Wish Granted: Part II

The Hidden Love

“It would be better if I could use both of my hands” she said, not looking at him.

“I have a spare” he said. At the corner of her eye, she saw him waving his free hand. Well, technically, she was handling the steering wheel with one hand because her other hand was a bit preoccupied by the moment since it’s entwined with his. For the past minutes or so, he’s been acting like a crazy schoolboy by stubbornly repeating his actions.

He would stare at her for a moment; he then would chuckle while covering his eyes with his free hand. Then, he would sigh, “Ah, Sandara Park” then he would change it into “Ah, Sandara Park you’re so cute” He would interchange those two everytime. And now, he’s doing it again. She could definitely feel his gaze on her, but she didn’t turn her head towards him. After a while, she heard him chuckle. She rolled her eyes, knowing what would happen next. But instead of covering his eyes, he pinched the bridge of his nose, as if thinking. “Ah, Sandara Park, what have you done to me?”

It was her turn to chuckle. ‘That’s new’ she thought. Then, she cleared .


“Are you getting addicted to my name now?” she asked.

“My voice and your name go perfectly, don’t you think?” he inquired. He cleared his throat, too. “Listen,” he paused, then continued in a low, slow voice, “Sandara Park”

He giddily laughed. “Did you hear that? Your name sounds beautiful with my voice. And my voice sounded y with your name”

She rolled her eyes. “Oh-mai-gah, Ji. Stop acting like that, will you? It’s creepy!”

“San-da-ra Park” he muttered again.

A few minutes passed.

“I really need both of my hands now” she said, as they start to tag along with the other cars. Upon hearing that, he loosened his hold on her hand, expecting her to pull away, but she didn’t.

“A little help, please?” she asked, her fingers won’t seem to budge and follow her brain. “I can’t move my hand” she added.

”Oh”

He then pulled his hand away and put her clammy hand on the wheel.

“Thank you” she said.

“You’re welcome” he answered.

Then, they arrived at YG building’s parking lot. Dara gave the key to GD before steeping out of the car. Upon stepping out, she sighed then gave the car a longing look.

“Please stop staring at the car like that. I don’t really want to lose a friend” GD said, taking her hand and pulled her with him.

“Where are we going now?”

“Home, of course. I’ll be walking you to your dorm”

Later. . .

They were now in front of her dorm. She smiled up at him.

“Thank you” she said, then turned around and was about to open the door when his voice stopped her.

“Wait, don’t go in yet” he stopped her.

She turned back to him. “Why?”

And the next thing she knew, she was imprisoned in his arms.

“Just a moment” he whispered.

Much, much later. . .

She tiptoed slowly to her bed. ‘Looks like the girls slept in late’ she thought, seeing the girls’ sleeping forms. She lay down at her own place and stared blankly ahead, thinking.

Why did he kiss her? Why did she kiss him back? Obviously, she can’t answer the first question. As for the second one, well, she doesn’t really know. Maybe because of the sunset? The fireflies? The sunrise? His eyes? Or because it was HIM? Or because it felt so right even if it’s wrong?

The recent events felt like a dream, like she was in a world where fairytales exist. He seemed surreal. No, there weren’t any exchanges of words between them, no “official” statement, declaration, confession or whatsoever. But who needs them anyways? Like the saying goes: “action speaks louder than words”. Looking at his actions, one can conclude that there is something, right? An infatuation? Admiration? Something else? She’s not really sure since it’s hard to pinpoint since her heart is acting all weird, not to mention the constant and classic battle between the heart and the mind.

She remembered being “hurt” about him lying, then when she saw him in the parking lot, everything vanished, and all was forgotten. She forgot she was hurt, pissed; that he lied; she even forgot about Jina! Remembering Jina brought a frown to her forehead. Everyone knows how he feels for that girl. But then, why was he acting like this towards her? Who was she in his life anyway? With no answer to come up with, she fell asleep.

------>

The place was not yet full, only a few people are there but Dara was already happy and contented as of the moment. She was sitting in a table with the girls while waiting for the rest of the guests to arrive; they were already hyped from the beginning.

And surely enough, the rest of the guests started arriving. The BB boys came in late. Out of the boys, Seungri came in with a very wide, pathetic smile on his face.

“NOONA!” Seungri greeted enthusiastically. He went to her side and gave her a hug that was so tight it looked like he was squeezing her to death.

