Strong Heart

The Hidden Love

They seemed to be stuck in practice rooms these days. Rehearsing, hanging out, training, goofing around, practicing again, teasing each other, working out, talking and the likes. 2NE1 was especially working hard. They were being prepared for their upcoming album, and the talks of holding out an independent concert for them at the end of this year. And of course, there are plans for the girls and Dara alone appearing in some shows. Eventhough he was also busy and working hard himself, he can’t help but worry over her. Everyone knows how she easily gets tired. Plus, there’s this additional training she’s taking by herself.

Oh, he knows all the “overtime” she’s doing. He would sometimes see her in the practice room or in the exercise room. All those nights or early in the morning that she was secretly working, he was there, seeing that he’s just a concerned sunbae to his junior. Then, she would surprise him the following day with her energy, gags, laughter and bright smiles as if she wasn’t working her off the previous night. He didn’t hear her complain even once. The others were not suspicious because she was hiding her tiredness pretty well. But he knew better. All those little naps she’s taking during the breaks and the lessened exchange of messages between them during the evenings were just a few signs of how tired she was that she easily falls asleep.

------>

YB saw the surprised look on GD’s face as the four of them appeared in the doorstep. TOP cheekily smiled at the surprised leader, arms full of FOODS


“Hyung-nim!” SeungRi greeted loudly with that weird accent of his.

“Sorry about this, he dragged all of us here, well except for TOP hyung. The maknae did a good job on him” YB said, trying to control his smile.

“What brought you here anyway?” GD asked.

“2NE1 will be appearing tonight, right? Watching it would be the right thing to do, don’t you think?” SeungRi butted in.

“Ya, SeungRi-ah, don’t you have your own television?”

“It’s better to watch it with my equals”

This time, it was TOP who answered disbelievingly. “Equals?!?”

“Oh, I think it’s starting already” the maknae said, ignoring his hyung’s outburst.

Then, they watched. The others laughed at the right places. YB noticed SeungRi looking at GD when the people in the show started teasing Dara and Seunggi. And oh, YB saw how the maknae’s face light up when Dara said that she finds Seunggi cute, enjoying the leader’s reaction, probably. He turned around and saw the dark look on GD’s face. After a while, he then fidgeted in his seat as he felt goosebumps on his arms. The aura that GD was exuding was creeping him out. If he got the abilities to see the aura of people, he was 100% sure he would see green and black surrounding GD right now.

‘Uh-oh. I think she’s in trouble. Bigtime!’ he thought.

Then TOP started ranting on SeungRi’s quoted statement about HIM being the best member in Bigbang. And to YB’s surprise, GD reacted a bit violently than necessary. And as he watched GD pounding on SeungRi , he shook his head. He knows GD was just letting his frustrations out.

And as the show came to an end, TOP still can’t get over it.

“Ah, did you see how he looked at Dara noona when she was singing?” he heard SeungRi asked Dae loudly.

YB fidgeted again. “Er, I think we should go. GD needs some sleep, too” he urgently said as he saw the look on GD’s face.

“I think they’ll look good together, don’t you think?” the maknae continued. That made YB literally dragged him out of the reach of their leader. The maknae might not know it, but one day, he’ll find himself tongueless.

He pulled SeungRi to one side when they were out of the dorm.

“What do you think are you doing?” he asked. The maknae smirked at him.

Back at the dorm. . .

GD was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

The show was one hell of a roller coaster ride for him. He can’t help himself from pumping his chest out proudly as she mentioned his name and laughed at her when she showed “a few” of her hiphop moves, just like the time she was flaunting a lot of hiphop moves during the Supermodel Contest. But, of course, it was not all highs for him.

‘How could she?’ he thought grimly. His mind was screaming silent protests as the show kept on replaying in his head.

He scoffed. “Seunggi-ah annyeong” he mimicked her high-pitched voice in mockery.

Oh, no, he was wrong. It wasn’t high-pitched at all. She was saying it in her cute, sweet voice just the way she said “annyeong” to him before. He thought that word was rather special hearing her say the word in that cute, sweet voice of hers, but now, he realized there’s nothing really special about that word. And to add up to that, she even said she finds that guy cute!!! Oh, and don’t even think that he didn’t saw the look that guy was giving her when she was dancing to Get Right. And don’t even think he doesn’t remember that it was the same guy staring at her during the Big Idol show. And the others on that show was teasing them! And he didn’t like that SHE kept on laughing. Then, she said it was better if the guy can sing. He was not sure what he felt there, considering that he’s not really like YB when it comes to singing.

