A Kiss Of Freedom

The Hidden Love

“What's happening to you?” she asked.

“Nothing. I'm just happy”

She smiled. Seeing him happy like this makes her happy, too. Even if it was because of Jina.

“Something good must have happened between you and Jina, huh?”

He pulled back, a frown on his face. “What ate you talking about?”

A phone beeped. “That's mine” Dara said, grabbing her phone from his hold. She opened the message. “Oh, they said break's over. I've got to go”

“Do you really have to go?” he asked.

“Of course I have to! “

“Why don't we sneak out instead?”

He wiggled his eyebrows playfully at her while she gave him an incredulous look.

“Why would I do that?”

“For fun? C'mon Dara, get a life sometimes”

She gave him a suspicious look. “You're up to something, aren't you? And you want me to get into trouble. Huh! You can't fool me, Ji. I'm smarter than you” she proudly said.

“Okay fine” he answered. “Go back to the practice room. You're so boring sometimes”

GD was rambling while going to the other practice room where he's been rehearsing. As he turned around the corner, he bumped into someone.

“J-ah! I'm sorry. I didn't see you”

“It's alright. I brought you your favorites, by the way.” she said, lifting the bag of foods.

“Oh, really? Wow! Thanks!” He rummaged through the seven containers, opening each of it, searching for something he thinks is nutritious to eat.

“What are youdoing?” she asked.

“I'm just looking for something to give Dara” he mumbled absentmindedly. Upon seeing what's inside each seven containers, he chose three of the most nutritious he could think of.

“Wait, I'll just give these to her” he said then run back to the girls' practice room.

------->

Jina was silently sitting in a corner as she watched him work. Later on, he said he needs to go to the comfort room. She just nodded then smiled. When he was out of sight already, she sighed. Then, his eyes strayed on his phone silently sitting beside her. She looked around, making sure that no one's looking. She discreetly took his phone and immediately went to the gallery section. Her fingers confidently entered a code upon reaching the coded folder, and voila! It finally opened.

Later in the evening. . .

“ji, I have to go”

“Oh, is that so? I'm sorry if I can't send you home, I've got a lot of work to do” he apologetically said.

She smiled. “It's alright. I understand. And besides, I already fulfilled my purpose here” she said, lifting the now empty bag.

GD watched her go. It pains him to see her exit that way. He sighed. He really needs to set out things soon.

Later. . .
They finished a bit late than expected. He went ahead of the crew. As he was outside the practice room, for some reason, his feet seemed to drag him towards the girls' practice room. As he reached it, he silently turned the knob. He peeked inside. Surprisingly, the lights were still open and a music was playing on the background. And then, he saw her. There she was, working her head off hard again. He looked at his watch and frown, seeing that it was late for her to keep on practicing.

'Is she trying to kill herself with exhaustion?' he asked himself. With that thought, he stormed inside the room.

“YA! SANDARA PARK!” he shouted. The poor girl j umped in surprise and gave a squeak of fright. She then clutched her chest with relief as she saw who it was.

“What do you think are you doing?” he stormed again., closing the distance between them.

“Ya! Why are you shouting? She shouted back.

Upon reaching her, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her along with him.

“Don't you know how much electricity costs these days? And have you any idea of it's effects to the environment? And yet, here you are, wasting it” he lectured, shaking his head while still dragging her with him as he circled the room and turned off the player and lights.

“But I'm practicing!”

“Practice time is over! You should learn how to conserve energy. No more late practices for you, you're consuming too much electricity” he scolded.

“Ya! Look who's talking! You work late at night, too!”

They were now in the hallway. She tried pulling her wrist from his grasp but he won't budge.

“Wait!”she shouted, pulling him back to the practice room after failing to pull away from his hold several times.

“What” he asked, turning his head to her.

“I need to go back to the practice room”

“No. I told you, no more late practices for you. Why are you being so stubborn? Aish, no wonder you're so thin and-”

“I left my things!” she cut off, starting to get impatient.

“Oh! Why didn't you tell me earlier?” he asked,dragging her back to the room. He took her backpack and secured it in his back.

Once they were outside the building, he let go of her hand and walked confidently ahead of her, knowing that she'll follow because he got her things safely on his back.
Meanwhile, Dara was silently trailing behind GD, a pout on her lips as she childishly followed him.

'What's wrong with him, now? Aish! He's so unpredictable' her mind ranted.

She was worried for her performance for the upcoming awards show that's why she's working hard to make it as close to perfection as she can. Then, she suddenly remembered YB. They've been working together in the practice room late at night these pasterns. He was helping her in a way. YB would probably be surprise to see that she's not there. She stopped. Since GD was walking ahead of her, he'd probably won't notice she'd be gone. Never mind her things, she can get it from him tomorrow, anyways. What was she doing wasting her time out here when there's still so much to do. With that thought, she turned around and slowly walked back to the building. She already took five or six steps when she heard him.

“Ya! Sandara Park! Where do you think are you going?”

She froze. Without looking back, she broke into a run. At first, she did want to go back to the practice room but after hearing him shouting for her and chasing after her, she changed her mind and decided to . She giggled hard as she turned around the corner and saw a perfect place to hide, she scooted and silently wait for him to pass by, trying her very hard to suppress her giggles. Time ticked but there was still no sign of him. She frowned as she stood up, turning back in the corner to look for him. But the streets were empty except for a two or three cars passing by.

'Where'd he go?' she asked herself.

“Looking for me?” someone said from behind.

