Remedy

The Hidden Love

“Why are you all ears, here? You were expecting-“

She let out an eerie laugh, imitating Minzy’s deep voice. “Why did you do that anyway? Now I have to put an ointment to prevent having skin infections!”

He grunted. “Huh! It looked lie you were enjoying it” he wiggled his brows playfully at her.

She opened then closed it again, and repeated the actions for a few times. He chuckled amusedly at her, who looked like a goldfish at the moment.

“Unnie!” Minzy called. GD let out a more pronounced chuckle seeing the relieved look in her face.

Dara hurriedly exited the room and followed Minzy out. ‘Omo omo omo. What happened?’ she asked herself.

Later. . .

Her phone beeped.

GD: I’m still wondering why you were smiling all ears at the last photo I’ve shown you

She cringed as she read his message. She knows he’ll keep bugging her about this and she knows how PERSISTENT he can be when it comes to stuffs like this.

Dara: Y is it such a big deal 2 u? I was just testing my acting skills, if I can smile despite a disgusting situation I’m in

‘What a lame excuse’ she thought.

GD: Disgusting?
Dara: Yep. I’d rather have Gaho at that moment than u
GD: haha. Ur such a bad liar. U think I would buy that one?
Dara: R u one of my fanboys, then?
GD: Eh? Ur delusional. Me? A fanboy of who?
Dara: R u retarded? Aisshh. I guess u r, well let me repeat what I said, so ur slow brain can understand. R U 1 OF MY FANBOYS?
GD: HAHAHA. What made u think that?
Dara: Well, 1st off, u wouldn’t do that in the 1st place if ur not

‘Keke’ she silently laughed. He can’t expect her to just let him get his way now, can she?

GD: Yeah, right! I’m just being a sweet dongsaeng. And besides, I just find ur reactions funny everytime I do that. And besides, I did warn u before about it.

Dara: I’ll tell J-ah uv been abusing me
GD: Shw won’t believe u
Dara: Y?
GD: As far as she know, ur not my type

Her head spin at that response. She weakly keyed in a response.

Dara: I know

‘I need some chocolates’ she thought.

---------->

Inkigayo. . .

He was being massaged by CL. “Goodluck, Oppa!” she greeted. He chuckled.

“I looked like someone being hit by a lightning, eh, Chaerein-ah?”

CL let out an awkward laugh. “You looked okay, Oppa”

He glanced at the mirror and saw her goofing around AGAIN. She was imitating YB’s dancesteps again, which made the latter and the others laugh.

“Aigoo” she exclaimed as she sat beside YB. Then, she smiling and quietly sitting there.

“Ah, I don’t feel good” YB said.
“You’ll do good. You always do. And besides, you’ve already been through that situation before, performing while being sick. It’s a good thing your condition today is not as worse as long ago”

He suddenly sneezed. “I’m sorry, noona, I didn’t mean it.

“It’s alright” she chuckled lightly.

Then the show began.

When it was YB’s turn, everyone surrounded on the monitor tv and watched intently, cheering at first, then total silence, then cheers again, silence. It was like that. His head suddenly turned as he heard the woots of the girls when YB showed his well, toned abs. But what really made him turn his head was because of HER. She was the one who was loudly giving a gleeful cheer. He gave her a dangerous glare but she didn’t notice as she was TOO ABSORBED watching Taeyang’s performance.

‘I’ll get my own abs someday. You’ll see’ he thought darkly. But then, he stopped as he realize the complication in his thought.

Someday. . .

That word seemed impossible already, at least for him.

Then, as the show was done, and GD and YB returned backstage, the others clapped and greeted them. Giving praises here and there for showing everybody great performances. Amidst all the people swarming in on him and Taeyang, he looked around and saw her smiling brightly at him. He smiled back, and was about to approach her when his phone suddenly rang.

“I saw your performance. You did a great job! Ugh, I feel so bad for not coming there, I’m really busy, but I sneaked out to watch your performance!”

