The Crab Dance

The Hidden Love

 "Oh. Really? What do you guys usually talk about?" he asked, simply gripping the armchair, his heart was beating furiously fast.

"Hmmmm." YB thought for a minute. "Well, she usually does the talking, I just listen" laughs.

"I see" GD murmured.

"What does she usually tell you?"

Taeyang gave him a look. "Well, anything, actually. I guess it depends upon her mood. We usually talk about the past, too. You know, when the three of us used to hang out. We talk about you sometimes,too"

That did him in. He was trying so hard to control his facial expressions and the tone of his voice. He gave a shaky laugh.

"I hope she's not talking about any stupid things about me" he said,unsuccessful to hide the expectant tone from his tone. He was on the edge of loosing his control of asking what she says about him.

"Well, she's a bit worried actually. But I'm not gonna tell you everything she said to me. I promised I won't tell anyone." YB laughed guiltily.

"Oh, I won't tell anyone,too! Why would I do such things? I'm not the type who spread gossips"

"It's not really a big deal, though. She was worried if she did something wrtong because you've been keeping your distance from her. I'm sorry that's all I can tell. You're my friend, but she's my friend,too. And she trusted me not to tell anyone"

"You mean there's more?"

"Why are you so interested in what she thinks about you?" Taeyang laughed. "You know her thoughts are a bit weird compared to a normal human being"

"Ya!" he blurted out. "Look at the time, it's getting late! You're tired are you? I think you should take a rest. I'm really concerned about your health, I think you should go and take a rest" he ranted and lead YB to the door, or he was kinda pushing him out.

"But-"

"Bye bye! Have a good night sleep!" And he closed the door.

He looked at his phone on the table. 'How come she calls him and she only send messages to me?' he asked himself frustratedly. "Aiisshh" he blurted out, gripping his hair with frustration and dropped himself in the chair. He looked at the phone again. He took it and dialed a number, but then he canceled and stood up. He walked back and forth in a circle, glancing at the phone every now and then.

He took it again and dialed a number. He heard it ring. He waited. 'She'll get what she desrves from this' he thought. He was thinking a lot of words to say to her that would make her feel guilty.

Waited for another 10 seconds or so but no one's answering. He canceled it then redialed again.

He heard it ring again.

'Why isn't she answering?' he asked himself.

"Ya! Ji! What do you want?" he suddenly heard, she was having difficulty speaking or something. He frowned.

"Ya!" he shouted back. "Where are you? I've been calling you for-" he stopped when she heard her moan, and he thinks he heard a rumbling sound or something.

"I'm in the comfort room" she said in a strained voice.

"What are you doing there in the first place? I've been-"

"Kyaa! Do you have to ask? My stomach's not feeling well!" Then he heard another rumbling sound.

"Oh!" he muttered.

"Call me later. I need to concentrate" The line was cut off.

He looked at his phone then laughed. He was supposed to be frustrated at her, but he can't really stay frustrated or mad at her if she can make him laugh that easily. The image of her face having stomach problems kept on surfacing in his head and he can't help but laugh.

A moment later. . .

His phone ring. He looked at it and he can't help but laugh again as he saw who was calling.

"Hello?" he said, a little breathlessly.

"Ya! I know you're laughing. Aigoo! You don't have a good timing do you? Ya! Stop laughing" she burst out frustratedly.

"I'm sorry" GD said, then another wave of laughter burst out from his lips.

"Kyaa! Is YB still there? I'd rather talk to him than you"

That stopped him from his laugh trip. He wiped his tears out of his eyes from too much laughing. "No, he's not here anymore. How did you know he went here?" he asked, sitting up.

"He told me. So what do you want anyway?"

He opened his mouth. But, closed it again. How could he ask her what he wants to ask? Like, how come she calls YB and not him? Or why does she suddenly confides to YB when not long time ago, he was the one she always confides to? And the most difficult question, does she like YB? He then remembered that she was a bit biased when it comes to YB.

