The Past Revealed V: Sad Story

The Hidden Love

 -FLASHBACK-

"She's coming back" he heard, not quite sure who said it. He doesn't care who's coming back though, she could be anyone, but he REALLY doesn't care, except if that someone is HER.

"Yeah, I heard she'll arrive tomorrow"

"Ya! Jiyong, aren't you excited?"

"No. Why should I?"

"But S-"

"Ya!"the trainer shouted. "Let's resume."

And so they did.

After two days. . .

The usual rehearsals and training are happening. The usual sweat, heavy breathing filled the room. Nothing unusual. Jiyong was so used to this routine everyday for the past months. Nothing exciting, new or thrilling's been happening lately. Come to think of it, it's been like that for him for a year.

He heard the door open, he wasn't really looking, he was staring at the floor. The moment that someone entered, the room was filled with roars, cheers and laughters.

"Sandara!"

"You're back!"

"I told you she's coming back"

"Sandara, we missed you!"

"Omo!" Sandara said, laughing.

The room was filled with gleeful greetings. The others was ecstatic and happy to see her again. They all greeted her, welcomed her and hugged her, except one.

Jiyong's head snapped up. He can't believe what he heard. But there she was! With her usual smile, fragile body, shyness and craziness. He was rooted to the spot. He's not sure if he's just imagining her or not. 'I'm just imagining this one' he thought. He smiled. He can't believe he can still picture her perfectly, it was as if she's really there. His imagination was quite accurate. Of course he knows she's not coming back, that this is just his imagination. He was quite sure she'll inform him that she'll be coming back and SOMEONE would surely inform him,too. Why would she leave the Philippines and return to Korea if she's having a great career there, a lot of friends and someone special? He frowned as he thought of the words 'someone special'.

"Ya! Jiyong!" he heard her call.
He secretly smiled. 'I can still imagine her voice perfectly' he thought.
He saw her smile and she was coming near him.
"Omo! You changed! You looked different, especially your hair" she said, with that crazy and funny look of her eyes. He saw her reached his hair and touch it, he held his breath. 'She seemed so real' he thought. But when he felt a tingling sensation creeping from his neck, he realized he's not imagining. 'She's here, she's really here!' his mind shouted.

He was still holding his breath. It's as if the time stopped the moment he realized she's not his imagination. He was scared to let go of his breath, scared that every movements will make the time tick again. He wants to savor this moment. He saw her sniff herself.

"Do I smell bad?" she asked, a frown creasing her forehead.
He exhaled. "What?"

"I'm asking if I smell bad to you. You've been holding your breath there"

"Oh, no, I just. . . remembered something"

She smiled. "You still have a good memory,huh?", laughs.

"So, when did you --?" he started, but unable to finish, stunned by her presence.

"Yesterday. And guess what?" she asked excitedly.

"What?"

"I just signed a contract with YG a while ago" she said, clapping her hands and jumping up and down.

"Really? You're staying for good?" His eyes widen.

"Yes!",laughs.

"I think I have to go to the bathroom" he said.

"Ehhhh?"

He ran to the bathroom. He smiled. The smile slowly turning into laughters, then tears started to flow. He covered his face, then exhaled. He punched the air, saying the word "yes" over and over again. He can't believe she returned, and was staying for good, even signed a contract with YG.

He stayed there for a while, savoring the moment. He regretted his welcome, though. He could've shown her how happy he is that she returned and staying. 'Ugh, how stupid' he muttered. He should have given her a grand welcome.

He returned to the studio and saw Sandara talking to YB. She must sense his presence because she looked over him and smiled. He smiled back.

"Ya! Why didn't you tell me that you're coming back?" he asked.

"I've been calling you many times, but I can't contact you. And besides, I told Youngbae to tell you" she ranted, then turned to YB. "You didn't tell him?" she asked.

"I did. But he wasn't paying attention" YB answered, a little flustered.

"Oh, I guess he just remembered something again" she laughed.

He laughed, too.

"Enough about me. Let's talk about you" Jiyong grabbed her wrist and shook his head. "You're not eating properly" he noticed.

She just laughed. 'Ah, I miss that sound' Jiyong thought.

"So, tell me everything. What you've been up to the past year? And what made you decide to come back?"

She laughed again and said, "it's quite a long story"

But he saw it. Behind the laugh was sadness. It sounded hollow, empty.

"But it's a good thing you're back. We missed your craziness, you know" YB said.

And she started with her usual crazy self, making everybody laugh with her jokes.

'I'll find out what happened soon enough.' he thought.

Three days had passed. In that three days, he's been thinking of ways how to ask her what happened. But he can't seem to find the perfect timing. She was always with everybody, talking and laughing. She was never alone, so he can't pull it off. He's been watching her though. And he can see that she's hiding something. He can see it in her eyes and she's been trying too hard to make jokes and fool around.

'I already gave you three days, I can't wait any longer' he thought.

"Ya, Sandara noona!" he called.

"Huh?"

He motioned his finger, so she would come to him.

And she did.

"I want to know everything. Later, when everybody leaves" he whispered, then left her and joined the others.

Later that evening. . .

She was talking.

He was listening.

She cried, he felt bad.

She started crying harder.

He was speechless.

He comforted her.

He let her lean on him.

He shouldn't have asked. He hate seeing her crying like this. He learned about what happened to her career, how she struggled to make a living for her family, how she found out about her father and his other family, her relationship. He don't know if he should be happy that they broke up. Seeing her cry like this over that boy, angered and saddened him. If she was crying hard like this, he'd rather they would be together again, eventhough it would kill him. But Sandara deserve someone better than him.

He told her that.

"But I loved him so much. I don't think I can love again after what happened, after what he did."

Those words broke his heart.

That was the saddest story he ever heard and will ever hear in his life.