“Hey, thank you! Anyways, I’ve been wondering, you never told me what’s keeping you busy these days? Are you working-?”

“Let’s not talk about me, at least not now. We got lot of times to talk about my work. What’s important now is you”

That made him smile, and from the corner, he can hear someone humming to the tune of This Love again. He chuckled lightly.

“Ah, they’re teasing you again, huh?” she broke the silence, apparently, she heard the humming tune.

“Well, yeah”


Dara saw he seemed BUSY and GIDDY at the moment, so she just let him be and went to greet YB instead.

“Wow! And I thought you said you were sick or something” she said, shaking her head as she approached him.
“If that performance is what you call being sick, then I’d rather catch colds and fever right now. C’mon, share some of the virus with me” she joked. He laughed. Then, he sneezed unexpectedly again.

------------->

He fidgeted in his sleep, throwing his head here and there; sweat was starting to form in his forehead as he delved deeper into his dream.

He looked around and saw that he was in the middle of nowhere. But he wasn’t worried that he was lost. The beauty and serenity of the place captivates him. The glint of the yellow and pink flowers reflecting the sun’s rays were blindingly hypnotic, giving the surrounding’s a combination of yellow, green, orange, white and pinkish atmosphere, it soothes his eyes from strain. He smiled as he saw someone waving happily at him, then she turned around and started running towards the cliff, that was overlooking the sea. She probably wanted to get a look of the view. But then he frowned as he noticed how she was running in a dreamstate like, her hair was gently floating behind her as her white dress was gently trailing behind her but she was not making any progress, she was still on the same spot, never moving forward, never leaving that spot. Then she stopped and turned around to him again. He prepared a perfect smile on his face, but it disappeared as he saw her face. She was sad, in pain, in tears. The melancholy was too much for him to bear. She started running towards him as he reached out his hand to her, but she was not getting nearer, she was still on that spot, on that same damn spot. Then she stopped. A tear fell down her cheek as she clutched her chest and mouthed something to him. Then, he felt the wind coming, blowing gently. His eyes grew wide as she was gently blown by the wind, fading into the air, leaving trail of tears behind her.

He moaned in his sleep.

“No, don’t” he gasped in a broken voice.


Morning. . .

His phone beeped.
J: Good morning, Ji oppa! R u awake! It’s a beautiful day today

He went into the bathroom and splashed his face with water, a frown creasing his forehead as he looked in his reflection in the mirror. He remembered he was dreaming about something, but he can’t remember the details. All his memory can give him was that he was standing in the middle of nowhere, in a cliff full of flowers that was looking over the sea, he remembered how perfectly beautiful it ws that it was impossible to think that such place exists.

He splashed his face with water again, thinking that it was probably a good dream.

----------->

Dara was anxious as they were having another Japanese lesson.

‘Aisshh. This is so frustratingly hard. I’d rather be with Gaho right now’ she thought.

Then, he arrived. She childishly pouted. ‘Frustratingly hard times five’ she thought.

BREAK

GD: U want me 2 teach u Japanese?
Dara: No thanks. -.- Minkki can help me

She can totally imagine what will happen if she agree to him. It would be another “rap tutorial” incident where he was having so much fun laughing at her. And instead of learning, they’d just end up bickering at each other. He would laugh his head off as if there’s no tomorrow, and she would fume at one corner, giving him dark glares. Then, she would plan out revenge, which would succeed of course, but he would always find a way to get back at her, too.

GD: haha Y?
Dara: Ur a bad teacher. I got worse after u TAUGHT me. If u can even call that one “teaching”
GD: It’s not my fault if ur brain work the other way

‘Aissh’ her mind screamed.

Then, they resumed their lessons. After a CENTURY of hours, they proceeded to their voice lessons.

She’s been through this before, but she can’t but feel nervous everytime they’re having this kind of traing. She’s always the last one to vocalize, because there’s usually extension when it comes to her.

