Sweet Cookies

The Hidden Love

Another day of practice. . .

He noticed that she was not her usual self. She kept on looking at her phone anxiously.

'I'll ask her later' he thought.

Break. . .

He went with the others when they said they'll be getting something to eat. But she didn't go with them, saying that she was really tired and she wanted to rest. Upon getting outside, he received a message from the President.

He told the others that the President wanted to talk to him and that they should go without him. The others agreed and just told him that they'll be grabbing something for him, too.

He turned around and went to the boss' office.

After a while

His back at the practice room. The others were not yet there, he looked around. He found her sleeping faced down. He sighed, then lied face down vertical to her. Then, he closed his eyes, too. Slowly, he fell asleep, too.

Later. . .

Consciousness was slowly going back to him. He heard footsteps but chose to remain his eyes closed. Then, the footsteps stopped near him. He opened one eye and peered. He saw YB bowed down and looking at her. He saw YB brushed some hair off her face and a bittersweet smile crept to his lips. He closed his eyes and squeezed it tight. He can't look for too long in YB's eyes: pain and regret. 'Soon, you won't suffer anymore. Just give me more time, brother' he thought.

Then, he started hearing more footsteps. When the room was filled with noise, he faked a loud yawn and opened his eyes. He stood up and rubbed his eyes, stretching a little.

"What took you so long? I already fell asleep waiting for you guys" he said.

"Sorry about that. CL and SeungRi were arguing what to order for you and Dara" Bom answered.

Minzy woke Dara up. Then, they started eating.

After a while, the others were finished eating and just taking a rest while the others were dancing to Last Farewell which was being played in the background. He saw looking at her phone with a worried look on her face. He slowly went to her.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" he asked.

She looked up and asked blankly, "huh?"

"I said, is there something wrong?"

"Oh! I'm just worried about my friends and the people in the Philippines. You know about the typhoon, right? I've been contacting them and asking if they were safe. The others already replied that they're safe. I'm. . .I'm still waiting for the others. . ." her voice trailed away.

He felt bad for what was happening but he was also worried about her.

"Is he one of the people who. . .Is he safe then?" he asked.

"Who are you talking about?"

He gave her a knowing look.

"Oh, no, there's still no news about him" she answered.

'I see. Now I understand' he thought.

Of course she's still worrying about him, he can't take that away from her.

After the break, he called for everyone's attention. He told them what the boss said a while ago.

"I'm afraid the Last Farewell performace collaboration won't happen. Hyung said that because this is actually Bigbang's first time to do broadcasting again here in Korea, he wants it to be a special one. But 2NE1 will still perform Last Farewell, only the first part. The latter part will be performed by us. And he also said that you'll appear on the last part of How Gee, showing some dance skills"

"TOP hyung and Dara noona should be paired in the dance showdown. It would be funny" SeungRi said, unaware of the two eyes glaring at him, while Dara was just laughing.

"Ya! Are you embarrassing your hyung?" TOP asked, but he danced funnily anyway.

"Mr. YG said that CL, Minzy, SeungRi and Youngbae should do the-"

"Oh, good. The boss really know who to choose" SeungRi interrupted.

------>

She was standing in front of a door, hesitating. She raised her hand and was about to ring when she changed her mind. She turned around and was planning to leave but then she changed her mind again and turned around. She found herself staring at the door that she was staring for over an hour already. She raised her arm again, but the door suddenly opened.

"Oh!" they both exclaimed.

She bowed and greeted GD's mother at once.

"Come in. I'll be going out, he's in his room"

Then, GD's mother called him. "You've got a visitor!" she shouted. "I'll get going" then she went.

A few minutes after his mother left, she was still standing there, waiting for him, but there was still no sign of him. But she was hearing music coming out from his room. She walked towards the door of his room which was left ajar. She peered her head through it, her eyes automatically wandered around the floor, searching.

GD stood up from the swivel chair. He was uploading some of the latest stolen pictures of "her" in his PC. As he turned around to go to the restroom, something caught his eyes. He stared at the little bobbing head peering through his door. He chuckled at her expression.

"Ya! What are you doing there?" he asked. She didn't answer, her eyes were still wandering around the floor, as if searching for something.

"Gaho's still sleeping" he said as he finally understood what's going on. Her eyes snapped at him then she smiled, straightening up, entered the room with confidence that nothing would come and scare her.