-FLASHBACK-

He was in the recording studio with Teddy and TOP. Taeyang was presently recording fro his second album. YG tv is not around since the songs are quite confidential at the moment, and this song was not chosen to be broadcasted on tv.

Then, someone came unexpectedly.

"Dara!" Teddy called.

"Hi!" she greeted.

"Why are you here?" GD asked.

She smiled. "Oh, just to see YB recording" she said.

He couldn't quite believe his ears.

She sat beside him. He looked at her. She looked back. He thought something tender crossed her eyes as they stare at each other, but it fastly disappeared.

"How you've been doing?" he asked.

"I'm doing quite good, don't you think? I look so fresh today"

Teddy and TOP laughed, he chuckled. Then, YB came out of the booth.

YB smiled. "Noona, you came!"

"I told you I'm coming" she answered, with a smile. GD looked at her then at Taeyang. His eyes squinting into tiny slits again. "I promised, didn't I?"

A moment later. . .

"I'm thirsty, I'm going to get water in the storage room. Noona, do you-" YB started.

"I'll go with you" Jiyong cut off. "Dara, do you want anything?"

"Um.." I just have what you got here" she answered.

"I think I need to go to the bathroom, too" Teddy said.

They were about to leave, when TOP stopped them.

"Ya! Why are you only asking noona? I've been here longer than her, I even woke up earlier and skipped breakfast, just to be here. I've been waiting for any of you to ask if I want something to eat, but no one did. Aiisshh.. Is this how you treat your hyung? Taeyang, I'm disappointed with you" TOP ranted. They all laughed. They know he wasn't really mad and that he was just teasing because of that stupid look on his face.

"I was going to surprise you, hyung" GD answered.

"I'll get you something hyung" YB said.

The three of them exited the studio.

Dara was left with TOP. They were sitting at the opposite end. She was sitting stiffly. No one was talking.

She looked at him the same time he looked at her. She smiled awkwardly. He smiled back awkwardly,too.

"Are you feeling well?" TOP asked her.

"Yeah. You?"

"I'm okay"

They didn't talk after that anymore.

Three minutes of silence passed.

"Whoa! Did someone die here? I swear I'm having goosebumps right now. My hairs are standing up!" Jiyong blurted out as he arrived at the studio.

"Why?" Teddy asked.

"The silence was filling the room too much!" Jiyong answered, laughing, then he turned to Dara and TOP. "What happened to your tongues?"

They laughed.

"TOP and Dara have an awkward relationship, don't you think?" Teddy said, chuckling.

"We're just both very shy" TOP reasoned. "But I do feel awkward to noona" he added.

"I feel the same way" Dara said, making all of them laugh.

Jiyong gave Dara a sandwich, a bottle of water and a box of milk.

YB gave TOP his food, too. They started eating their food.

"Ya! Why does noona's food looked tastier and stuffier than mine?" TOP asked.

Teddy chuckled. "Dara's really thin, she needs that"

"Do I have to look thinner for you to treat me nicely?" TOP asked YB and GD. They laughed again.

"Your gags are back" Teddy said. "I thought you said you're a very shy person?"

TOP smiled. "Noona's very shy,too but she can crack up a good joke. I think Dara noona's a lot funnier"

GD smiled, too. "Park Bom noona's really funny,too" he said. He does find Bom very funny. He wasn't expecting her to be this funny, but of course, Dara's way, way funnier, he just can't say it out loud.

"Yeah, but Dara noona's crab dance was jackpot." TOP said.

"Aigoo. That was really embarrassing" Dara said.

TOP laughed. "No, it was fun. Due to your popularity,they even asked us to imitate your crab dance"

"Yeah, I saw that one" she said, laughing.

"I did well than TOP hyung in the crab dance" Jiyong inserted.

"Ya! How can you say that?" TOP asked.

"Yours was too weird, mine was closer to what she did" he answered. Of course, he watched that clip for nth time, he did have a good laugh at Dara at that time.

"Why don't you three do the crab dance again, and me and YB will be the judge" Teddy suggested.

Dara went first; then TOP; GD did it last.