“Ya! Seungri-ah! What are you doing? Are you trying to break noona’s bones and feed them to Gaho?” Daesung asked, patting the maknae’s shoulder a bit harder than usual.

The maknae let go of Dara then turned to Daesung. “Ah, hyung, I just missed my Dara noona” he dramatically said. “And of course Bom noona and Minzy”

Daesung just shook his head in response then greeted Dara. YB and TOP came next. YB smiled at her sweetly.

“Happy birthday, noona”

Than you for coming, I didn’t expect that all of you are coming! Thinking that all you are really busy and all. I’m really touched” she said glancing at the four of them that made TOP straightened his back uncomfortably.

“Err, happy birthday, noona” TOP greeted then walked stiffly away from her, going to the pile of gifts and adding his to them. She chuckled uncertainly, seeing TOP’s discomfort She thought they were already passed the awkwardness stage, but she thought wrong. Sometimes, they go along well, sometimes not. Maybe they’re meant to be like that. Weird.

“Don’t worry noona, he’ll get over it” YB whispered to her.

She smiled. “I hope so”

“Ya! Hyung! What are you whispering to my Dara noona?” Seungri asked.

“Jingyo oppa!” CL suddenly said. Her head automatically turned. And there he was, looking so utterly gorgeous as ever with. . . . . Jina clinging into his arm. She was surprised to see them arrive “TOGETHER”, though she was already expecting JIna to arrive. She invited her in the first place.

-FLASHBACK-

Her phone beeped for the nth time. She’s been receiving messages and calls from her friends both from Korea and the Philippines, greeting her for her birthday, not to mention the gifts from her fans and friends! Ssantokki was indeed deeply touch.

She opened her phone. An unknown number appeared on her screen. She opened it. The message goes: Sandara-ssi, I heard it’s your birthday! Just wanna greet u Happy Bday! –Jina

She quicly replied.

Dara: Oh, thank you! How’d you know?

Jina: hahaha.. Ur very funny! Ur an idol, remember? Ur popular! Ur bday’s all over the net

Dara: Oh! Kekeke

Jina: Happy bday again! I’ll just drop ur gift in the practice room

Dara: Oh, u shouldn’t have! Thank u.. Umm, r u free later?

Jina: Yes, why?

-END OF FLASHBACK-

“Sandara-ssi, happy birthday!” the girl greeted then hugged her.

“Thank you” she answered, then glanced for a while at GD.

“Happy birthday! You’re getting old.” He teased.

She stuck out her tongue out at him. He chukled.

“Noona, doen’t look like her age, so it doesn’t really matter” YB said. Dara turned to YB then smiled brightly at him.

‘That’s right, that’s right’ she thought.

Then, they started eating. Seungri was watching Jina closely, who was sitting with them, beside GD. He frowned a bit. It was really weird to feel a bit distant from her when he could see nothing wrong with the girl. She’s cute, sweet and kind. Maybe he was just feeling that way because she once hurt GD some time ago? Or maybe because of the way she acted during TOP’s birthday?

“Ya! Seungri-ah! Are you going to eat that or not? “TOP interrupted his thoughts, eyeing his plate carefully.

“Of course! It’s MY Dara noona’s food, so I’m going to eat this heartily”

Later. . .

“Okay, now that everyone is full and contented with the food, I would like to make an announcement before all of you start partying up, of course this is also a part of this birthday celebration” Mr. YG stopped, waiting for all of them to turn their eyes on him. GD straightened in his chair, looking intently at the President, who glanced briefly back at him. Upon making eye contact, GD nods his head once.

“As of this very moment” the President continued, “we are just wrapping a few talks with some producers to release 2NE1’s album in the Philippines. So, maybe before the year ends or early next year, the album will be available in the Philippines. I’m also in negotiation with some event organizers for 2NE1’s concert in the Philippines once we can produce enough songs for the girls. And again, happy birthday, Dara”

Everybody clapped and cheered.

‘Wish almost granted” GD thought as he joined the others.

“I would like to ask everyone to keep this a secret for the meantime” the boss finished. GD took a chance at glancing at her, and he was not surprise to see her crying

‘Aish! Such a crybaby’ he thought, but a smile curved his lips.

“Wow! That’s great to hear! I’m so happy for the girls” Jina said. “You must be really proud and happy for them”

“Yes, I am” he answered quietly, eyes never leaving Dara’s face.