A Series of Talk: Part I

The Hidden Love

 He was watching their farewell stage with In The Club at the backstage.

"Wow! Look at Dara's facial expression!"

"Yeah! Nice, nice"

He heard the others saying. He smiled without taking his eyes off the screen. He was watching intently, his rest his chin in his folder fingers, as if in prayer. Then, she made a mistake. He saw a flash of disappointment flash across her eyes and her voice became shaky after making a mistake.

'C'mon, you can do this' he thought.

As if she heard what she ws thinking, the disappointment and shaky voice disappeared. Once again, the fierce expression on her face returned and her voice sounded confident. He smiled again. 'That's my girl' he thought.

He stood up and clapped, the others followed him.

When the performance ended, he was expecting and hoping to see a laughing Dara, the one who laughed at her mistake during their Last Farewell performance, instead, he saw her in tears. Bowing and apologozing for her mistake and imperfect performance. The others clapped and cheered her, amazed by how dedicated she was to their last performance. He wanted to comfort her himself, but the people crowded in on her, so he kept his distance. He was trying to catch her eyes at least but she never looked nor even glanced at him.

They were on their way home. Dara was unusually quiet. The girls let her be on herself for a while, then, Bom started cheering her up. The other two followed suit. Then, Dara hit a joke and they all laughed. Later, the three received calls on talking on their phone. But she never received one.

'Maybe the others are greeting them for doing a good job' she thought.

They arrived at the dorm. . .

Dara went to the couch immediately and lied faced down.

"Unnie, we're going out. Do you want something?"

"No" she answered.

The three girls looked at each other and sighed. Then, CL motioned the two that they should get going. Upon opening the door, they were surprised to see someone standing by it.

"Oppa!" Minzy and CL exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" Bom asked.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"Erm, she's over there, at the couch" CL whispered.

He sighed.

"Are you going somewhere?" he asked.

"Yeah, we'll just grab something"

"Buy her a ramen, will you?" he asked.

"Okay" CL answered.

"Can I come in?"

"Oh, sure. You can keep unnie a company"

The three of them went on their way while GD got inside. He saw her lying face down on the couch. He went nearer and sat at the floor. "Hey" he whispered softly.

She grunted. "What are you doing here?" she said in a muffled voice.

He chuckled, "What do you think?"

"Visiting CL" she answered in a muffled voice again, "or maybe Bom"

He rolled his eyes. "Are you still crying?"

She grunted again. "Don't look at me. Just go away" she said, turning her head away from him.

He chuckled again. "Hey, don't turn your face"

"I want to sleep, the light is blinding me"

He sighed. He removed his shoes and stayed sitting on the floor, stretching out his feet.

A while later, she turned her face on his direction again. He saw that she was evenly breathing. 'How could she sleep so fast? She didn't even change her clothes'

He took the blanket from her bag and covered her with it. He stood there for a while and watched her sleeping. Then, he took a cap and put it on her head, covering her eyes, but she fidgeted a little so the cap was out of place, showing a bit of her face. He was about to fix it but he stopped.

'Oh, well, never mind. At least I can see her face.'

It was really nice seeing her peacefully sleeping. He looked around and saw her cellphone lying on the table. He took a picture of her then chuckled. He returned her phone on the table and took his own.

He then took pictures of her from different angle using his phone. He sometimes includes himself. 'Ah, we really look good together' he smiled smugly.

He fall asleep while waiting for her to wake up.

She blinked, then opened her eyes. "Aigoo!" she exclaimed as she sat up, her neck was so stiff. She stood up and fell backwards to the couch as she stepped on something unsusual.

"Ouch" he grunted and opened his eyes. "What was that for?"

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you. I thought you left already" she said, she looked so worried that he answered, "It's okay."

He saw her massaging her the side of her neck.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not really. It's just stiff. I guess I slept in one side for too long" she chuckled.

"You're doing it wrong. Here let me" he said. He massaged it, trying his best. "Ugh, CL should be here, she's the expert when it comes to this" he muttered. He wants her to feel well already and he's not really that good when it comes to massaging, but Dara was worse then him, she could literally break her own neck.

"I'll just wait for CL, then" she said and started standing up but he stopped her by pulling her shoulders back.

"Don't be stubborn. You would feel better at once if it was CL, but I'm doing my best here. So just stay put, will you?" he scolded.

 

Meanwhile. . .

In an office. . .

The room was unusually quiet. Everyone seemed confuse as to why they were at the dim-lighted room at the moment. They were personally contacted by the person who called this "meeting"

"I think I know why we're here" a male wearing a gray jacket said.

"I think so, too" It seemd like only two persons are missing" the capped one said, chuckling, like he always do.

"Yeah, the two stupid lovebirds" the guy in a black shirt added.

"Ya! Watch your language, there's a minor here" the hooded girl burst.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot"

"Do you think this is really about them?" the youngest one in the group asked.

