The "Secret" Bet

The Hidden Love

“Ya! Ssandara Park! Stop crying already” CL whispered, who was also on the verge of crying.

Sniff sniff

 

“I’m sorry (*sniff sniff*) I can’t help it” Dara sobbed.

 

“Congratualtions, girls!” YB greeted who left the BB table and was now sitting in front of them.

 

“Thank you” the girls answered.

 

“Noona, you’ll get colds if you continue crying”

 

“Hehe. . Sorry, I’m just so happy I feel I can hug the President now” Dara answered, making the others laugh. She wiped her tears off.

 

 

“Ya!” Seungri took the mic, trying to get all the guests’ attention but to no avail. Everyone was just bust talking about the boss’ announcement. Well, except for 2NE!, Yanggaeng and YB, whose heads were turned to him.

 

“What is that pabo trying to do now?” CL asked in disbelief.

 

Seungri cleared his throat, but the others continued talking. But it didn’t seem to bring him down. He then turned his head towards 2NE1’s table then smiled.

 

‘Oh, this is embarrassing, but I have to start this’ he thought.

 

“Can I ask MY DARA noona for a dance? Not that I need to ask, I know my noona won’t be able to resist my charm because I’m the cutest and the best artist of YGE”

 

The others shook their heads in response.

YB, Minzy and Bom chuckled.

CL froze.

The rest of the BB members and boys straightened their backs, taking what the maknae as a challenge.

While Dara just stared blankly at the maknae.

 

“C’mon, my noona, it’s your birthday, you don’t have the right to say no” Seungri said, who was now in front of her.

 

“Ya! That’s not charm! That’s harassment” someone shouted that made a few people laugh.

 

Dara hesitantlystood up, a blush on her cheeks.

 

‘Oh, this is so embarrassing’ her mind screamed.

 

Seungri raised his hand and clicked his fingers.

 

“What an idiot” CL said.

 

Right then, a soft music played.

 

Later, every guy in the room danced with Dara already, except for GD and the President. Seungri watched how HIS noona danced with the guys. A few memorable dance he thought would stir HIS hyung to go up and ask her, like the time when she danced with Teddy and kept on laughing, that earned Seungri a LOT of dirty glares from CL, probably she was thinking it was his fault. Then, of course there’s the sweet dance with YB. She kept on smiling and blushing while they were talking. And now, it was TOP. Seungri can definitely feel the awkwardness between the two. Both of them had their heads turned the other side. TOP was so stiff, he looked like he wasn’t breathing anymore. He glanced at their leader who was eyeibg the two dancers carefully.

 

‘Aish!’ he thought, he then leaned on him. “Ya! Hyung, you’d better go save TOP hyung, looks like he’s not breathing anymore”

 

GD turned to him with eyes squinted into tiny slits. “This was your idea in the first place” he answered, “aish, do I always have to clean up your mess?”

 

But GD stood up anyways and started walking towards the two awkward dancers.

 

Meanwhile, YB saw GD approaching TOP and Dara. He hurriedly went to where the player was and changed the music, turning the volume up. As he glanced up, he saw GD looking at him. He just smiled and nodded.

 

As GD approached the two, the music started to change as a familiar strumming of guitar filled the room. He stopped then looked at where the music was coming from. He saw YB fiddling with the volume, then YB smiled at him and nodded.

 

‘YB knew’ he thought as his Butterfly song reached his ears. Without hesitation, he closed the distance and tapped TOP’s shoulders, who sighed in relief then immediately backed out.

 

He bowed a little to her, never breaking eye contact. Then, they started swaying softly side to side, barely stepping, staring into each other’s eyes, never speaking. Neither of them finds it appropriate for talks.; neither of them find there’s no need for words; neither of them wanted to break the silence. They just continued looking into each other’s eyes, as if seeking for something. But neither of them knew what to look for or if there is something to look for.

 

 

Meanwhile. . .

 

Seungri saw how Jina gripped her glass seeing the two dancing, not talking to each other, just looking into each other’s eyes. The girl brought the glass to her lips then emptied it in one go. She stood up.

 

‘Uh-oh’ Seungri thought

 

“Jina-ssi! Do you like to taste noona’s cake?” he asked, and not waiting for an answer, he grabbed her wrist then pulled her to the table where Dara’s cake was placed.

 

“I’m sure you’ll like this, coz this is my Dara noona’s cake”

 

‘Ah, hyung-nim, if you only knew what I’ve been doing for you, you’ll never treat me as your slave again’ Seungri added in his thoughts.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

TOP’s birthday. . .

 

“YB and Dara don't have a relationship” GD interfered.

 

After that, GD stared drinking his off.

 

Seungri sullenly watched as his hyungs drink. GD and TOP are usually the drinkers. So, when TOP stared snoring, it was something new. YB and Dae were also silently grunting in the corner, both of them leaning their heads on the wall with closed eyes.

 

“Ya! TOP hyung! What happened to you? You’re down already? Aish” GD laughed loudly. “Youngbae-ah, you’re not drunk yet, are you? Good, good. Let’s drink some more”

 

Seungri sighed as he watched GD laughing and chuckling to no particular reason.

 

“Ya! J-ah! Have you heard In or Out?”