So, Bom started. She was doing well, as usual. There were only a few flaws as she was catching her breath in between. She was then taught to do the proper breathing exercises again.

Next was CL. The teacher was testing CL’s range. And so far, there were improvements as CL hit notes that she can’t reach before. For that, CL was highly praised by instructor.

Third was Minzy, the instructor worked on her range, too and a few breathing techniques.

Then, it was her turn. After a while, her voice broke.

‘Oops’ she thought, looking at the instructor apprehensively.

“Your voice seemed off. Are you alright?”

“My throat hurts” she said hesitantly. She thought she was going to pull off just like YB.

‘So much of imitating Youngbae’ she thought.

“You should have told me earlier. Take a rest. You’re going to have a separate session once you feel better, okay?”

She nodded.

She sighed as she settled at one corner of the room.


Later. . .

She was half-running half-walking as she kept pace with him, who was literally dragging her.

“Did you wander off to the Han river again without bringing a jacket? Or did you eat too much chocolate last night? Aissh!! You are so frustratingly irritable. And don’t you dare start saying that it was my fault and it was me who got you infected because we both now that it’s not true. Woman, hew old are you, really? Seemed to me you don’t know how to take care of yourself. Aisshh… What am I going to do with you and that stupid head of yours? Aisshh. . . . “

And it goes and on and on, his voice was boring her ears already. His voice sounded harsh, irritated and frustrated. The words she was hearing should pissed her off or angered her to be exact.

“….. so stubborn.. Aisshh.. Never follows….”

“….childish, childlike…..not capable of taking care….such careless act”

“…stupid. never listens. Always thinks she’s right. . .scattered brain. The damage seemed permanent. Aisshh..”

“…cannot be cured, totally incurable, brain’s totally in wrecked.”

“. . .totally a hopeless case.. nothing can be done, abnormality’s irreversible”

Yes, those words should anger her, but no. Instead, she found herself smiling. Maybe because the way he was holding her hand as he dragged her contradict those words and the tone of his voice. The way he held her hand was so overly gentle, it’s as if, a teeny weeny pressure would break her.

‘Stupid mutt’ she shook her head, but the smile was still there.

Then, his head turned around her and his eyes squinted, then started mumbling to himself again.

“. . .totally out of her mind, smiling by herself”

They reached his dorm. As they entered, he called out his mother.

“Umma, can you make a soup remedy for-!” he stopped in his track as he saw another person in the space.

“Oppa!” J-ah smiled brightly.

GD suddenly let go of Dara’s hand as if she was infected or something. Dara was surprise by J’s address to Ji.

“J-ah! What are you doing here? You never told me you’d come”

“I wanted to surprise you! Are you surprised?”

‘Obviously. He wouldn’t ask why you were here if he was not surprised’ Dara thought. Then, she shook her head. ‘Aisshh. What am I thinking? I’m so mean! It’s wrong’

“Sandara-ssi! You’re here, too!” the girl smiled. She smiled back.

“Annyeong!” she greeted then bowed.

“Why are you here?” the girl asked.

Dara looked at GD for swift moment then looked at the girl again, feeling guilty. ‘Aisshh. Why am I feeling guilty?’ she asked herself.

“Err, I-“

“Noona’snot feeling well. She got sore throat, so I thought to ask umma to make something for her”

“Aww. What a sweet sunbae!” Dara heard the girl exclaimed but she was not paying attention to her, as she was looking at GD.

‘What’s with the noona now?’ she tried to communicate through her eyes, but it seemed like he didn’t get her message.

“Yeah, he’s such a caring sunbae to us” she answered.

“I’m not feeling well either. Amd If I remember it right, Sandara-ssi can cook well. Maybe you can make something for us? I’d really like to taste-“

“Aniyo. I’m not really that good. GD SUNBAE was just teasing me”

“Oh, but-“

“Sandara is really modest, humble really, when it comes to her cooking abilities”

GD was startled to hear his mom’s voice.