Time slowly flew as he stared endlessly at the ceiling. Then, he took his phone and dialed a number. After a while, he heard a sleepy voice answered.

--------->

Dara was on her way to the exercise room. She knew the trainer wasn’t there yet because it’s still early, so she was expecting to have a quiet time alone and a nice warm-up before the trainer arrives.

She turned the knob and entered the room a bit preoccupied with what would be the best warm-up for her to do. She went in and walked towards the other end of the room when she suddenly stopped in the middle as her eyes landed not on one but two “things” she wasn’t expecting to see and definitely would not want to see when she’s alone.

‘What are they doing here alone, anyway?’ she asked herself.

“Aigoo” she let out as she stood there transfixed and frozen. Then, the brown one started moving towards her.

‘Uh-oh. Not again!’ she thought. She then started stepping backwards slowly; not wanting to give the impression that she was “playing” around again. Her pace increased, when suddenly, the other one stood up too and started following the lead of Gaho. When she couldn’t help it anymore, she turned around and started running, aiming for the door. But there was a body on tye way that it left her no choice to throw herself towards that person, doesn’t giving a damn who that person was. And she was actually grateful that he caught her in time, she was now being carried in a bridal way. She buried her head in the person’s neck, hiding herself. And as she did, she inhaled the familiar scent that always brings butterflies in her little tummy.


GD stood frozen as he felt her burying her head in his neck. He was shocked and surprised, not expecting her to throw herself to him. When he saw her running towards him and was about to throw herself to him, his arms, instinctively, acting on its own accord raised to catch her. Slowly, gradually, a smirk appeared on his face.

This wasn’t part of his plan, not at all.

-FLASHBACK-

After a while, he heard a sleepy voice answered.

“Ya! Could you bring Boss tomorrow in the exercise room around 6?”

“Eh? Why?”

“I’m bringing Gaho, too. It would be nice if he got to play with Boss”


The next morning. . .

He arrived ahead of YB.

“Oh, Teddy hyung was looking for you” he said.

YB frowned. “Really? He didn’t send me any message. I should call him-“

"You should go to the studio, he’s there. I guess he was just preoccupied that he forgot to send you a message”

“Oh. I’ll go then” he said, leaving Boss on the floor.

As YB left, he set out the “planned” revenge in his head.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

But, things got out of hand. His most-thought-out revenge ended differently. But he’s not complaining a bit. This was WAY, WAY, WAY better than he originally planned.

“Don’t put me down” she said. An evil smile spread across his lips. He then started walking to where the two pups were, and he was teasing her that he would drop her anytime when the door suddenly opened.

“Teddy hyung-“ YB started but stopped when he saw the two of them. “Oh!” he exclaimed. A knowing-smile lit his face.

“Youngbae!” Dara exclaimed, embarrassed. “Um, Ji, can you put me down over there?” she said, pointing at the seats.

He obliged, walking over the end of the room and put her down.

Then, there was an awkward silence.

Dara was contemplating at how embarrassing it was of YB finding them in that position. . .

YB finally realized all the reasons behind GD’s actions. Asking him to bring Boss, sending him to the studio when the truth is, Teddy hasn’t arrived in the building yet. . .

GD was frowning as he remembered something: her not calling him in his full name on a regular day-to-day basis


Later. . .

Taking a rest. . .

“Ya! I just noticed. You haven’t called me by my name lately.

She looked at him weirdly. “Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-“ she started, prolonging the “i”. He waited in bated breath.

“Di” she finished. “GD”

He gave her a look.

“I liked the sound of GD better. And besides, what difference shall it do? You already heard me calling you by your first name before.”

“Just this once”

“Ji-D-yah!” then she laughed.

‘Weird’ Dara thought as she realized that for sometime, she’s finding it hard to say his name. It was always GD, or G-dragoon, or Ji. And sometimes Jingyo.

Then, later. . .

“I’ve seen the Strong Heart episode” he started.

“Really? So, sunbae-nim, what do you think of the first appearance of 2NE1 in a variety? Did we do well?”

“The MC was pretty charming that night”

“Eh? Oh, yeah. Seunggi-ah was really-“

“Chaerin did pretty well. And Minzy wowed the people there with her moves while Bom noona was really hilarious. And I wasn’t even pertaining to Seunggi”

“You’re not a fair sunbae”

He chuckled. “You were alright” he teased.

“I’d better start working again” she mumbled, standing up.

He grabbed her wrist as she stood up.

“I was just kidding. Don’t overwork yourself too much”

She scoffed as she pulled her hand away. “Easy for you to say”