"What's that?" he asked again as he noticed that she's hiding something behind her.

"Oh! Well, Minzy was baking this morning, then I just remembered the time when we gave Teddy and the boss, erm, cookies, then I remembered again that we weren't able to give you some, so I mad-, I mean, I brought you this" she said, pulling her arms from behind her, a box on her hand. She gave it to him hesitantly. HE opened the box and saw two letters: "G" and "D"

He looked at her.

"They're cookies" she said. He smiled.

"Come, eat this with me" he said, taking her wrist and pulled her with him. He sat on the edge of his bed, motioning her to do the same. He gave her the letter "G" cookie while he took the "D" one. She shook her head frantically at him.

"Oh, no, it's for you-"

He raised his eyebrow at her.

"Fine" she mumbled.

As GD gave her the cookie, she automatically looked down at the floor again. She nibbled a bit.

"Oh! It didn't taste the way I want it to be" she mumbled, embarrassed. She should have asked for the girls's help.

"What are you talking about? It tasted good"

Her eyes squinted, her head snapped at him. "Ya! Are you making fun-" she stopped as she saw him putting the last piece of the cookie in his mouth. Her eyes grew wide. "You. . You ate all of it already?" she asked in disbelief. He just shrugged.

"What taste were you expecting anyway?" he asked, ignoring her questions.

"Well, I wanted it to taste sweet like normal cookie, but it tasted salty and-"

"It was sweet" he cut-off. "You should bake more often for me, then"

"I don't think that's a good idea" she said, frowning as she looked at the G shaped cookie. She was sure it tasted salty and a bit off, but he said it was sweet. Maybe her tastebuds are off, that's why.

"Are you going to eat that?" he asked, taking the cookie from her hand and consuming it with just three bites.

"Ya! I didn't say yes"

He smiled boyishly at her. As much as she wanted not to, she can't help but smile at him, too.

SILENCE

She looked around, then saw something. A framed photo of him. She sighed heavily.

"I miss the old Jiyong" she suddenly said.

He looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"You were more approachable before and you're usually the one bringing up conversations" she chuckled, then continued, "you seemed so distant nowadays" She sighed heavily, "you changed bigtime" she finished.

'You changed bigtime towards me' she thought. Then, she smiled. "Oh, well, it's in the past anyways" she stood up. "I think I should get going then"

GD grabbed his wrist tightly and looked at her.

Looked.

Stared.

Breathe.

Eyes started to melt into liquid soft.

Then, she screamed, jumping so high that she landed on his bed, hiding in his back.

"Oh, Gaho's awake" he said blankly. "I'll feed him first"

"Why is he always doing that? He keeps on sneaking on me"

He chuckled. "Maybe because you look like a bone, seeing how thin you are" he said. That earned him a pillow thrown straight into his face but he just laughed it off and turned around, his back facing her. He then started feeding Gaho.

"How am I going to leave now that he's awake?" she asked.

"Too bad" he muttered, an evil grin spreading his face.

"Oh, well, you can carry him once my feet's on the floor" she chirped happily.

He stood up, went to his computer again. "I've got some work to do, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait. This is really urgent" he said, then, added, "you're gonna be okay there, right?"

She nodded. She was now sitting in the middle of his bed. While he was "working" in front of his computer, she never took her gaze off him. Then, she would smile at him everytime he glances.

"What are you working on, anyway?" she asked.

He gave her a mysterious look. "It's confidential" he winked.

"He's really getting bigger" she said after a while, looking at Gaho with a scared face. He was once again in front of her, waggling his tail.

"Aren't you finish yet?" she asked him.

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Romantic comedy?"

"Yeah" he smiled, grinning evilly, but she didn't notice, she was more worried about the one she's looking at.

"I'll leave him here. Let's watch in the living room"

"How am I going to go there?"

"I'll distract him"

Later. . .

GD put the volume up, then the movie started rolling. She was sitting comfortably in the couch. He sat beside her. A smile was constantly placed on his face.

Then, she started screaming, hiding behind his back sometimes, peering through his arm.

"Ha! Aigoo! Run!" she squeeled.

"Omo" she whispered, half scared, half anticipating.

She would close her eyes and hide her face in his shoulders, too.

'Ah, this is the best romantic comedy movie I've ever seen' he thought, grinning at how funny she looked.