Bandage

The Hidden Love

YB punched the wall several times. He didn't care if he was already bleeding. All he know is that he wanted to feel physical pain so he can forget other pain that was crippling him more than his bleeding hands. He leaned his forehead against the wall as he cried out the pain that seemed to be planning to stay for a long time. Then, slowly, he started to relax a little. After a moment of heavy breathing, he took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Hello, hyung?” he asked.

“Yeah? It's late, why did you call?”

“I need your help. Can we talk tomorrow?” he asked.

What about?” Se7en asked.

“I'll tell you tomorrow”

As soon as the call ended, he went back to his dorm. He saw her silently sleeping. He pulled a chair and took a seat, watching her. She looked so tragically beautiful in her sleep. If only there's something he can do. . .

The next morning. . .

He jerked awake as he heard a faint sizzling sound from afar. He looked at his bed and found it empty. He immediately run outside. But he stopped as he saw a tiny figure of a girl in the kitchen with her back facing him. Then, the girl turned around with a plate in her hand. Upon seeing him, she tried to smile but failed.

“Oh, Youngbae-ah. You're awake! Are you hungry?” she asked in a monotone voice.

“Oh, uh, wait, I have to go to the bathroom first” he said, remembering that he hasn't wash his face nor brush his teeth.

When he reached the bathroom and was about to turn the faucet, his eyes caught the sight of his hands for the first time. They were wrapped in bandage. He smiled.
'Unbelievable girl' he thought.

When he was done, he went back to her. She was finished preparing the food. They ate in silence. After eating, they still remained silent. Then, to his surprise, she started telling him what happened. And just as he feared, she broke into pieces.

---->

“I heard Taeyang oppa's hesitant to fly to Japan because he's worried about unnie”

Dara continued pretending that she was asleep. How many days has it been? How many days has she been moving like a lifeless body? Like she was physically present but mentally, emotionally and spiritually absent. If she was to be followed, she wanted to remain that way. But after hearing that the girls worried voices and that she was somehow being a burden to YB, a changed of plan formed in her mind. But not entirely, she haven't told the girls what really happened, and she trust YB that he won't tell it to them either because as far as she knows, the girls don't know about her and GD.

'Starting today, 2NE1's mascott Park Dara is jumping back' she thought as she continued listening to the girls' anxious and worried voices.

---->

“Annyeong!” she greeted happily as she entered the exercise room. She felt the girls were surprise by her sudden change. “Oh, Youngbae-ah! You're here, too! That's good, that's good” she beamed then took the boxing gloves from the corner.

“Why don't you hold the punching bag for me, eh? I doubt any of the girls will be able to stand against my strength”

“Unnie, oppa doesn't have to hold that for you. With that thin body of yours, I doubt if the the punching bag would even move an inch” CL sternly said.

And so, Dara the mascot came back. Probably because she doesn't want to be a burden to anyone. Probably because she doesn't want HIM to see that she was a mess after the incident in the hallway. Probably because she doesn't want others to worry about her or probably because she felt guilty everytime she sees pain in YB's eyes just because she was also in pain.

She allowed herself to think of things over. Everything happened so fast, just like a blink of an eye. In a weird way, she was thankful that she saw the “kiss” scene between GD and Jina first before the “hallway” event happened. It would have been harder and more painful if they were doing fine before that event happen. She knew she had to face him soon. And honestly, she's not ready yet, especially after she realized her long-denied feelings for him. Her mind denied it for so long probably because of fear, of her trust issues. And it was funny how the timing of admitting to herself that she loves him a bit off. But she have to be ready. Especially his solo concert is fastly approaching. She would definitely see him again soon. As of this moment, she doesn't know what her reaction will be when they see each other again. She's also curious of how he will act when he sees her. But probably, he'll just act that nothing happened. She sighed and thought of giving herself a last gift for this year. In his concert, she would treasure each moment, even if it will mean she'll be crushed one more time.

The sound of her phone's beep brought her back to earth. When she read the message, she smiled a little. It was from YB. She was lucky to have a friend like him. And even luckier that he considers her as one of his friends. He was always ready to fix things up for her. These past days, he's been flying back and forth to Korea and Japan. He said he's just worried about his solo activities in Korea that's why he kept on coming back almost everyday. But she had a feeling that it's not the entire reason. She had a feeling he's just checking up on her.

-------->

INKIGAYO. . .

“She's spacing out again” CL heard YB muttered. She looked at her sunbae and followed his gaze. Her eyes landed upon the scattered-brain Ssantokki. YB was right, she got the blank eyes again, like her soul left her body and wandered around when a while ago, she was just goofing with them.

“She tends to be like that when she's alone and no one's talking to her” she said. Then, she decided to call her. “Ya! Dara unnie!”

The girl approached them. “Why don't we put your presence into something useful, eh?” CL joked. “Here take my phone and be our photographer for today and prove that you are indeed a fan of CL-roo” the leader instructed.

And so, the picture taking began. CL secretly gave YB a smug smile.

“Aigoo! Aigoo! Look, I'm the best photographer ever! Look at this photo! It's very well taken”

“Let me see” the leader extended her hand for the phone, then the others crowded around the leader to take a better look. Dara's lips curved in a satisfactory smile upon seeing the leader's nod of approval.

“You should take a new career” she heard YB said. She glanced at him.

“I just remembered, we really don't have any photos together” she said, then turned to CL. “Ya! CL, why don't you return the favor and take pictures of me and Youngbae?”

“Since when did you see an idol took a photo of her fan?”

“Ya!”

“Minkki, take our photo-”

“Fine, fine. I'll take it” CL said and took Dara's phone.

“Okay, Youngbae-ah, let's do hiphop poses first”

Later. . .

“Fierce poses”

Later. . .

“Cute poses”

And so it continued on and on..

“Not bad, CL-roo. Your skills in photo taking's improving” Dara said as she sits down beside YB.

“You're really a scattered-brain person” the leader said that made the others laugh.

“Hey, why don't we take some selcas in my phone, too?”

Dara chuckled lightly upon hearing the hesitancy in YB's voice. “Sounds a good idea to me” she chirped. And so, another Dara-YB photo session started.

“Omo!” Dara laughed out loud. “You're the worst photographer, dongsaeng! You didn't tell me you wanted to take a photo of the wall. Aish!! Haha.. Aigoo! I think we should sit closer so our face s won't be cut off. Ya! Why are you looking at me like that?”

YB smiled. “Did I just hear you laugh?”

“Aishh.. C'mon, let's take improve your photo taking skills”

------->
'It's been a long time' Dara thought as she slowly walked towards the edge of the rooftop. It's been a long time since she last came here. She closed her eyes and smiled, inhaling the familiar scent of the cold, night air. Then she opened her eyes slowly to look at the stars. She was glad that the girls slept in early today, especially the two maknaes, who were probably tired because of the training and their performance last Sunday. As much as she was scared to be left alone, tonight was different. She felt she needs time alone. A time for herself. And this is the perfect place to have some time alone without disturbance. She shivered as a gush of wind blew her way. Instinctively, she hugged herself tightly and rubbed her arms with her hands.

“You're really the most stubborn girl that ever stepped into this world”
It looks like she's not going to have her time alone because she's not the only occupant of the rooftop tonight.