 

Seungri closed his eyes as he heard GD giddily laughed. ‘Hyung, please don’t slip!’ the maknae silently prayed.

 

“Huh? J-ah asked blankly.

 

“Dara’s In or Out song! Have you heard it? No? Aish”

 

Seungri rolled his eyes out of embarrassment. Then, he heard his hyung cleared his throat and started singing at the top of his lungs with a very-high pitched voice.

 

“In or out! Am I in or out! In or out! Am I in or out?”

 

His hyubg laughed. “It’s cute, isn’t it? Funny, too” He turned to J-ah again. “Oh, have you seen the choreography of it? It’s cuter! Wait, I’ll show you”

 

‘Oh-mai-ghad!’ Seungri’s mind screamed as he watched GD staggering to stand up, laughing so hard that he fell back to the sofa.

 

“Ji, show me some other time, you’re drunk already.

 

“No, I’m not drunk, am I?” chuckles.

 

“Yes, you are. Now, let’s go to your room” the girl whispered. But the maknae heard it alright.

 

“My room?” GD asked blankly. “I’m not yet sleepy”

“Who said we’re going to sleep?”

 

“We? Not sleeping? What are we-?”

 

“Ah, look at the time!” Seungri suddenly exclaimed. He pulled the girl up, put both hands on her back, pushing her “a bit” towards the door.

 

“jina-ssi, a cute and pretty girl like you shoudn’t stay this late in the evening, You need your beauty sleep. I know you’re tired. I’m just a concern maknae, so I think it would be better if you go home and take a rest”

 

They reached the door, he opened it and pushed her outside.

 

“But-“

 

“Annyeong, Jina-ssi. Sweetdreams” he waved then closed the door on her stunned face.

 

“Whew! That was close” Seungri muttered.

 

“Is she gone already?” TOP asked the moment he returned, looking so widely awake, far from what he looked like a while ago.

 

He nodded.

 

“Good job, maknae” YB said, standing up then patted his head.

 

“What do you think happen? LQ?” Dae asked Seungri.

 

“I don’t know, either” he answered, looking at GD who was still singing In or Out and laughing pathetically.

 

“Ya! Did you know that Dara Park of 2NE1’s real name is SAN-DA-RA Park? Weird, isn’t it? Three syllables! Huh! Can you believe it? No wonder that girl’s so weird, she got a weird name. But very pretty…. And unique. One of a kind” GD’s voice faded, turning into a mumble as he fell asleep.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

But of course he can’t use that as a blackmail for the leader. . . At least for now.

 

 

Jina wasn’t really in the mood for a cake or something sweet. She wasn’t paying attention to Seungri either, who was ranting on and on and on while slicing a piece of cake for her.

 

‘A few more minutes’ she thought as her ears caught Ji’s Butterfly song. A few more minutes and the song will end. She’s been listening to it for eternity that she already knows when will it end. ‘Aish, are they planning to just stare at each other and dance with the whole song?’ she asked herself. Then, her eyes caught Dara’s cake. No, not really the cake, but the words written on it with pink icing.

 

Happy Birthday, Sandara

 

Then, she gasped as her eyes focused on the pink icing while her ears continued listening to the song. A dawn of understanding came across her face as she slowly smirked.

 

----->

 

Practice room. . .

 

The girls visited GD in the practice room in part of his preparation for his solo concert. And to no surprise, Dara saw Jina in the room, beside her was a bag full of foods, probably for Ji.

“Ah, here comes my favorite noona” Seungri teased Dara.

 

They watched him work. He really seemed to transform when he’s working. But not all the time of course. She remembered those fun times she had when they were still practicing Hello. She knows sooner or later, they’ll be practicing it again, and maybe adding a few twists here and there. Knowing him, he would probably want to show something new for his solo concert.

 

“He’s really working his off, ain’t he?” she heard Seungri muttered.

 

“G-dragon is G-dragon” she replied.

 

J-ah chuckled. “You sound so proud, Dara-ssi. Like how a mother sounds to her son”

 

“Who wouldn’t be proud to have a senior like him?” Dara smiled.

 

Later. . .

 

Seungri and CL can be seen bickering at each other again, something about Seungri said how Teddy was too old for CL while Minzy was watching the two, enjoying the bickerings. As for Bom, well, she was spacing out again.

 

“Who do you think will surrender first?”

 

Dara jumped in surprise upon hearing his voice. She turned her head and saw him wiping his sweat off with a towel. She looked around.

 

“Where’s Jina-ssi?” she asked.

 

“She’s just out, taking a call”

 

Oh”

 

She looked at Seungri and CL again then shook her head.

 

“I think our maknae will surrender first” GD said.

 

“Nah, I don’t think so. It’ll be CL-roo” she opposed.

 

“Huh? Really? Wanna have a bet?” he teased. She smiled confidently up at him.

 

“I’m going to win, you know”

 

“Let’s see” he answered.

 

“What will be the consequence then?” she asked.

 

“Hmm.. Let me think”

 

After a while. . .

 

“How about the loser spilling the deepesr secret to the winner?”

 

“Are you sure about that?”

 

“Neh” he confirmed.

 

“You’re gonna regret making this bet with me” she threatened.