about it for a while. But she did miss all the teasing. She was actually expecting a “bit” that he’s going to send her a message or even call her in that three-day vacation, but he never did. ‘Oh, well, maybe he was busy texting CL-roo’ she thought before. She sighed. She’s really missing her “friend”. Their friendship ever since 2NE1 debuted, somewhat changed. At first, she didn’t really pay attention that much, since she was busy with their debut also. But then, she noticed the growing closeness between GD and CL and that he always teases Bom and Minzy made her realized that something has changed, and there’s a growing gap between them. But she never said a word about it, just let it pass because she saw that he seemed happy and enjoying the company of CL and Bom. She thought that he doesn’t feel the same way like before. Maybe his feelings changed and he doesn’t see her as a friend nor a sister. Maybe he only sees her as his junior. It was a good thing YB was still there, just like before. She smiled. It’s always refreshing talking to YB. In a way, some of the “bad vibes” she’s feeling eases.