Mirror

The Hidden Love

GD’s Concert- 1st Day

DARA. . . It was a happy day for GD, eventhough she can see he was anxious and nervous. But anticipation and excitement filled the air. For the whole day, she did nothing but goof around with the people backstage, laugh and smile. She even threw jokes at GD and Jina, trying her very best to make the two laugh. For those wo knows what’s going on, they were curious and scared with her overly happy behavior, well, except for YB.

GD. . . As much as he wanted not to laugh, he can’t help himself. She was being way too FUNNY and ENERGETIC today. But there’s a shadow underlying his laughter. He was actually surprised by the way she acts normally to him and to Jina. It’s as if nothing happened at all. There are questions circling his mind like: “why is she acting like nothing happened?”, “”how can she throw jokes like that?”. It’s making him think that he just imagined how broken her voice sounded down the hallway.

YB. . .Just as the rabbit requested, he stayed beside her. Well, not literally all the time, though. But he made sure that everytime she looks back, he’s there, to assure her that he’s keeping his promise: that he’ll always be there for her. He knew that the others who knew about the two were curious and scared as to why Dara acts like that.

-FLASHBACK-

YB punched the wall several times. He didn't care if he was already bleeding. All he know is that he wanted to feel physical pain so he can forget other pain that was crippling him more than his bleeding hands. He leaned his forehead against the wall as he cried out the pain that seemed to be planning to stay for a long time. Then, slowly, he started to relax a little. After a moment of heavy breathing, he took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Hello, hyung?” he asked.

“Yeah? It's late, why did you call?”

“I need your help. Can we talk tomorrow?” he asked.

"What about?” Se7en asked.

“I'll tell you tomorrow”

The next day. . .

YB was waiting in the restaurant for the others to arrive. Se7en and the other BB members were already there, too. The three 2NE1 girls, Kush and Teddy are the remaining persons missing. Then, Kush and Teddy arrived. Of course, the “always-late” girls came shortly after the two.

"Sorry, Oppa. We were having difficulties escaping from unnie” CL apologized.

"How is she?” YB asked, eventhough he already knows the answer.

“Not good” CL answered.

“So, what’s this all about?” Se7en asked.

“It’s about Jiyong and Dara noona” YB bravely said.

“What about them?”

That’s where they started telling Se7en what happened. The senior was quiet for a full minute, thinking, contemplating. Then, he turned to YB.

“What help do you need?” he asked, frowning.

“Well, basically, I was thinking of getting making them confess their true feelings for each other” YB mumbled shyly.

Se7en chuckled. “So, you mean, after all those years,
Jiyong never even once confessed her feelings for her? This is unbelievable”

SILENCE.

“But how are we going to make him confess if he already made a decision? If what he says about his feelings for Jina is true, we can’t just order him to stop loving the girl. Though I must agree with you all that this is not the type of thing Jiyong would do and that there’s something wrong. Because based from what I’ve heard from you all and I observed myself, Dara and Jiyong are into each other for life”

“I don’t believe hyung really loves Jina-ssi” Seungri had spoken for the first time. Everyone’s heads turned to the maknae wearing expressions of surprise as it was the first time they heard him speak, because the whole time the rest of them were speaking, he remained silent which was very unusual for him. They were also stunned to hear the fierce confidence in his voice.

“Have you told sajang-nim about this?” Se7en asked.

“He knows everything except for this talk. As much as possible, I don’t want to burden him anymore. I wanted to solve this by ourselves” YB answered.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

‘Looks like I have to talk to hyung again’ he thought as he remembered the call he received from Jiyong, asking him to fix something very “important” to him. The leader is really confusing him. Something must have happened, and he won’t stop until he finds that out.

-------->

The concert had wrapped up. Dara was now walking to where their foods where set, to get water when she heard heated voices. She stopped and was about to turn around because she doesn’t really wants to be accused of eavesdropping but then, she recognized the voices. Curious that she was, she tuned in to listen.

“What was that?” Jina hissed.

“That was just a performance” GD answered.

“You never told me about that scene! And I’ve never seen you rehearse for that bed scene!”

“How would you know when you always leave in the middle of the rehearsals to go to your friend-in-need” GD fired back.

“Huh! Now, what? You’re jealous? You’re angry because I’m helping a friend? What-?”