"I think TOP's version was really funny, though GD's was almost the same with Dara's. What about you YB?" Teddy said.

"TOP hyung's expression was really funny" he answered, chuckling.

"I think TOP's version was funnier" Dara said, laughing.

TOP punched the air, a motion that he won.

Jiyong was in the middle of a smile and frustration.

"How can you say that? I'm the one who brought all this foods to you, you should be rooting for me" GD said. They laughed. He knew that the others were thinking that he was just teasing Dara, but at the back of his mind, he was kinda disappointed.

"Ah, sunbae-nim's quite good in everything he does already" Dara said dramatically that sent another roll of laughters.

"Ya! Are you saying I only do well in crab dance?" TOP asked her.

"I'm just saying this to make GD feel better" she laughed, pretending to whisper to TOP. She was about to drink water when GD grabbed it out of her hands. "I shouldn't have brought you this, I'm returning it"

"Ya! But I'm thirsty already"

"It's cold, not good for your voice"

The others thought GD was teasing Dara again so they chuckled.

"Noona, take mine" YB said out of nowhere. He threw the bottle to Dara who opened it immediately and took a drink at once.

Jiyong looked at YB. He saw that YB was looking at Dara with a smile.

"Ah, YB's such a sweet guy" Dara said, after drinking half of the bottle.

TOP sniggered. "Yeah, but he tends to be overwhelmed by his emotions sometimes"

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"Ya! Ji! Are you still there?" GD snapped. He loves how she calls him G or Ji sometimes.

"Yeah"

"So, what do you want?" she asked again.

"Are you feeling well? I mean your stomach"

"I feel better. But what is it you want?"

"I. . . I was just checking. YB said something about-"

"What did he say?" he heard her voice panicked. He frowned. He got curious.

"He said something about you feeling scared and excited about going back to the Philippines"

"Oh" she sounded relieved.

"Is there something else?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing. There's nothing else" she said, her voice fading away.

There was silence.

"Um, Ji?"

"Hmmmm?"

"I forgot to thank you for including me in your album, eventhough I still don't know why you-"

"You're welcome" he cut off. He doesn't want to hear her doubting herself again. "So, umm, why are you scared of going back to the Philippines? I thought you were excited?" he asked.

"I just don't know if how are they going to welcome me. If they still remember me.. Something like that" she laughed. "Maybe I just wanted to prove to them that all their support to me before are not wasted..."

"You're doing great, already, you shouldn't be scared"

She laughed. "That's what YB said .But I can't help but feel scared."

YB again. He was silent."Do you want to learn how to rap?" he suddenly said out of nowhere. 'Aish, what were you thinking?' he asked himself.

"Aigoo. I at it. I want to concentrate on improving my dancing, singing and acting first, before I try to learn something new."

"How did you know you at it? You haven't even tried it yet?"

"I've been attempting with YB. You know he used to rap before, right?" laughed.

"Oh, I see" he said quietly.

"I actually wanted to impress and surprise you, but I totally !" she laughed harder.

"Can you repeat what you said?" he asked, eyes growing wide.

"Once Mr. YG is satisfied with my performance and once I'm satisfied with myself, I'll ask you to personally teach me how to rap" she said.

"Can you repeat what you said before-"

"Aish! I already said it, I don't want to repeat it anymore"

"But why do you want to-?" he intentionally trailed off, a smile on his lips

"Omo! Of course, you're a sunbae, it's natural for me to want to impress you, right?"

"Oh! Yeah, right!"

Meanwhile, Dara was still in the comfort room because she doesn't want the others to hear her, and there's no camera literally in front of the toilet bowl. She faked a yawn. "I'm already sleepy. I'm going to sleep" she said.

"Oh. Okay. Goodnight! Bye bye!"

"Goodnight"

"And Dara? Sweetdreams"

She smiled. "Okay. Bye" She cut off the line. She looked at the phone. "Sweetdreams, too. I'm sorry if I'm not confiding in you anymore. I don't want you to burden with my problems. You've already done too much for me"
She sighed.