One-Sided Smile

The Hidden Love

 GD’s album was a smash hit! He was overwhelmed by the reception he received from the people. And, true to her words, Dara did use 3 of his songs as her BGM. At first, he was a bit worried that it will cause a talk, but not much article came out. Instead, the people perceived that Dara was just helping him promote his album.

On the other hand, he’s been rehearsing for a few days already. This is for his solo debut stage of course. Being a perfectionist is part of his character, so he’s a bit touchy on the details, besides, the president will be dropping by tomorrow to check him out. As for Dara, she’s been busy with practice and filming for the CF with “that guy”. He’s been askin for details about the CF, but she kept saying “surprise surprise” or “secret” or “guess guess” with “kkkkk” in every message.

They took a break from rehearsing. He checked his phone, there’s a message that was sent 15 minutes ago.

Dara: Can I drop by for a moment?
GD: sure. Why?
Dara: Just finished filming CF, so CL’s not with me

He frowned. Another out-of-the-topic answer from her.

GD: Y don’t u just go home and take a rest?
Dara: U don’t want me to come?

‘Silly. Of course I want u to come’ he thought. He was just worried about her health.

GD: I didn’t say that
Dara: Good. I’m actually at the front door of the practice room already, before I asked u if I could come. Kyaa! I’ve been waiting for ur reply here outside for minutes already!

Before she even entered the room, Jiyong’s smile was all ears. The moment she entered, it went even wider.

“Hi!” he greeted. “I can’t believe you waited outside for so long. You should’ve come in even without my reply”

She laughed.

“Hello” she greeted him back, smiling. “Where’s YB?”

His smile suddenly disappeared and turned into a frown.

“He’s not here. He’s at the workshop, but I think he’ll drop by later”

“Oh, I see” she murmured, not looking at him.

“If you can’t wait to see him, you can just go check him out at the workshop”

She laughed again. “I didn’t came here for him, I was just wondering why he’s not here,. I actually came to-“ she stopped, her eyes growing wide.

“To what?” he urged, looking at her expectantly, but she’s avoiding his gaze. Her eyes were wandering around.

“Oh, is that TOP?” she suddenly blurted out.

GD didn’t even look back when he answered “yes”. She laughed awkwardly.

“So, why did you come?” he asked again. She can’t expect him to just let her drop off like that, can she?

“Aisshhh.. You always ask too many questions”

He smiled, only one corner of his lips curving up.

“Aigoo! It’s back!” she exclaimed, looking at him with amazement.

“Huh? What came back?” he asked in confusion.

“Your one-sided smile! It’s been quite a while since I saw that one” she giggled.

“But, you still haven’t answered my question. Why did you-?”

“Aisshh.. Am I not allowed to see and watch my senior anymore?” she cut off, then continued dramatically, “Ah, sunbae-nim, you are so coldhearted”

He smiled again his “one-sided” smile again.

“I really like that smile of yours” she mumbled.

They looked at each other, his eyes growing tender and warm.

“Ya! GD! Let’s go!”

“You should go. Fighting!” she cheered.

Again, he smiled one-sidedly. She seemed to like it, so he can’t help himself from showing off a little to her.

Dara looked around. Most of the seats are occupied with stuffs. The other unoccupied seats are across the dancefloor, she just can’t cross the dancefloor, so she got no chice but to sit beside TOP. She walked silently towards TOP.

“Hi!” she greeted, smiling a little. He looked at her with that sharp eyes of his, then smiled a little, his lips curving a bit and nodded. She sat beside him. They were silently watching GD with the back-up dancers

Once in a while, in her peripheral vision, she could see that TOP glances at her, opens his mouth as if to say something then closes it again.

‘Déjà vu?’ she thought.

They’ve always been like that even if they were still trainees back then. When it’s just the two of them, it can be too silent you think someone died, that’s according to GD of course. There were attempts of talk, but they always end up being silent again. They usually talk with a “yes” or “no” conversation. That’s how it is between them. It’s kinda funny actually. She was known for her gags, but she can’t seem to pull off a gag with him. But if there are people with them, the two of them are usually the ones responsible for the gags. So, it’s really weird that when they are left alone, you can never hear the two of them pulling some gags or even talking.

They sat in silence for like an hour. Then, she stood up. As she stood up, she felt like the room was spinning around, that she was silently falling, the floor disappearing from her feet. She felt her body falling sideways, but before she hit the floor, she felt two arms catching her.

“Ji” she whispered, then, DARKNESS.

At first, TOP thought she was dancing, because her body was swaying. ‘What a weird dance’ he thought. Then he saw her body falling sideways. ‘Is that suppose to be part of the choreography? What a weird step’ he thought again. But then, he noticed that something was wrong because she kept on falling sideways. He caught her right on time, just before she hit the floor. “Noona?” he asked at the same time he heard her whisper something.

GD was glancing at Dara once in a while through the mirror. He saw it all happened. He rushed to her at once. He patted her cheeks. TOP was cradling her face.

“Let’s lay her on the couch” he said. TOP obliged, he carried Dara to the couch.

“Hyung, let me” GD said. He lifted Dara’s head and placed it on his lap.

After a while, she blinked.

She blinked for a few times again, then slowly opened her eyes. He let out a sigh of relief and leaned his head on the wall. She tried getting up, but he stopped her. Just then, YB arrived.

“What happened?”

“She fainted” GD answered. “Get her a water, will you?” he asked YB.

“Okay”

YB turned away.

GD turned to Dara. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah. Please don’t tell Mr. YG” she asked from the other witnesses who were gathered around them.

“Give her room to breath” he snapped. The dancers scattered and went on doing other things, since they saw that she’s already okay. Then, GD turned to Dara, “Lie still” he whispered.

“Here’s the water” YB said. She sits up, took the water and drank it. As GD watch her drink, he saw that she really looked tired and exhausted.

“I’m fine already” she said again. “You should continue practicing, don’t mind me”

“But-“

“I’m fine, really. Besides, YB and TOP are here”

That’s mainly the reason why don’t want to. But, he should control himself. He looked at her, hesitating. “Okay” he said, after a while.

GD resumed practicing but he wasn’t as focused as before. He called the practice off after a few minutes.

After the practice, the others went home already. GD, Dara, YB and TOP stayed.

“You still need some rest.” GD told her when she said she should go to the practice room already.

The four of them talked, laughed and joked around.

“Ya! Jiyong! Why are you always smiling like that?”

“What smile?” YB asked, Dara frowned, looking at him.

“He kept smiling one-sidedly, I swear his lips is going out of proportion already” TOP stated. Dara’s confused look disappeared, instead a knowing smile crept appeared on her face, then it turned inti fits of laughter. She burst out laughing She was rolling on the floor with laughter and was pointing at GD.

TOP and YB laughed, too, but not as much as Dara’s, her laugh was much louder and harder than the two. She kept on laughing until her stomach aches already.

“Ya! Stop laughing”