“Umma” he greeted.

Dara let out a light chuckle. “Aniyo” she shook her head.

His mom smiled at her. “Still as humble as before”

Later. . .

Dara was slowly sipping the soup as GD was watching her with an amused look.

“Ahh, this really tastes good” J-ah exclaimed.

GD’s head turned to J who was sitting beside him while Dara was sitting in front of him.

“Yeah, umma’s the best”

Dara just listened to them, smiling every now and then when being addressed or asked of something. And everytime she talks or answers, GD would let out a controlled chuckle or snigger.

‘Is he making fun of me?’ she asked.

When she was done eating, she sat there awkwardly, looking and feeling stupid as they continued talking and “reminiscing memories”

She cleared , wincing a little. “I think I shoul d go” she said and stood up. GD stood up, too.

“Oh, look at the time! I didn’t notice. Time really flies when you’re having FUN” J-ah said in disbelief, looking at her watch. “I think I should go, too”

“I’ll walk you two outside”

“Aniyo. I’ll be fine” Dara said.

“Don’t be stubborn”

They walked out after saying goodbye and thanks to his mother.

Dara started walking the other way.

“Ya! Where are you going?”

“The dorm?” she asked blankly.

“The elevator’s this way”

“I know. But since when did-“ she stopped, realizing the change. Usually, he would walk her to her dorm through the stairs even if she kept on insisting that they used the elevator. He would always say that taking the stairs would be good for HER, so she can exercise her legs and walking would help her for her breathing techniques. But then, J-ah was with them. Surely, he wouldn’t want her to take the stairs, probably because he doesn’t want to tire her.

“I’ll take the stairs. Exercise” she said, hyping her legs up and smiling stupidly bright at the two.

“You’re not feeling well, remember?” GD said. “Come on already”

“No, I’ll be fine, really”

“Come on Sandara-ssi. Ji is right” the girl smiled at her and pleaded with her eyes.

“Okay” she mumbled after a moment of hesitation. She mentally scolded herself for thinking bad things about the girl. She was a nice girl after all, she was just not use to see GD- well, scratch that out. The girl’s really nice. Period.

Or not.

She saw J-ah linking her arm to GD’s arm the moment they were inside the elevator, and she was leaning her head a bit towards his shoulder. She stood stiffly far from them, at the other end of the elevator, impatiently waiting for the elevator to arrive on her floor.

After the OH-SO-LOOOOOOOOONG confinement in the elcvator, it finally stopped in her floor. Without waiting for the elecvator doors to fully open, she squeezed herself out only to bumped on someone.

“Da-“ GD started the moment the elevator stopped. The door wasn’t yet fully open when she stubbornly squewzed herself out, and went straight into the person waiting outside. Then, the door closed again.
“Was that Taeyang?” J-ah asked.

“Yes” he answered a little breathlessly. She chuckled.

“No wonder Sandara-ssi was such in a hurry. Taeyang must be waiting for her”

Meanwhile. . .

“Youngbae!” Dara exclaimed. But YB was not looking at her, instead, his eyes were on the two occupants of the elevator. Then, it closed.

“Noona”

“What are you doing here?” Dara asked.

“Oh, I was just thinking of returning this to you” he said, showing her a cap.

“Oh. Thanks” she said, a warm smile on her face. The sun never fails to make the rain stop. His onstage name is so appropriate for him as he always, constantly comforts her with his smile and words.

--------->

“I’m on my way home already”

“Any progress?” the person on the other line grudgingly said.

“Yep!”

“Get on with the plan already. S is getting impatient”

A sarcastic laugh was heard.

“I don’t care about your S, but since we had a deal, I’ll try to be nice but it’s not yet time. The sun is still hovering; I’m stillwating for the sky to be clear. And besides, snakes love working during the night”