The Past Revealed VI: Laughters and Tears

The Hidden Love

 He wanted to punch something or someone. But of course he can't do anything since they're miles apart.

He continued listening to her gut-wrenching sobs, feeling her tears soaking his shirt.

He closed his eyes and lean his head on the wall. 'Please make it stop' he thought, 'please make that sound go away'

He wanted her to stop crying, so the pain he's feeling from seeing and hearing her like this will go away. He wanted to run away to escape from the sound of her pain.

But he can't.

He won't.

And he didn't.

She needs him right now. He knows crying is her way to ease some of the pain she's feeling. So, he stayed. He listened, even if right now, he just wants to be deaf.

He would make sure he won't hear that sound from again. All he wanted to hear are her silly laughs, her hysterical laughs, her high-pitched laugh and even her annoying laugh.

 

A moment later. . .

She stopped crying. He can't hear her sobs anymore, he can't feel her shoulders shaking.

He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling, swallowing hard.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

He didn't see her smile.

"Thank you for always being there for me. Eventhough I'm older than you, you're the one who's taking care of me. Omo, I wished you were my real big brother"

She also didn't see the pain that crossed his eyes, the sarcastic smile that curved his lips.

"Yeah, you're so fragile"

She chuckled.
He smiled, loving the sound of it.

 

A few minutes passed. . .

They stood up.

They walked.

They didn't talk.

She waved him goodbye, a smile perfectly in place.

He waved back.

She left, and so did he.

He arrived at his place, went to bed and stared at the ceiling.

He closed his eyes, went to sleep.

In the middle of the night, he woke up. He was breathing hard and sweating. 'Just a dream' he thought.

He sighed. Now that he's awake, he can't seem to find sleepiness. The sound was haunting him. He kept on hearing it, it's as if she's there and he can hear her crying.

He covered his ears with his pillow and tried to go to sleep.

Not too far from that house, a girl was curled in a tight ball. Her tears were falling endlessly, as if they don't wanna stop from falling.

 

The following day. . .

Jiyong arrived earlier than the others in the training room. He was not expecting to see her today, after what she confessed last night. She's probably so depressed right now for reliving what she'd been through.

One by one, the others arrived, then, "Kyaa! Good morning everyone!"

He looked up. There she was , smiling brightly, greeting everyone enthusiastically, it's as if she didn't cry hard last night. But her eyes were all wrong. It was puffy and it has dark circles under it.

"Hi!" she greeted him.

"Hi", he greeted back, then added, "you didn't sleep well last night." It wasn't a question, but a conclusion.

She scoffed. "Look who's talking. You got dark circles under your eyes, too"

He smirked. "It's natural."

She laughed.

"Yeah, I was born with dark circles under my eyes" he continued.

He tried his best to make her forget, to make her laugh. He was somewhat succeeding, though there were times when he can see a distant look in her eyes.

"Ji," she called.

"Hmmmm?"

She smiled. "Thank you," she whispered.

"What?"

"Do you want to go out?" she suddenly asked.

He stared, not quite believing what he heard. He was stunned. His heart was beating so fast, it felt as if it's going to pump out of his chest.

Sandara, on the other hand, saw the blank look on his face. 'Maybe he doesn't want to go' she thought. She was embarrassed. When the silence was too awkward, she added, "with YG trainees of course, or just YB. The three of us, just like before. But I think the more the merrier, right?" she reasoned out.

Jiyong snapped out of his own world.

"Um, so do you want to go?" she asked again.

"Oh, with the others? I guess so" he answered.

"Great! It's settled then!"

'Stupid' he told himself.

For the next few days, they were hanging out a lot. Sometimes with the other YG family, or just the three of them. Him, Sandara and Youngbae.

He was glad that she seemed to forget what happened, and he was glad that she looked so happy. But he was mistaken.

They were just wrapping up their training.
He went to a storage room. But he stopped dead with what he saw. He saw YB hugging someone. He wasn't quite sure who it was, but he was sure it's a girl. He smiled. Usually, YB can be VERY shy in front of a girl, but from what he saw, it looks like he finally overcome that one. He was about to leave, not wanting to disturb the two when he heard YB spoke. "Sandara noona, it's alright"

His eyes widen.

"I'm sorry for being like this" he heard her say.

"It's okay. I understand."

She sniffed, wiped her tears and smiled.

"I think we should go" she said.

"Are you sure?" YB asked.

"Yeah"

He saw YB put his arm on Sanadara's shoulder and led her out. They both stopped when they saw him.

"Jiyong!" they both said, and laughed.

He even didn't crack a smile.

"What were you doing there?" he asked.

"I was just-" Sandara started but stopped upon seeing Jiyong's face.

"Noona needed someone to talk to" YB answered, easing the tension, and removed his arm from Sandara's shoulder.

They stared at each other.

"I think we should go" she said.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

-PRESENT-

They were quite close, but, lately, he's been avoiding her, creating distractions so the people won't notice.