Security Code

The Hidden Love

“Wow! That was something!” J exclaimed, catching her breath.

“Yes, it was something” GD agreed, gasping for breath, too.

They were settled in a corner of an ice skating rink. They just caused a riot on the place with all the chasing they did. And eventhough it was cold, both of them felt warm.

“Ah, I wish I don't have to cover my face like this” he voiced out, lowering his scarf and pulling his beanie back a little. “I probably look stupid wearing SUNglasses when it's not even daytime”

She chuckled. “Do you want to get into trouble? And besides, we won't be having our privacy if the fangirls recognized you”

“I guess not” he answered back lightly. “Maybe we should try skiing some other time, too”

He looked at her when he didn't hear any response from her. As he did, he saw her wrinkling her nose a bit.

“Ah, so I see you're not a fan of skiing, eh?”

“Not really. I told you this before. But I would love to go with you, of course. It's just that I got a lot of embarrassing memories with skiing” she chukled lightly.

“Really?”

“Yeah, to sum it all up, I just hate falling down on the snow then struggle standing up”

“Aaaahhhh”

She laughed. “Ya! What's with that reaction? You haven't experience falling down on the snow, have you? Huh! Lucky you. You should have heard the others whining when they fall down, especially falling face-down”

He chuckled, then cleared his throat. “Actually, I did”

“Really? That's new. It's refreshing to know that there is something you're not that good at”

“Hey, it's not really my fault if Dara can be so stubborn sometimes”

“Sandara-ssi?”

“Yeah” he smiled. “Me and some of the YG trainees went skiing way back. Sandara was telling some joke to the other trainees. She was laughing so hard to her own joke that she stumbled down the snow, first. We told her to get up knowing how weak her endurance is, but she just lied there, making angel-wings with her arms. I tried pulling her up to get up, but she pranked me. Instead, she pulled me down so hard I fell face down beside her” he recounted then shook his head. “She can be so childish most of times”

“I can imagine your annoyed face after what she did”

“Oh, that's nothing to what she did next” he paused, then continued. “She leaned her elbow on the back of my head for support in standing up. I swear, my face got all swollen from being buried deep in the cold”

He heard her sharp intake of breath. “She shouldn't have done that! You could have experienced frostbite!”

“I kinda got my revenge, though. And besides, she also make it up to me by preparing me a hot chocolate and a soup . I made her feel guilty so much that she ended up taking care of me like I'm a terminally-ill diseased person”

“That was your revenge?”

“Oh, not. That was different. There was a time during our stay there that all of us had snowball fight. I kept on throwing mine to her. And my timing was always perfect because everyime she tries to throw the snowball, she would shout 'kyaa' first. And everytime she does that, I always aim for that's hanging open. You should have seen her face. And the funny thing was, all her snowballs never reached me, it was always halfway. Ahh.. She's-”

“She really is something” she cut.

“I guess so” he chuckled, adding a humor to his voice.

She smiled, took his his hand and linked them together.

“Let's skate again” she said, pulling him close to her as they skate to the middle.

Later. . .

Dara: Ya!
Dara: Errr. . 
Dara: Ji!
Dara: Eh?
Dara: Ya! Kwon Dragoon!

He sighed. The messages were sent three hours ago. He keyed in a message as he prepared himself for sleep.

GD: Hey. . .Sleep well

He set his phone aside, not expecting any response from her since it's already late and he knows she's already sleeping. So he was surprised to hear his phone beep. As he opened his phone, he found out it wasn't from Dara.

J: Just arrived home. Thanx 4 giving me a wonderful time! Sleeptight, Ji.. And, oh, gudmorning :)

------>

He tapped his foot on the floor repeatedly as he waited impatiently for the door to open. He looked at his watch and pressed the buzzer again.

After a minute or so, it finally opened. As it did, a boyish smile was perfectly on place.

“Omo! G-dragon sunbae-nim! What are you doing here?”

He grimaced with her greeting.

“Why do you look so shocked?”

“Err, I wasn't expecting you” she murmured.

“Noona” GD heard someone calling her from the inside. She turned her head the same time he craned his neck to see who she was with.

“I have to-” YB stopped, seeing him. “Oh, hey. I thought you said you'll be going to YG building?”

“I've been there already. The girls told me that Dara was alone here. . . “ he shrugged.

“Oh, how're the girls doing?”

