The Dream

The Hidden Love

The movie was already finished, but she was still hiding behind his back.

“Is it over?” she asked.

He smirked. “Yeah,”

She then emerged herself from his back and looked at him, eyes squinting. “You told me it’s a romantic comedy movie” she burst, her hair in disarray.

‘It was for me’ he thought, smiling as he stood up to turn the player off. He heard her phone beeped.

“Oh, I should go” she said.

“You’re-“he stopped as he turned around and saw her exiting through the door already.

He just shook his head. She didn’t even say a proper goodbye to him. Then, he heard someone buzzing. He went to the door and opened it. She was smiling at him weirdly.

“Erm, can you. . . can you walk me to the dorm? I don’t really want to walk the hallway (gulped) alone”

He smiled and praised himself for thinking of watching that scary movie. It all benefited him.

They walk silently. She was not talking to him because she kept on glancing behind her. He smirked.

“You look so scared”

She jumped and squealed in surprise. “Oh, no. I was just checking. . . “ her voice faded away.

“Do you know the history of this building?” he asked.

“No, why?”

“Well, many people said that they usually see a woman standing here alone, she never talks nor walks. The people also said that they can’t see her face properly because she kept on glancing at the floor and that her long hair is covering her face. There-“

He suddenly felt her grabbing his arm. “Ah, I really am not interested in the history of this building” she laughed awkwardly, looking at the empty hallway behind her. He laughed.

“Don't worry. Like I told you before, I won’t let-“

“I bet you’ll be the first one to run once you see a ghost” she murmured.

They walked in silence again. She was still gripping his arm tightly.

Then, they were in front of her dorm. “Erm, thank you. Kekeke. I think you should go now” she said.

He raised his eyebrow questioningly at her. “The girls didn’t know that I- uh, well,. . . Aisshh! Why are you asking so many questions? Just go, okay?” she burst.

He looked at her for a minute. So, the girls didn’t know that she went to him, then? He smiled at that thought and just nodded.

-------------->

He was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling, one arm across his forehead. A smile would lift his lips everytime he remembers the day’s events. But, he was really disturbed by the way she looked when she said that HE changed bigtime. He frowned as he remembered the sadness and longing he saw on her face at that moment. She should know that people really do change. Even he admits it to himself that he changed but he didn’t see that the change was bad. He actually thought it was a good change. He missed those times of course, when he and the boys were not as busy as today. When they would just hang out on the practice room or go out as a group or the three of them (him, YB and her). He was actually surprise to see that YB was somehow “at ease” with her when he tends to be very shy in front of other girls.

‘What did happen anyway?’ he asked himself. Well, maybe he became really busy with work but he never failed to communicate with her through phone. And of course, he was holding back and keeping his distance from her because of the complications surrounding both of them. Then, there’s YB, then her ex, and his. He was a man after all, he may have liked or loved or admired some girls but she was always there deep inside all this time.
His phone beeped.

Dara: Asleep?
GD: Nope. U can’t sleep?
Dara: I keep remembering the movie. . goosebumps. . U? Y r u still awake?
GD: can’t sleep
Dara: something’s bothering u?
GD: well, yeah. . .
Dara: eh?
GD: I was thinking of wat u said a while ago. . about me changing. . .
Dara: Oh!
GD: people change, u know
Dara: I know. . but YB didn’t change as much as u

He was silent for a while until he received another message. . .

Dara: don’t think about it anymore. . .it’s already in the past. . .
GD: can’t help but be bothered.
Dara: sorry . . . I shouldn’t have brought that up. .
GD: no, don’t be. . .I’m just curious. . .What change r u talking about, anyway?
Dara: CL-roo’s preparing to sleep. . .

The next morning. . .

She woke up earlier than the girls. She went out and started jogging. As she was jogging, she was thinking about last night’s conversation. She sighed. As time goes by, he kept on rising so high that she can just look up and do nothing. Maybe she was afraid to reach for him and fall hard on the ground.

After sweating a little, she then proceeded to the exercise room, expecting it to be empty. But she was wrong.

“Youngbae!” she exclaimed in surprise.

He seemed surprise himself. “Noona!”

She smiled at him. “Still building muscles, eh?”

He laughed. “Not really. Just a preparation for the album and the promotions”

“Oh! Yeah! Of course! You must be really excited and nervous at the same time, eh?”

He chuckled.

“Oh, well, continue with what you’re doing” she said and started working out herself.

The room was filled with silence except for some whirling sounds from the machine or their heavy breathing. Then, as she turned around, she found YB was not around anymore.

‘Where did he go?’ she asked herself.

“Noona!” someone called. She turned her head and saw him coming to her smiling. “Here” he said, giving her a drink.

“Oh! Thank you. I thought you left already”

They sat on the floor and leaned their backs on the wall.

“Eh?” she muttered in disbelief. YB looked at her questioningly.

