A Series of Talk: Part II

The Hidden Love

He saw her shook her head.

"Don't be stubborn" he said, and patted his shoulder, indicating for her to lean on it. She put her head on his shoulder and he patted her back. He was surprised that she was crying silently, usually she really cries noisily. But this time, no sound was coming out from her.

After a while, she chuckled.

"Ya! What's funny?" he asked.

"Nothing. I just remembered. . . . This felt like the old times, doesn't it? Me, always leaning on you. I wonder when will you be leaning on me?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, it does feel like the old times"

"I missed those times. Speaking of old times, you never really told me everything about your past. And I mean EVERYTHING, before we met"

He sniggered. "I'm afraid you have to be part of my future to know everything about my past"

She pulled away from him. "Eh? What do you mean?" she asked, obviously confused.

He chuckled once more. "I guess you have to figure that out yourself"

"But, we'll still be seeing each other in the future, right? It means that I'll still be part of the future. So, you can tell me-"

"No. I can't believe you're this slow"

"Kyaa! I'm not slow, you just talk too much in riddles"

"If you say so"

He sighed. "You looked happy during the Encore, I never though that you. . ." his voice trailed off.

"Oh, well, I'm in front of the people, so I have to put a happy face. Beside, the almighty Bigbang leader won, what's not to be happy about?" she ranted.

Then, later. . . .

He started humming the melody of Butterfly.

"That's one of my favorite from your album" she said, smiling.

"Really?"

"Yes. It's actually part of my Top 5 Favorite Song in your album"

"It's one of my favorites,too. Tell me the rank of your top 5 songs"

"I won't tell you. I'm afraid you have to tell me your past first before I tell you my Top 5" she said, mimicking his voice.

He laughed.

"What's taking them so long?" Dara wondered, referring to the girls.

He just shrugged carelessly. He doesn't really care if thegirls take the whole night buying foods. He was content with what he was doing and where he was right now.

"Why are you looking so smug?" she asked, her eyes squinting just like what his eyes looks like when he's jealous. He chuckled. 'We really got a lot of similarities. Teddy hyung is so wrong with his observations'

"I took a picture of you while you were sleeping, it's on your phone"

"Omo" she took her phone from the table, panicking.

"Oh, I looked okay. I thought. . ." she stopped and looked at him suspiciously. "Can I see your phone?"

"Why?" he asked, trying hard not to smile.

"Kyaa! you used your phone, too, didn't you?"

"Why would I do that? It'll be such a waste of my phone's memory"

But she was still looking at him suspiciously. Then, she turned her gaze on her phone. "Hmmmm.. I wonder where YB is?"

"Why?"

"Well, it's just odd that he's not. . . Oh, well. Maybe he's just busy or something" she mumbled.

"You and Youngbae really grew close"

She smiled.

"Yes. He's the sweetest and kindest person on earth"

"Do you. . . Do you like. . . I mean, you and Younbae-"

"Youngbae" she said, then paused, a smile on her face. "Youngbae is really someone special. He's the big brother I never had, a brother I wish I had. He makes me feel relax sometimes, especially when I'm tired from working. When, I wanted to stop from doing this, but I know I can't because my family depends on me and this is my lifelong dream. I'm not really complaining about it, I'm actually happy that I'm the one giving them their needs, but there are times that I want that responsibility taken off from my shoulder, and Youngbae's been doing that lately for me"

"You can depend on me,too, like your. . . as a brother"

"But you're different" she said, smiling, which he found weird.

He swallowed hard. Is she trying to say that he, Kwon Jiyong can never be Dong Youngbae? That he can never replaced YB on his secured place in her life? That he can never amounts to what YB had given her?

"I think I should go" he said, standing up.

"Eh? But there are ghosts in here. I don't want to be alone"

He was about to say something when they heard the others arrived.

"Dara! We're here"

"Oh, Oppa, you're still here" Minzy exclaimed.

"Unnie, we got ramen for you" CL said, beaming at GD.

"oh, really? Thanks! Ah, CL-roo, so sweet to remember me"

"Actually, it was Op-" she started but GD flashed a warning in his eyes and shook his head.

"Eh?" Dara asked curiously.

Then, they heard someone ringing.

"I'll open it" Minzy volunteered.

"Youngbae!" Bom chimed.

YB smiled brightly.

"Hi!" he greeted. "Jiyong!"

GD tried to smile, but failed.

"Ya! YB! What are you doing here?" Dara said.

"I just thought to drop by. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Ji was really a good boy today" she said, chuckling. She looked at Gd, waiting for any sarcastic remarks or response, but he remained silent.

"Erm, since you're fine, I think I should get going now" YB said.

"Eh? So soon?"

"I'll drop by later if I can, I just got to check something in my room"

"i'll go with you" GD said. Then he put a cap on Dara's head. "That suits you"

Then, they left.

In Youngbae's dorm. . .

GD sat upon the couch while Taeyang was looking for something in his room.

"Ya! What's with the heavy face?"

"Huh?" he asked blankly.

YB chuckled. "What's wrong this time?"

GD hesitated. 'Should I tell him?'

"What if. . . Have you ever liked a girl that can never be yours?"

YB thought for a while, then sat beside him.

"Yeah, I did. But I chose my brother"

"Brother?" GD asked, confused.

"My friend,whom I treat as my brother is inlove with her, too. I chose him, I gave up my feelings for that girl ever since I found out that he's inlove with her,too"

GD was speechless. He always knew that YB is really kind and sweet, but he never expected that he's this kind. 'She's right. We're different' he thought.

"What happened to the girl and boy? Did they end up?"

He smiled. "I don't know. But I hope so" he whispered.

They were silent for a few seconds. Then, YB chuckled. "Where did that question come from anyway?"

"Uh, nothing. Just thinking of an inspiration for a new song"

Then, they heard a distant ringing. "Oh, I left my phone in my room" YB said, then stood up.

GD was left pondering on what YB said. 'Can I do the same?' he asked himself. Thn, his eyes wandered around and he saw one of YB's cap lying atop of pile of papers. He stood up and put it on his head, then something caught his eyes. The papers were covering the most of it, but the familiar wave of hair didn't escape his eyes. He removed the papers from the top and he gasped as he saw a few stolen pictures of Dara. She was either laughing or smiling at the picture. He looked at it each picture, and as he arrived at the last picture, an unknown feeling hit his stomach.

It was probably taken years ago because they still looked so young, it was a picture of the three of them: him, YB and Dara in the practice room. The picture showed that he and Dara was talking while YB was looking at them smiling. But it seemed like it was edited and reprinted because it looked so new, and there was a caption above their heads.

On his head, it says: "my brother"
On Dara's head: "my brother's girl and my favorite girl"
On YB's head: "this is me"

His fingers felt numb as he dropped the pictures and covered it with papers. He removed YB's cap from his head then turned towards the door.

"Ya! Are you going already?"

He didn't answer and just continued walking to the door.