"Pretty much, I guess" the one in the gray jacket answered.

Then, the door suddenly opened and the room was filled with silence as the man of the hour entered, exhibiting an authoritative aura to everyone. Three girls and six boys stood up to greet the newcomer. He nodded in return.

"Take your seats" he said in a stern voice, it was natural for him anyway. Then he looked at them, eyeing them carefully.

"I think you're all aware on what's going on here, right? And I know everyone of you knows why we're here?"

"Erm, no" the beannie guy answered the same time everyone else said "yes"

"Stop playing, hyung"

The "hyung" was about the open his mouth to argue but the capped guy shush him with his eyes.

All eyes the newcomer again.

The newcomer cleared his throat. "I never thought this would come to this. But I want to be clear that I only want what's best for them. I know some of you may disagree and may not comply to what I'm going to ask you, but be forewarned that after hearing everything, I will not make irrational and selfish judgments. I know this will be hard for some of you,too, since your friends are involved, but for once, I ask for your trust" he paused, waiting for any violent reactions. But there was none except for the capped one who straightened uncomfortably.

"Now, I'm going to ask each of your opinions and observations. Let's start with you" he nodded to the guy on his left, the guy wearing a black shirt.

"Well, the one thing I'm sure of is, is that both of them are the stupidest person on earth. Sorry maknae" he paused to let the laughter die down then continued. "As far as I can see, the guy is head over heels with the girl, and he tends to be easily distracted when he hears or sees something that is realted to her. He's actually starting to lose his control of not showing his feelings. As for the girl, I must commend her for hiding her feelings well, coz I can't really tell if she feels the same but there are moments that her smile is just different when he's around'

"I saw how they kept on stealing glances at each other, how his eyes change when he's looking at her and the secret smiles they're exchanging. I think the guy brings out the best from her, but the girl is had a different effect on the guy sometimes. He can really be easily distracted. And I noticed that he doesn't really call her noona" the guy in the jacket stated, chuckling.

"They really look cute! Aigoo!" the girl with a long hair said, acting cutely that made everyone laugh.

"I think she's confused. She doesn't really know how she feels towards him. I even think she's not aware that she has feelings for him" the hooded girl nodded.

"They got the most complicated relationship. She's always nervous and shy when he's around. Sometimes awkward,too, but she's comfortable with him. It's really odd" the maknae laughed, the others chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"She brings out the jealous and inferior side of the guy, but she can really make him happy with simple hello's" a guy in a white shirt answered, smiling beautifully.

"One day, hyung is just going to burst if he keeps his feelings for too long" a cute guy in pj's said, and motioning his hand like something exploded.

"Erm, are we talking about GD and Dara noona?" the beannie guy asked uncertainly. The others rolled their eyes and shook their heads. "But I thought he likes CL and Bom?"

"Stupid" the others muttered.

"Ya! How thick can you get? You just learned about that now?" the one in pj's asked, laughing that made everyone laughing,too.

Then, it's the turn of the capped one. Everyone else fell silent.

He was having second thoughts on saying something but when he looked at the guy behind the desk, whose eyes were saying, "trust me this once"

He drew a deep breath and released it slowly.

"Both of them are really stubborn. They are not aware about each other's feelings. Both of them thinks that the other don't have any special feelings since both of them are hiding it pretty well. They show their jealousy through pissing each other off. If they continue bing like this, they'll just end up hurting each other. She's really insensitive when it comes to his feelings for her but she can also be very sensitive when he's teasing her" he paused, then continued, "honestly, I'm confused on why they keep on hiding their feelings"

"That would be my fault" the stern voice came. He sighed as everyone's eyes him again.

"As YG family implies, we are a family. I have my own reasons in what I'm doing but I never though that it would turn out like this. He seemed willing to sacrifice his own happiness just to make her happy. But I'm not sure if the girl feels the same. I think she's not yet ready to do the same"

 

Back to the dorm. . .

"How are you feeling?" she heard him asked.

"I'm fine" she answered without looking in his eyes. She was afraid on what she might see there. For some reason, she can't bear to see the disappoint in his eyes more than YG's or the other members. But GD's disappointment would be a big deal for her.

'Why is she not looking at me?' he asked himself.

"Ya! Do I look that hideous?"

"Huh?" she asked blankly, looking at him.

He smiled. 'Finally' he thought.

Upon seeing him smile, she smiled,too and she felt relieved.

"That's better" he said, chuckling.

They were silent for a few seconds. "I made a mistake" she whispered.

"Everybody makes mistakes" he whispered back.

"But I've been consistently doing it lately, and it was supposed to be our farewell stage. I should have practised more. I should have done better. I-"

"Don't be too hard on yourself" he scolded her. "You're only a human after all, eventhough a bit weird, but still, it doesn't exempt you from making mistakes"

"I can't help but to feel bad" she said, and was starting to cry again.

"Come here" he said, motioning her to lean on his shoulder.