Unexpected

The Hidden Love

He watched her entered the dorm. But he didn’t move an inch the moment the door closed in on him. It seemed like he was rooted to the spot. He just stood there and stared at it.. Then, the door opened a bit, her cute little head bobbing out, peering through the small space.

“Erm, thank you for, uh, well, goodnight” she said, then closed the door again. He smiled in amazement.

‘Yeah, she’s weird. It makes me fall for her more’ he thought. Then, the door opened again and for the second time, she peered through the small space.

“Oh, you’re still there” she mumbled mostly to herself but he heard her alright.

“Why, are you waiting for more to-“

“Oh no, I was just checking. . . .” her voice trailed away, then she continued. “Anyways, sweetdreams”

He let out an amused chuckle the moment the door closed again. He was about to turn around when he heard the door creaked open AGAIN. He stopped and stared at her.

“I think you should go now. Go on, go go” she said, shooing him with her hand. He shook his head. “I was about to, but you keep on checking on me. It makes me think that you want to go to the dorm with me” He finished with a smirk.

She opened then closed it again. Then, she shook her head. “You definitely need some sleep, you’re talking nonsense already. Now, go” she shooed again.

He turned around and started walking. Then, he took a glance behind him and saw her craning her neck, still looking at him. He shook his head and smirked. Then, he looked down at his hand. It felt so cold and empty now that he’s not holding her hand anymore. He sighed. ‘I should get used to this kind of feeling from now on’ he thought. He knew his time with her was almost done.

She watched his back as he went and disappeared. The moment she can’t see him anymore, she leaned her head and closed the door. Now, that she’s alone, she was able to think of the complications and consequences of this evening.

The kiss. Eventhough it wasn’t really on the lips, still, he kissed her near her lips! She can’t deny the happiness that kiss brought to her, considering that it was near her lips. She can’t stop herself thinking what would she feel if it was in the lips? She suddenly shook her head, as if to shake the thought off her head. But she got to admit, she was a BIT disappointed that it wasn’t on the lips.

The evening also brought a whole lot of confusion to her feelings for him. She frowned. Of course he was special to her, he was like her big brother, friend, protector. But now, her heart is telling her otherwise.

‘No, don’t feel that way’ her mind screamed to her heart. ‘It’s wrong’

Yes, it was SO wrong to fall for him.

He was a superstar. She was a rookie.

He’s a senior. She was a junior.

He’s a dongsaeng. She’s a noona.

They belonged to YG family. YG family should be a family, not like this.

Then, there are these other complications on the way.

The fans.

Her dreams.

His ambition.

Her family.

His music.

His life. .

No matter how hard she looked at it, these things will always be put on line and no matter how hard she think about it, it will always be HIM who will be greatly compromised.

Then, there’s this issue with their feelings. They never said they like each other or something like that. Then, she was pretty sure he still loves that girl. She saw it in his eyes. Both of them had bad experience with relationships. She was really afraid to take a risk with him.

The consequences. Mr YG gave her chance to this. She knew once the President found out about this, he will be disappointed and he can do something serious to both of them. She doesn’t want him to suffer because of her.
She sighed. But she can’t also deny the overwhelming happiness she felt this night; this one night with him. She knew something like this won’t last. But, she decided to just go along with the flow for the meantime. Even if it was just a game for him, she will treasure memories like this.

------->

It was one of those days where they would be hanging out at the practice room after practicing and working their butts off. They were in the midst of their preparation for the Dream Concert.

‘It’s been a while’ Youngbae thought as he laughed with the others, who were laughing their heads off at Daesung’s funny remarks joined by TOP, who’s gags are slowly returning. Then, there’s GD, who seemed to have acquired a new character that is, being a dork. He knew GD can be a dork at times but he noticed that he was on his next level of dorkiness nowadays. He can actually amount to Dae and TOP’s gags now. The others even started calling them “the ”. But, it was just one of the things he noticed on GD lately. Well, as for the other, he noticed the exchange of glances with HER has changed. Oh, yes, he already knows all about those secret glances before, but now was different.