“They're doing fine” he answered, looking at Dara who was not looking at him.

“Oh. Well, noona, I have to go and pack some things for the flight”

She smiled. “Don't bring too much caps with you, okay?”

YB chuckled. “Sure thing” He then waved goodbye to the both of them.

GD stood there in front of her while she was still holding the knob of the half-opened door.

SILENCE. . .

“I'm flying off to Japan with the boys t-”

“I know. Youngbae told me”

SILENCE AGAIN. . .

'Why do I feel like I betrayed him or something? Aisshh...' Dara thought.

“Err, what do you want?”

“What was YB doing here?”

“He just dropped by, then we had some talk”

“What kind of talk?”

“About some certain things”

SILENCE. . .

“What kind of things?”

“Secret”

SILENCE AGAIN. . . .

She waited. But he just stood there, not speaking nor moving. She knew from his look that he's thinking deeply about something.

“Uhm, do you want to come in?”

“If you want me to” he quietly answered, then added in a shrug, “and if you let me”

She frowned a bit, wondering what's wrong with him as she opened the door wide enough for him to enter. She walked slowly ahead of him, heading for the living room. She was so tempted to stop, look back and see what his expression was because it was unusual for him to be this quiet. But she stopped herself.

“Are you going to miss me even a bit? Because I will.. So much”

She stopped then rolled her eyes. She was sure he was teasing her again. Her brain quickly came up with a sarcastic answer and a smirk curved her lips as she turned around, expecting to see his smile, teasing expression and the playfulness in his eyes. She was about to open for her attack, but she stopped, the smirk disappeared and the words caught in as she finally saw his face. A pained longing and the gentlest expression greeted her. And the way his eyes looked at her, it was as if she was the most important and precious human being in the world.

'Ya! Sandara Park! Get a grip of yourself! Stop imagining things' a side of her mind scolded her heart as it start beating fast. But deep inside her, she felt her heart smiled.

They stood there, looking into each other's eyes, seeking answers to unspoken and unknown questions.

'Oh, puh-leeze, don't stare at me like that! You're making me fall-' her mind stopped continuing the thought, rejecting it.

'No, no, no! Erase that thought! Delete!' she told herself.

Suddenly, Dara felt he was being pulled and the next thing she knew, she was cradled in his arms.

“Ahh, Sandara” he muttered against her hair, hugging her tighter.

“J-ji. . .I-I c-cant breath!”

She felt him loosen his hold, but the intensity was still there. For some reason , she didn't find it right to push him nor it even crossed her mind. She inhaled his familiar scent, loving how it clings to her nose. Then, she felt his lips brushed against her forehead gently.

'Omo! He kissed me again! Kyaa!!' a side of her mind rejoiced, joined by the beating of her heart.

“Behave yourself while I'm gone, okay?” he whispered.

Impulsiveness seemed to be taking control over GD.

First, he blurted out some stupid, not to say cheesy words to her.
Second, he pulled her out of nowhere then hugged her tight.
Third, he kissed her on the forehead.

'I'm out of my mind. Maybe I should send myself to a mental facility' he thought.

His phone suddenly ring. He took it without letting go of Dara.

“J-ah” he greeted.

Dara's breath hitched 'I knew it! He was just teasing me' she thought as she let herself go out of his arms.

When the call ended, she asked him. “Is she going with you?”

“Who?”

“Jina-yah”

“Oh, no. She said she's busy with work”

“Oh, I see”

----->

JAPAN. . .

“J-ah!” GD exclaimed as he opened the door.

“Surprise!” she greeted.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were busy? Where are you staying? When did you arrive, anyway?”

“Whoa, hold your horses. I'm glad you're happy to see me. I arrived this morning and I'm staying not far away from here” she winked, “but can I come in first? I brought some foods for you”

She held two bags up.

“That's a lot! Thanks” he muttered as he took the bags out of her hands and motioning her inside.

“Some of it are for the boys”

“Oh, and I thought I'm the only one” he teased that made her laugh.

“Ya! Hyung-nim, who're you talking-” Seungri entered, then stopped as he saw the visitor, his mouth forming a big “O”.

“Annyeong” the girl greeted.

“Annyeong” he greeted back.

Later. . .

J wiped some tears off her eyes as she watched the two going to their alter egos: Tom and Jerry

“Why don't you just go and deliver some of the foods to the others?” GD scornly said.

