The Other Phone Calls

The Hidden Love

 The following day. . .

 

GD: Ya! I’m afraid I can’t send you off tomorrow.

Dara:It’s okay. I’m quite used to you not sending me off.

 

‘Oh. So she still remembers’ he thought, that made him cough. He didn’t expect that she’ll bring that up. He felt guilty.

 

GD: I have a valid reason, though. We still have some work to do for my album.

Dara: Kyaa! Then what was your reason the last time?

 

‘Ugh! Does she have to ask?’ he asked himself.

 

GD: I was quite busy that time, too

Dara: Okay. If you say so.

GD: U don’t believe me?

Dara: Kyaa! Can’t wait to see my Filipino friends

 

‘Now, what was that?’ he asked himself again. There he was, getting a bit sentimental, then she just changed the topic randomly. ‘She’s really getting worse’ he thought again.

 

GD: Why do you always do that? U never take my questions seriously. But when we are being filmed, you talk to me too seriously.

Dara: Kyaa! U do the same! U don’t talk to me too much when we are being filmed!

 

Come to think of it, it’s like they both have an understanding not to talk too much in front of the camera. But when they’re having their “phone conversations, they’re so at ease with each other. Back then, they personally talk often. But of course, he was distancing himself from her now, but he never thought that it came to her notice. He smiled. ‘So, she noticed.’ He thought. That only means one thing, she must missed those days when they used to talk to each other often. He just noticed that they were getting awkward with each other in front of the camera. She doesn’t treat him like she treats him before and doesn’t talk to him the way she talks with him on the phone. ‘So, does that mean that she’s been watching her actions closely, too?’he asked himself. He hopes so.

 

GD:It’s because u don’t talk to me normally, too.

Dara: U did it first!

GD: No, I didn’t start it.

Dara: U think I haven’t noticed?

 

‘Uh-oh. I’m in trouble. So, she notice I’ve been keeping my distance from her? Play it innocently’ he told himself.

 

GD: What?

Dara: U don’t call me noona sometimes

 

“What the----? “ he asked himself. He thought she was talking about the “distancing” issue.

 

Dara: C? U can’t answer because it’s true! But it’s ok. I look young anyway. U look way older than me.. kkkk.. I should call you Grandpa!kkkk

 

He looked older? He shook his head.

 

GD: U should go to a clinic and let your eyes be checked.

Dara: Grandpa! Kkkk

 

He knew he won’t get any serious answers from her now that she’s being like this again.

He sighed. He missed talking to her in a “serious way”. Just like the time when she confessed about what happened to her in the Philippines. He missed times like those. He always wants to be the one she runs to or trusts with her secrets, doubts and fears.

 

He heard his phone ring. He looked at it, a smile on his face, expecting it to be her, but he was a bit disappointed when he found out it was not her.

 

“Ya! Taeyang!” he greeted then listened.

 

“Okay. Sure, you can come”

 

A moment later. . .

 

Taeyang arrived.

 

They talked about their solo albums and talked about anything they could come up to. They don’t see much of each other now; because of their individual activities.

 

A few hours later.

 

Jiyong laughed at his own joke, he was expecting Taeyang to laugh too, but he didn’t. He looked at him. Taeyang was frowning while looking at his phone. A message probably. ‘He looked frustrated. What could be the reason?’ he asked himself.

 

“Ya! Are you okay? Is there something wrong?” he asked.

 

“Sandara noona” YB answered nonchalantly.

 

The smile suddenly disappeared from his face. “Why? What’s wrong with her?” he asked simply, trying not to sound concerned.

 

“Oh, the usual” YB answered, typing a message.

 

“What do you mean by the usual?”

 

YB didn’t answer, he was too busy texting. He waited.

 

And waited.

 

Still, he waited.

 

“Ya!” he suddenly burst

 

He saw YB jumped in his seat with a surprise. “Huh?” he asked blankly.

 

“I was asking you what do you mean by the usual”

 

“Oh. You know, she’s feeling kinda lonely again and that she’s scared and excited at the same time to visit the Philippines” YB ranted.

 

“That’s usual?”

 

“Yeah. You know her, She tends to feel lonely sometimes”

 

“Do you always exhange messages?” he asked, trying his very best to hide the conflict he’s feeling.

 

“Yeah. She calls me sometimes, too”

" How often?"

"Hmmmm. Well lately, it's been quite often."