“Oh!” she squeaked. She turned around and saw her standing there with a smirk on his face.

“How'd you get there?” she asked in disbelief.

“Why'd you do that in the first place?” he asked back.

“I was trying to escape, obviously”

He turned serious. “You can't escape me, Dara” he solemnly said. “You can try, but you can never will”

“And why's that?” she asked, hands on either side of her waist.

“Because I won't let you” he quietly answered.

She was having goosebumps from what she's hearing. He sounded so serious and there was something by the way his eyes looked that he was telling the truth. But she shook it off.

“Is that a challenge? Rabbit's are really fast, you know”

He just shrugged and took her wrist again, dragging her back to the direction they were heading a while ago.

“Where are we going anyway?” she asked.

“Han river” he simply answered.

“Again?”

“Why, do you have some other place in mind?” he asked in return, not looking back at her.

“No, but it's cold out there” she reasoned.

“I'll be your jacket then”

She was quiet for a while, just letting him drag her.

“What are we going to do there, anyways?”

No answer.

“Ya! I'm talking to you!”

Still, no answer.

“Ya! G-dragon!”

“Shush! I won't talk to you 'til we reach the place. This is your punishment for running away from me”

Han river. . .

“Now what?” she asked.

“Sit” he ordered.

“She stubbornly stared at him while he just gave her a pointed look. After a few seconds of staring battle,she gave up.

“Fine” she mumbled. She sat on the ground, facing the body of water. Upon seeing her obediently sitting on the ground, GD settled himself behind her. His arms wrapped around her lightly.

“What are you doing?” she asked as she felt him hugged her from behind.

“Being your jacket, what else?”

“You're not really a very effective jacket. I'm still cold” she complained.
He hugged her a bit closer. She pouted.

“I didn't feel any difference. I'm still cold” she rambled again. Then she heard him sigh as his arms wrapped around her tighter and pulled her closer to his body, it was so close that she can feel his warm breath blowing against her cheek.

“Betterment” she mumbled. He chuckled lightly.

You could have just asked me to hug you tighter simply, no need to ramble”

“I'm not rambling”

“If you say so”

SILENCE. . .

“Are we going to wait and watch the sunrise again?” she asked.

His head was thrown back as he barked out a laugh. “Why do you sound so expectant? Expecting for something, hmmm?” he teased, resting his chin on her right shoulder.

“Of course not! I was just asking” she answered defensively.

“I see that you're being defensive tonight”

“I am not” She blushed as she did sound defensive again.

“Yeah, right” he sniggered.

“That tickles” she suddenly said indifferently.

“What does?”

“Your breath! I can feel the breath coming out from your nose and mouth because you're breathing against my neck! Aish! Do you really have to breath through your mouth?”

“You're so noisy tonight” he noticed.

“I am not”

He just chuckled.

They remained silent for a few minutes until she can no longer take it. She cleared . “You haven't answered my question yet”

“What question?” he inquired.

“Are we going to wait for the sunrise?”

“No we won't” he answered, chuckling upon hearing that expectant tone in her voice.

“Why?” she asked.

“Because you still got a lot of work to do, plus your rehearsals and trainings”

“So?”

“So,” he emphasized, “You're forbidden to stay late”

“Says who?”

“Says me” he answered.

“But why?”

Because you easily get tired that's why you need a lot of rest”

“I'm not that weak” she defended herself.

“I know you're not”

“Then why am I forbidden?”

“Aish! Why are you being so stubborn? And since when did you like watching the sunrise? Or you just want me to kiss you again?” he laughingly teased. He was expecting a quick “no” from her in a defensive and defiant tone but the laughter died in his throat as she remained silent. With heart beating fast, he glanced at her and saw a blush crawled her cheek.

“Dara?” he uncertainly asked. When she didn't answer, he reached out for her chin in between his fingers and turned her head towards him. Upon seeing the look of confirmation in her eyes, his hesitation and doubts vanished as his head swooped down towards her for the second time. Just like before, his lips reached for hers. But something has changes. No, everything changed. Everything was different. Their first kiss sometime ago was deep, soft, warm and gentle. But this time, he took a risk in delving deeper into as his tongue conquered hers. And she seemed to be doing the same because unlike before, he can feel a bit of aggressiveness from her as her fingers caught the hairs at the back of his head, pulling him closer to her. This time, it washer who made the move of angling her head to give him better access to her lips as her lips followed his lead to a music that only the two of them can hear. He pulled back gently not because he wanted to end the kiss but because he was surprised and confused by her aggressiveness.

“Dara, are you al-?”

The rest of his words died down as she advanced on him. And this time, she took the lead as it was her lips that covered his and her tongue invaded his.

Much, much later. . .

He was silently resting his chin on her shoulder again, until he fell asleep.

“Who am I in your life, Ji?” she asked. She waited, but then she heard his faint snores. She chuckled.

'He always fall asleep when he's with me. Aish! Do I look like a bed or a pillow?'she thought. But then, she let him sleep, knowing that he needs it badly.

An hour and a half later. . .

“Ji, wake up” she shook him gently, nudging him a little. When he didn't budge, she tried again, with a bit of a force this time.

“Hmm?” he mumbled., hugging her tight.

“Wake up, we have to go home”

----->

They were walking back to the dorm when her phone rang. She looked for it in her backpack that Ji was still carrying.

“Omo!”she exclaimed before answering the call.

“Hello, Youngbae-ah? I'm sorry! Are you still there?”