“Ah, hyung-nim, I'm really-”

“I'll do it” she represented.

“Aniyo!” GD shook his head, then looked dangerously at Seungri. “Ya! Seungri-ah!”

“Okay, okay, I'm going already” Seungri stood up lazily, mumbling to himself as he took the foods for the others. She chuckled as she heard Seungri mumbling to himself. And as he passed by her, she caught the words “loyal” and “Sandara noona” in between his sentences.

“Sorry about that” GD said apologetically as the door closed, oblivious to the maknae's mutterings.

“It's okay. You two are actually fun to watch”

“You think so?”

“Yes” she chuckled. “But I pity him though. You're pretty good in 'word' wars. He looked so beaten, verbally”

“Huh! Don't pity him! I actually consider myself lucky right now because Dara's not here” shakes head.

“What do you mean?”

“Dara and him usually teams up to beat me up. You should have seen those times when I was verbally harassed by those two. On second thought, I'd rather you don't see that. It would be embarrassing on my part”

She gave a heartily laugh. “That's quite impossible to believe”

He grunted. “Well, I always win against Seungri but I always lose to Dara. You don't know her abilities. She can appear weak and gentle on the outside, looked like an angel but there's a little devil lurking inside that cute and dorky personality of hers”

“Really? I wonder what she thinks about me”

GD laughed. “She's probably thinking you're so unlucky to have met me”

“If that's true, then she's out of her mind permanently”

Then, they heard a commotion.

“Ya! Seungri-ah! Why don't you go to sleep already?” GD shouted as the maknae arrived.

“Aisshh..I'm not yet sleepy”

“Ya! We still got work to do tomorrow!”

“I'll sleep if you go to sleep, too”

GD suddenly stood up and was about to pound on Seungri when the latter hurriedly run to his room.

“Alright, I'm going to sleep”

“Maybe you should go to sleep, too" she said the moment Seungri's bedroom door closed.

“Nah, I'm not yet sleepy. Besides, I still have to clean this up” he said, pointing at the table.

“Let me deal with it”

“No, I-”

“I insist. Just sit okay?” J said pushing him back to the sofa.

“But-”

She gave him a pointed look.

“Okay, if you say so” he shrugged.

Later. . .

She was finished washing the plates. As she returned to the living room, she saw him peacefully sleeping on the sofa. She took her phone out and took pictures of him.

'How cute' she thought.

Then, her eyes landed on his phone that was lying on the table. She smiled then took it, browsing through the list of contacts he have. She stopped when she found what she was looking for, then copied the detail. She went to the gallery and browse through his photos. Then, she stumbled upon a folder with a “My Butterfly” as the folder's name. She clicked it open, anticipation building up like lava inside her. But then, these words greeted her:

ENTER SECURITY CODE:

She tried a few things that popped into her mind, like her name and his, her birthday and his, everything she could think of. But the same words would always popped into the screen:

WRONG CODE!

She frowned a bit, wondering what's in the folder and why did he have to put a code. She was in deep thought that she jumped a little when the phone rang. She looked at the caller ID then looked at GD, who was peacefully sleeping. She doesn't really want to wake him up so she decided to take the call instead.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Eh? Ya! Omo, you totally gave in! I can't believe it! You sound so much like a girl! Is it official now? Kkekeke. I knew you were gay! Aisshh, you-”

“Sandara-ssi” she interrupted, “it's Jina”

There was silence. “Err, Sandara-ssi?”

“Oh, J-ah! Keke.. Aisshh. I should have known he left his phone here in Korea. Sorry for disturbing you. Aish, that stupid guy, he-”

“Oh, no. I'm in his dorm here in Japan. He's sleeping right now, and I really didn't want to wake him up. Do you have any messages you want to leave?”

“Oh... Uh, well, I. . . .I was just. . .I called him because. .well, Youngbae! Yeah, that's right. I was just wondering if YB is doing fine. I didn't call YB because I know he sleeps early unlike GD. So, I'll just call YB tomorrow.. Yeah, that's right, Taeyang, he's the one I'm going to call tomorrow. Sorry for er disturbing you. You should go to sleep now, too. Goodbam!”

She chuckled. “Goodnight, Sandara-ssi”

Back in Korea. . .

Dara stared at her phone. 'He said she's not coming with him. I can't believe he lied to me' she thought