“You came here before me and worked out for a longer time but you’re barely sweating while I’m already drenched”

He chuckled. “You still look fresh” he said.

SILENCE

“And I think its overboard to say you’re drenched in sweat, when in truth is you’re not”

“It’s not that obvious but I really am drenched in sweat”

YB’s phone rang.

“Hello?” he greeted, then listened.

“I’m here in the exercise room”

The other on the line must have said something funny because she saw him laugh.

“Oh, no. I’m not the only one early here” he said, still smiling, then he looked at her. She smiled back.

“Yeah, yeah. . Noona’s here already, too” he listened for a while then answered immediately.

“Sandara noona”

“It was Jiyong” YB said after the call ended.

“Oh”

“He’s just choosing something to wear and he’ll be here in a few min-“

“Annyeonghaesseoyo!” someone greeted loudly and a bit ecstatically that it was close to a shout.

Both of them looked up and saw Jiyong entering the room, his hair was still a bit wet, as if he just walked out of the shower.

“-minutes. . .” YB finished. “That was. . . . fast” YB continued, disbelief and amazement in his voice. He looked at her, and then she burst out laughing.

“I was just talking to him on the phone a while ago. He said, he was just choosing something to wear and now he’s already here”

She laughed even harder. He joined her.

GD saw them sitting on the floor. Then he saw YB’s lips moving, but he didn’t quite hear it. Then, she laughed out hard, looking at him weirdly.

‘What’s so funny?’ he asked himself. He looked at YB and saw him silently laughing beside her. It seemed like both of them were enjoying teach other’s companies. He smiled awkwardly at them.

“Where are the others?” he asked.

“Not yet here” Dara answered as if asking, ‘isn’t it obvious?’

Dara then finished what she was drinking then stood up. She looked at YB then smiled.
“Thanks for this” she said, lifting the drink.

“Sure thing” he answered.

Dara then resumed what he was doing and so is YB.

GD was not on his best mood

Later, Minzy arrived and join in on the exercise activities.

Much, much later. . .

They went to the practice room and saw that Bom and CL were already there.

The girls then started practicing for Let’s Go Party.

And as usual, he just sat there watching them. “Chaerin’s really good” he commented to YB who was sitting beside him.

“Yeah” YB answered blankly. He looked at YB and saw him watching the girls, too.

Then, the rest of the Bigbang arrived. The girls watched as they practiced. Then, during the break, when they were supposed to be resting the members where ecstatically showing off their dancing skills, especially SeungRi..

“Ah, SeungRi, CL’s gonna beat you if you’re like that” GD laughed. SeungRi blinked at him stupidly.

“Ah, hyung-nim, I was really busy with my acting activities for the musical show, it’s been a while since I danced” SeungRi answered defensively

CL scoffed at that.

“Ya, Chaerin-ah, what can you say about SeungRi’s performance in the musical?” GD asked.

CL looked at him and smiled, then looked at SeungRi mischievously.

“I don’t really like to hurt SeungRi’s feelings, so I’ll keep the comment to myself” CL answered that made everyone laugh.

“SeungRi, tell me something. Is there something that you’re really good at?" GD teased.

SeungRi opened his mouth then closed it again, standing there looking like a fool that made another wave of laughter from the people. GD laughed out loud.

“I think SeungRi did well in the musical” a small high-pitched voice said. GD looked at her. Then, SeungRi went running to her,

“Oh, noona! You’re really the best among 2NE1” SeungRi added, and hugged Dara for a moment then let go. It made GD’s eyes grew wide.

“Unnie is a scattered-brain person, you didn’t actually believe that, did you?” CL interrupted.

It made the people laugh again.

GD smiled at CL. ‘Nice one’ he thought.

---->

The President was watching his artists practicing for the upcoming performance. As much as he don’t want to, he can’t help but smile when GD and Dara started practicing Hello.

He nodded in approval and satisfaction as 2NE1 and Bigbang finished presenting to him. Then, he called GD.

In the office. . .

“About your other request. . . . .”

--------->

He dropped himself on the bed. Sleep automatically took over him.

It was a very tiring day after all

Then, he dreamt. . .

She was running, but she was still on the same spot. It was like she was stationary running away from him, like in the treadmill. Then, she stopped, turned around to face him, waving happily. Then, she started running again, this time, she was running towards him, still, not moving an inch from where she was. She stopped again. This time, he saw a tear fell on her cheek, she put a hand to where her heart is and moved her lips . . . He tried to listen, but he didn’t hear anything. He tried reading her lips, but he failed. Then, slowly, tears started to fall rapidly on her cheeks. A strong wind suddenly blew, he watched in horror as she fades with the wind. . .

“No. . .” he moaned in his sleep. Then he turned his head to the side, falling deeply into sleep again.

The next morning. . .

He woke up feeling weird. He frowned as he contemplate the reason behind what he’s feeling, but his brain failed him, so he just shrugged it off and went to the bathroom, the dream all forgotten. . .