The Past Revealed II: Tough Times

The Hidden Love

He can't quite count the months since he met her. All those times, it was a one tough ride for her. He watched how she struggled through their rigorous training. She was progressing, yes, but it wasn't quite enough for the president. He watched how she smiles when being criticized then cries the next second, when everybody was not looking. But not him. He's been watching from afar. He watches, never tries to stop the harsh words being thrown to her. 'I'm sorry. But you have to be strong' he thought. There were times that he just watch and listen. But everytime he sees her crying, it's like squeezing his heart,too. For the past few days, he's been giving comforting words to her. Words of encouragement. He also gives her constructive criticisms.
He can see through her sometimes,though. Behind those sweet smiles, loneliness is lurking behind her eyes. That's why he's been keeping her company, eventhough she's close to almost everyone in YG. Since Taeyang is naturally a sweet guy, though very shy at times, he's also keeping Sandara company. They sit in a corner sometimes, during break and laughed off to her jokes. He jokes around,too, when she's not her usual cheery self. It's been like that for the next few months, until one day, she announced that she's going back to the Philippines.

"But why?" he asked.

"I have to work. And besides, I told them I'll be gone for just a year"

"Are you staying there for good?" he asked.

"Philippines is my second home" she answered.

She smiled. "We'll always be friends, right?"

"Yeah" he said.

Yes, friends. The first time he heard she already got her eyes and heart on someone, he was somewhat disappointed. Of course, that's the reason she's been treating him like her brother. There were times that she's been giving him peculiar looks. But when he looks closely, it disappears, so he just think of it as his imagination, but he swears he's been noticing it happening more and more lately .

"When are you leaving?" he asked.

"Next month"

'That soon?' he asked himself.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Huh? oh, yes, why?"

"Well, you looked odd a while ago", she chuckled.

"I always look odd, don't I?"

She laughs. "Yeah, that's why you always amaze me"

"What?"

"Ya! Break time is over!" the trainer said.

"Time for practice!" she said, standing energetically.

After a week. . .

Dara was smiling because the trainer praised her for the first time. Though, there are a lot of harsh words, still, he said she's already showing some improvements in her dancing and acting skills. She was also praised for being the most hardworking trainee.

"Why don't we all take a break and enjoy? Have dinner in a restaurant or something?"