The stares, looks, glances, gazes or whatever you want to call it was more. . . . . . . . INTIMATE than before.

And their smiles. . . .Both of them are giving each other a “knowing-smile” as if they both knew a secret, like their the only ones who knew about it. Those smiles would also make you think that both of them received the best news in the world.

He then shook his head. ‘I can’t believe they’re still flirting with each other at this rate’ he thought.

But the last thing he noticed was somewhat bothering him. The look on GD’s face when he’s not exchanging that flirty looks with her or everytime Dara was not looking at him creeps him out. That empty face, that faraway and dead look in his eyes could only mean one thing. . . But he doesn’t want to think that’s even possible. Just as he thought something was really off, he suddenly heard GD’s genuine laugh and saw his genuine smile.

He frowned. ‘Maybe I was just imagining things’

--------->

The Dream Concert. . .

It irritates him to see the “others” staring, no drooling over her. And it irritates him more to see her greeting them and smiling at some of them.

‘Gah!’ his mind screamed.

But then, his attention was diverted to Daesung. His brother seemed well enough compared to before, still he prays for his full recovery. He shouldn’t be worrying about her when there’s still a lot to think about. Just like Dae’s performance with them tonight. The truth is, all of them got teary eyes when they heard they’ll be performing onstage with Daesung. The feeling of being with your family or sharing the stage with the people you consider your family is overwhelming! But of course, he can’t also deny that no matter how hard he try not to think of her, she would always popped into his mind every now and then just like the stubborn person she was.
He was mentally scolding her for always poppong into his mind whenever and wherever he was.

‘Stupid, stubborn girl’ he thought.

And the harder he tries not to think of her, the more she tends to get inside his mind. And he solely blames that on her stubbornness.

“Youngbae!” he heard her calling YB.

He frowned. He just realized that she never called HIM on his full name, well except if she was agitated or mad or pissed or really happy. It was always GD or G-dragon or his most-loved nickname made by her, Ji.

‘Why’s that?’ he asked himself. He never thought about it before. Well, what to do but to ask her?

Then, he saw her talking with YB about caps.

Then, the show began.

He was watching on the monitor for the performances. Then, he smiled as the others cheered upon hearing CL’s intro in Fire.

Then, others things got forgotten the moment he went onstage with his brothers.

‘It’s been a while’ he thought.

At the backstage, the others were having goosebumps watching the boys, the five of them together onstage again, and Dae giving his all for the performance. There were even a few who got teary eyed as they watched the boys. They did come a long way, in terms of music, popularity, charms, skills but most especially, the friendship and the bond was something no one could ever break.

Or so they thought.

They were on their way home. . .

GD was staring out the window, keeping the disappointment to himself for not being to talk to her that much. The others were goofing around again, especially TOP, SeungRi and Dae. Looking at Daesung right now, one can not imagine that he was still recovering and he was involved in an accident. But of course, YB was his usual silent “laugher” and “smiler” self again.

Then, he suddenly jerked up in his seat as he saw someone through the window. He felt an electric shock being jolted through his body as he saw her physique. It’s been years since he last saw her but he was 100% sure it was her. He his seat as the car passed by her, his heart started beating fast as he realized where she could have been. She was walking away from the direction they’re heading.

‘Impossible! She’s. . . Could it be. . .? But how?”’ he thought.

“Ya! Is there something wrong?”

“Huh?” he answered blankly.

“You’re pale and sweating. Are you okay?” YB inquired.

“I’m just. . . tired.”

Upon arriving home, he was surprised to see his mom waiting anxiously for him.

“Someone was looking for you. She said she thought you’d be here after your performance in the concert” his mom said. He looked at his mom quite uncomprehendingly.

Then, no need for words to be asked, his mom nodded. “Yes, she said she went and watched the concert. The moment you were finished performing, she immediately went here”

“We. . .I-I.. We(YG crew) hanged out a while so I wasn’t able to get home as soon as the performance was done” he said.

“I told her to come back some other time”

After a few seconds. . .

“Son, are you alright?”

“I don’t know” he whispered.