“You won’t even tell me your friend’s name” GD interfered.

Jina exasperatedly sigh. “Then, what should I feel about you being touchy with Dara’s foods, then?”

Dara froze as her breath seemed to stop in .

“Get her out of this! She’s got nothing to do with us”

“Oh, c’mon, Jiyong! You think I don’t know how you sneaked up on the crew to always bring as much healthy foods for Dara?”

“So, what? You know how weak Dara’s en- noona’s endurance is. I don’t want her to collapse in the middle of the performance. And besides, those foods were for everyone”

“For everyone, eh? Then, how can you explain that all of the foods the crew brought were her favorites?!? All of it were her favorites! I’m not that stupid. I’m warning you, Jiyong! You know what I’m capable of”

“J-ah, I’m sorry”

Dara was shocked to hear GD’s voice that gentle.

“J-ah, listen, I-“

Dara heard enough. She cleared to stop him from finishing his sentence and let them know about her presence. She’s got a pretty good idea of what he’s going to say next.

“Er, I’m kinda thirsty, I really need water. Is it okay?” she asked, smiling, eventhough it was out of place since the two were wearing a “not-so-happy- expressions. Jina looked really mad while GD looked. . .scared? Is that fear in his eyes? So, he must be really afraid to hurt Jina, huh? She went to get the a bottled water and took her time in drinking it in front of them. The two was unusually quiet and were eyeing each other carefully. When she was about to leave, she took one final glance at the the two.

“Oh, you did very well tonight, sunbae-nim! Especially the Breathe performance” she said, then winked at Jina.
Don’t get her wrong, She’s not being revengeful or something, but lately, she’s been having “a heavy heart” for Jina, though she knows it’s wrong because the girl never did anything bad to her, but still, that’s what she feels. She also finds it amusing how her presence seemed to affect the girl.

GD’s Concert- 2nd day

The clock is ticking. In just a few minutes, the show will start. After goofing in the backstage, Dara went to look for him. The DAY has finally arrived. She saw him near the stage, looking at the cheering fans outside. She quietly approached him.

“Can you hear them? Can you see how many people loves you?” she quietly asked.

He was silent for a few seconds. “This is one of my dreams” he whispered. She smiled, took his hand and gave it a little squeeze.

“I’m happy to be able to witness one of your dreams come true” she said. Was that her voice? Why did it sound so calmly sad?

“Dara,” he started, “you’re. . .you’re not just a witness here. . . . .”

She smiled again. “Can I ask you one last favor?” she asked.

“What?”

“Have fun out there tonight. Show all these people what your dreams are made of”

He looked at her with a frown in his face and, is that fear in his eyes again? She heaved a big sigh and gave his shoulder a light kiss. “Thank you for everything, Jiyong” she whispered then pulled her hand away. She turned around with a satisfied smile on her face. She glanced up and saw YB not too far from where she was. Their eyes met and though she can see sadness in YB’s eyes, he still gave her a reassuring smile.

“Sandara!” GD called. She looked back at him. The boy gave her his infamous one-sided smile. “Have fun with me tonight” he said.

She smiled back. “I will”

Later. . .

BACKSTAGE

To those where watching, the two looked simply like they’re performing. The others were smiling at how light and cute Dara and GD’s performance was. But YB knew better. The two were not performing for the fans; rather, they were performing for each other. YB saw how their eyes mirrored each other’s feelings.

Happiness. . .

Pain. . .

Longing. . .

Regrets. . .

LOVE. . .

Now, this is a concrete proof that something happened. Why would GD’s eyes show those kinds of emotions if nothing happened? Then, YB caught Se7en’s eyes. In that moment, YB knew that both of them were thinking the same thing

As soon as the Hello performance was finished, Dara immediately run outside and joined the fans in watching GD’s concert. She wanted to remember him as what she’s seeing right now than her memory of him in the hallway. She’d rather keep this new one: him, fulfilling one of his dreams; him smiling and entertaining people; him looking so cute and happy. ‘This is it’ she thought as she whispered, “saranghae, Kwon Jiyong”

Meanwhile, Jina was in one of the front seats. And it didn’t escape her eyes how HIS eyes spotted Dara in the crowd. And it definitely didn’t escape her notice of how he kept on looking at the girl during his Butterfly performance.