A "Surprise" Request

The Hidden Love

 It was a bit awkward for him after the incident in the dorm. At first, he was all locked up in his own world, there was always a distant look in his eyes and he can't even look at YB nor Dara's eyes after that. For a while, he was a bit down, it was very rare for him to laugh or even crack up the smallest smiles. He was torn. A side of him is telling him that he should give up, because itseemed like she likes YB, too. But the other side of him says, he should continue because Yb already gave her up for him. But it looks like the other side is winning. He doesn't really wants to take anything from YB, he loved that guy like his brother! And there's this issue with the President. For a while, he was really saddened and confused on what to do.

'If I'm going to give her up, I should make the most of my time with her' he thought. That's why he thought of her birthday. He doesn't want to give her just something. He wants to do something for her, just like what she did on his birthday. And as far as he know, she got 2 major wishes.

1. To release 2NE1's album and perform a concert in the Philippines
2. To perform on stage with him.

The second wish was the closest to possibility since they did a song together. And most of all, the plans of his own concert.

-FLASHBACK-

He arrived at the office with unease.

"Oh, you're here already. Take a sit" the President motioned to the chair.

He complied.

"We're planning for a solo concert for you this year or maybe early next year. But-"

"Is it possible to held the concert on November?" he asked, brightening up.

Mr. YG looked at him and was silent for a while.

"Yes, it is possible," he said slowly, "but I have to think about it. I don't want a rush concert, the quality of the performance might be compromised. But if you want, I can think about it"

He sat there for a while.

"I got a request or a favor to ask" he said. He's been practicing this line for quite a while.

"Hmmmm?"

"Is it possible to release 2NE1's album in the Philippines?"

A look of understanding came to the President's face. He sighed.

"We've talked about this Jiyong. You still remember that, don't you?"

"Yes. But, can you just think it over? The company will also benefit from this"

The President was silent once again.

"I'll think about it. But, what if I say yes, will I get something in return from you?"

GD answered immediately. "Yes, you can ask me whatever you want"

Mr. YG chuckled then shook his head.

"You misunderstood me. I want YOU to decide for yourself on what are you willing to give in return for this favor of yours"

GD was silent as the words dawned in on him. He only knew one thing that would make the President agree to what he was requesting.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

He went to 2NE1's practice room. Thet were training at the meantime, so, he quietly sat in a corner and watched them.

When, they were given a break, he called Dara.

"I've been thinking, what-"

"Omo, that's a newsflash! Kwon Jiyong, Bigbang's leader is-"

"Stop fooling around will you?"

"Okay, fine. What were you thinking?"

"I've been thinking to do steps on Hello, just for fun"

"Eh? But why would you do that? Aren't you busy for your other songs? And besides, I'm quite a busy trainee, too"

"Don't be such a spoilsport. I think it would be fun"

"Why. are you planning to perform that onstage? Or even make an MV?"

"No, there are-"

"Then why make a choreography for it?"

He sighed exasperatedly. It was already hard for him to lie and make it sound like he just wants to 'have fun', but she was making it even harder. 'Why can't she just simply agree?' he thought.

"You're so stubborn" he whispered?

"Eh?"

"Nothing" he said.

He saw her sighed. "Fine. Have it your way, then" she said.

Then they resumed training. He stayed there, watching her intently, memorizing every move, every expression. A sad smile appeared on his face.

For the next few days, he's been constantly going to the practice room. And during breaktime or free time, he and Dara started practicing for Hello. He smiled as they were singing with the song, he remembered the day he wrote this one. He was thinking about their first meeting, how they met and what happened for the next months after meeting her when he wrote this song.

While practicing Hello, he tried to forget everything that is bound to happen soon. And he did it successfully, with Dara's help of course. She never fails to make him laugh. He was surprised by himself, too as he was overly funny himself that she always laugh out hard,too.

 

---------->

There was a little party for Teddy's birthday.

Everyone was having fun of course. He was sitting with the other Bigbang members and staffs. She was sitting with 2NE1 on the other table.

He saw Teddy circulating around and stopped at where her table was. He saw she said something to Teddy, that made the latter throw his head from laughing, the others in the table laughed,too.

 

After a while, they were all finished eating and now they were just circulating around, talking, socializing, drinking wine.

He drank a few glasses already, but he wasn't drunk.

He went to where she was sitting, her back was facing the wall, the chair next to her was unoccupied, probably the person went somewhere or socializing.

Minzy and Bom was seated in front of Dara. He sat.

"Hey" he greeted.

He talked with Minzy and Bom first, pretending that he's not really paying attention to Dara that much since she was not talking too much, but he glances at her once in a while. Then, without warning, he took her hand from her lap, that was under the table. He was really grateful for the location of her chair and the long tablecloth, in that way, no one will know that they were holding hands under the table.

He heard her gasp as he took her hand. In his peripheral vision, he saw that she looked at him with a surprise expression, but he ignored her and kept talking to Minzy and Bom. He clasped her hand with his and squeeze it lightly.

And to his surprise, she never pulled it back.

The night passed by with laughter in that particulaer table. Two person seemd so hyped up that they kept on throwing jokes that never fails to make the other two occupants in that table to laugh.

'That' right. Just this night, be mine' he thought. 'Just this once'

He squeezed her hands again, as if afraid that any moment, she will be taken away from him, like what would happen sooner or later; like what was meant to be. Her, away from him.